Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    what is ITGS?
    information technology in global society

i know it cuz im doin it right now.......

ReputationRep:
    my EE
    An assessment of the Nitrate removal potential of immobilized algal cells: A possible application in the bioremediation of eutrophication.

about eutrophication~god....i hate it!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my extended essay is in chemistry and i did not choice the topic yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.Z.)
    my EE
    An assessment of the Nitrate removal potential of immobilized algal cells: A possible application in the bioremediation of eutrophication.

about eutrophication~god....i hate it!!!!!!
    So why did u choose it?:confused: ... EE must be on something u like to do

ReputationRep:
    actually i dont have anther choice
    i cant do english and spanish literature,histroy also
    cuz my english is not good enough
    and ITGS........i just started this course the 2ed year of IB
    and chem and ES...the same teacher........!-.-
    he said maybe ES gonna be esaier for me....thats why...
    and now!!!!i didnt do the experiment yet..the teacher cant find algae..!TOT

ReputationRep:
    i feel really out of place!! i did mine in Spanish A1. about how the authors of two short stories criticize discrimination against the poor in latinamerica.

ReputationRep:
    loads do it in A1, it must be one of the most popular area.s

ReputationRep:
    I'm done IB, but my extended essay was on the role of communist ideology in the collapse of the Soviet Union.. and the subject area was History..

ReputationRep:
    gday,
    i'm new to this forum and IB!
    for my extended essay i have chosen to do the affect of the soviet union on the cultural aspects of russia, like poetry, music ect... only problem will be finding enough information - 4000 words, ouch!

ReputationRep:
    There is lodasa of information on that kindof stuff, i don't know much about australia but there must be a gigantic national library or a large city library that you could visit, forget local or school libraries but if you visit a decent sized one there's bound to be lodas of stuff on what you need, you'd be suprised what can be found if you look in the right sort of library

ReputationRep:
    I know in Melbourne (I don't know where you are) there is the state library, which is enormous, I didn't have to go, but from all reports of my friends who did it is exciting and interesting (I have nerdy friends; I love them). So unless our in some remote part of Australia, you should be able to go to a Large library one weekend maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone help me formulate a research question tied to the turing test and the chinese room argument?

ReputationRep:
    I did my EE in Computer Science; An Analysis of the Use of Computer Technologies in Mass Market Theft Prevention, specifically detailing the US department store Target

ReputationRep:
    strange, i thought for comp sci u had to write algorithms, and erm chinese room, sounds more like a TOK question to me, can a machine know was on the set list for this year, i spose something in philosophy along those lines could be appropriate, if a little samey...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timangi)
    Could anyone help me formulate a research question tied to the turing test and the chinese room argument?

Hmmm this would be an intriguing essay title if you could link them, but how would you go about it? I suppose it would be possible to re-create Searle's Chinese room, however the Turing Test? You wouldn't be able to do physical research, which would lead to a thought experiment. So you could do something along the lines of:

"Is Syntax Enough To Say That Something Understands A Language?"
    I suppose that could work, what do you think?
    (Do you by any chance to philosophy?)

ReputationRep:
    im doing mine in english A2 media option... its deffinetly goin to be about ads... but ive no shaped title yet... i wanted to do something bout the american advertising indusrty and how far it reflected reality, but cant find enough printed sources.. well, ive not much time left to stick up on an idea eh?
    im stressed

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    i need help desperately in forming a question/specific topic for my extended essay. I am writing a history paper and i want it to included the russian and french revolutions. I was thinking maybe, like, a comparative essay on a certain aspect of the revolutions. I would appreciate all help and/or ideas.

THANK YOU,
    desperate IB student.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to submit my essay in the next week which is really exciting after all the work I have put in. My essay was discussing more or less the effective portrayal of growing up in children's literature that has transcended time. Good luck with the history one - I have no idea!

ReputationRep:
    portrayal of growing up in children's literature that has transcended time
    Very interesting. My A1 Danish self-taught course had as main theme growing up, and I therefore read books like Dicken's Great Expectations, Hemann Hesse's Siddhartha, Twain's Huckleberry Finn and some other danish novels... Which ones did you consider?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisjorg)
    Very interesting. My A1 Danish self-taught course had as main theme growing up, and I therefore read books like Dicken's Great Expectations, Hemann Hesse's Siddhartha, Twain's Huckleberry Finn and some other danish novels... Which ones did you consider?
    I had to read Siddhartha and Huckleberry Finn in 9th grade. pretty good books--- enlightening.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.