Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i talked to her already...just asking for other people's opinion lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    english A1? english B? which one?
    English B HL

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing mine in history...on the Rwandan Genocide and the role of the United Nations and the International community..I work for the UN here in papua new guinea, and im planning on officially working for them after i get my degree so its of interest to me...
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    i think i've figured out what i'm going to do with the repression thing:
    how the field of study of repression has changed between the originator [Freud] and newer experts [i.e. Elizabeth Loftus]

anyone got any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Would genetics be a good topic to do since it allows for a lot of social/political context? Or even fetal development...

ReputationRep:
    LeeVan: If this falls under Biology, can you do experiments on that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emica)
    I'm currently doing mine in history...on the Rwandan Genocide and the role of the United Nations and the International community..I work for the UN here in papua new guinea, and im planning on officially working for them after i get my degree so its of interest to me...
    Cheers
    Whoa that's noble. What kind of job do you do there and what is it like?

ReputationRep:
    I am a senior in IB. Our EE's were mailed out way back in october, but the majority of my class decided to wait until september to even look at them. This is just a message to all of the younger freshmen and sophomore's, even the juniors. When you get the chance to, work on it. If you have an idea stick with it and keep it all together. I started mine freshmen year and actually decided to use an essay topic that a teacher had gave out and I chose that one. I found my old essay and my old EE notes that I had written to myself back in 9th grade. I even had an outline that I modified junior year and over the summer I stayed in touch with my advisor thru email. When I saw her in September, we edited my essay instead of rushing to start it like 90% of my classmates were. Time Management is key in Ib and it will be key in college. Don't procrastinate, just do it and get it over with. If you get an assignment friday, then start it friday and you'll have the whole weekend instead of starting it 10pm on sunday and pulling all nighters. Good luck and if you feel the need, ask your teachers for support groups for your EE and they will help you. Ask for support groups for time management and they will help you. Just hang in there, hold your head up and keep at it!!!

ReputationRep:
    By the way, my subject was history and my topic was about cathedrals (it was more specific, but i don't feel like going into depth)

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have the Extended essay papers for chemistry that IB releases to teachers to help them mark. Please pm me if you have them or anything similar. The samples from our school library are only from students that receive C's probably because they are more biology than chemistry. Thanks in advance./QUOTE]

I guess I could send you mine after July (when I have gotten a mark).
    It was predicted A...

ReputationRep:
    Hah! I'm doing mine on Dante's 'Divine Comedy'. Yet, it's in Polish A1... ;P

ReputationRep:
    are you comparing it with a polish text or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisjorg)

I guess I could send you mine after July (when I have gotten a mark).
    It was predicted A...
    If it is not a secret , What was your title? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourleafclover89)
    are you comparing it with a polish text or something?
    Naah, I have write it entirely in Polish... Ofc, the sources etc. will probably be in Polish as well. But most [and prolly best] of the works ever written about the D.Comedy are in English xD Anyway, hope it will be fun

ReputationRep:
    I need help in thinking of a biology extended essay topic. Please help

ReputationRep:
    If it is not a secret , What was your title?
    A kinetic study on the rate of degradation of ascorbic acid in commercial orange juice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmerchant)
    I need help in thinking of a biology extended essay topic. Please help
    Hmm.. How about the effect of changing different variables (pH, temperature etcc..) on washing powder. In essence, you'll be testing and determining the ideal conditions for enzymes to work in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisjorg)
    A kinetic study on the rate of degradation of ascorbic acid in commercial orange juice.
    Nice one I did mine in chemistry too

ReputationRep:
    well heeyy christian hehehe...*chrisjorg is a classmate of mine*
    anyway...mine was in philosophy - so FUN and so EASY
    "analysis of human perfectionism - the journey of modern man towards human perfection"
    looooved it.. predicted A

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed a correlation between getting good marks and enjoying what you do ;yes;

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.