Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimzs)
    Hey guys.
    This is my first post.
    I'm trying to write one on physics, and my topic was originally going to be calculating the orbit of an asteroid.
    Woud this still be feasible if i could get the data somewhere?
    (I was going to attend a summer program, but got rjcted ^^)
    My new topic is going to be something to do with car safety...but i don't have a clear plan yet. any suggestions?
    Er first idea: there is no way you're going to be able to conduct an experiment on that is there? and as science EE they usually want experiment-based essays, that idea isn't a very good idea.

Car safety...something to do with acceleration? Or impact on collision...Just a couple of ideas

ReputationRep:
    Would there be enough to write about finding resonance frequency of an object (probably number of objects)?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. Depends on what your experiment is and how you're setting it up and what you're trying to find. I think my classmate's physics EE was on resonance...well I didn't pay attention but it got's to do with a lot of tuning forks and smashing wine glasses...:p:

ReputationRep:
    hey you guys^^
    im doing my EE in visual arts.except i dont have a topic.i had one but then a figured it would be too hard to explain n blablalblaaa. (besides im the type fo person who changes their mind in the last minute haha.bad habit though sometimes) anyway. i was thinking of writing about modernism.duchamp or art in the future.what it will be like etc.except thats too much of a broad topic.can anyone helpp?? suggestions please??? im so lost

ReputationRep:
    hi i was thinking of doing mine on "how the perception of people with disabilities in Canada has progressed over the years"(so it'd be in the subjet area of history, kinda like the women's movement, but with people with disabilities) but my mentor said it was too broad and had no argument....does anyone have any ideas as to what i could do? or an idea of a history EE topic involving people with disabilities, idk what to do my topic has to be in within a few days.....HELP!! lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of doing Maths or History. Very different subjects... Supposed to hand in the EE proposal form/research plan yesterday, but I'm still undecided on the topic.

Do any of you know the criteria of writing a good EE in either Maths on History? How many books should you quote? Help!!

ReputationRep:
    "Japanese comic books contribute a common theme of violence. Does this theme passed on to Thai teenagers who read them?"

However, I decided to just write the first draft and talk with my advisor first about which subject area it should be. Seem like I can write it to be either Psychology or Social Anthropology essay. (Quite a stupid choice, but what else can I do? I know nearly nothing about Social Anthropology but still am sure that I can write an essay of something similar to that subject area. And, I'd said that this topic's subject area is even more troublesome than the essay itself in my opinion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaizokuni)
    "Japanese comic books contribute a common theme of violence. Does this theme passed on to Thai teenagers who read them?"

However, I decided to just write the first draft and talk with my advisor first about which subject area it should be. Seem like I can write it to be either Psychology or Social Anthropology essay. (Quite a stupid choice, but what else can I do? I know nearly nothing about Social Anthropology but still am sure that I can write an essay of something similar to that subject area. And, I'd said that this topic's subject area is even more troublesome than the essay itself in my opinion)
    The topic is interesting but I'm not sure I like your question. The first part is an assumption and that can be alright but the theme being "passed on to Thai teenagers" seems a bit too general. Passed on how? Do you mean the teenagers who read them behave more violently? Is it reflected in the crime rate? I think you should discuss your title along with the subject area fist before you do any draft. The title very important for the EE.

ReputationRep:
    @kaizokuni: agree with paradiddle. I would suggest something like: An investigation of common themes in Jap comics and their effects on teenagers who read them. Or OWTTE. That means you will have to write about common themes first them explore the effects, and don't assume anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaizokuni)

don't forget that your EE has to be within one of your subject areas. i have already been doing research for a similar topic for my language oral and really can't find much. most of what i find is pro-anime/manga :\ good luck!

ReputationRep:
    hey this is my first post and im doing my ee on business
    so i proposed some topics but my advisor keeps telling me that there needs to be a problem related to your question etc...
    and im currently out of ideas- anyone suggest any questions relating to a problem? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by massdebater)
    hey this is my first post and im doing my ee on business
    so i proposed some topics but my advisor keeps telling me that there needs to be a problem related to your question etc...
    and im currently out of ideas- anyone suggest any questions relating to a problem? :confused:
    It would help if you have some ideas on what to do it on? Any company you can have access to easily? What were your rejected questions?

My teacher said that simple, specific and very focused questions such as "should company x get a new photocopy machine" can be very good. With stuff like "should company x change the pricing strategy for product y in order to increase sales" (rough example) you can potentially talk about and research a bunch of stuff.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paradiddle_man)
    It would help if you have some ideas on what to do it on? Any company you can have access to easily? What were your rejected questions?

My teacher said that simple, specific and very focused questions such as "should company x get a new photocopy machine" can be very good. With stuff like "should company x change the pricing strategy for product y in order to increase sales" (rough example) you can potentially talk about and research a bunch of stuff.

Good luck.
    something bout ethics and marketing strategy. to what extent ethics plays a role in the marketing strategy.
    too broad perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by massdebater)
    something bout ethics and marketing strategy. to what extent ethics plays a role in the marketing strategy.
    too broad perhaps?
    Way too broad I think. Usually you get a company to focus at. What kind of marketing strategy? What kind of product? What kind of ethics? Dining ethics? Your question has to be very specific. It might get pretty long but a good specific question is more likely to get a good grade. And with ethics, it may be hard to get quantitative data out of it. You should aim to have a good mix of quantitative and qualitative data. Ask for a guideline from your school if they have one. At least a copy of the marking criteria. Look at sample questions as well online. They really help to generate ideas.

ReputationRep:
    Mine EE was in Psychology - Is moral reasoning of men and women moulded by gender stereotypes of masculine autonomy and feminine interdependence?

got B on this..

ReputationRep:
    soap huh? when i think of the topic SOAP, the first thing that comes in my mind is bacteria lol. well you could test how efficient different (antibacterial) soaps are in killing bacteria? thats just an idea :rolleyes: you'd probably have to go to a lab and you mite not be allowed to carry out the experiment urself but that depends...you'd get sum good data from the petri dish method i think. now go catch those bacteria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva)
    soap huh? when i think of the topic SOAP, the first thing that comes in my mind is bacteria lol. well you could test how efficient different (antibacterial) soaps are in killing bacteria? thats just an idea :rolleyes: you'd probably have to go to a lab and you mite not be allowed to carry out the experiment urself but that depends...you'd get sum good data from the petri dish method i think. now go catch those bacteria
    thanx eva for replying. But isn't that related to bio. I was thinking about something which had more chemistry in it (i hope u know where i'm getting at) e.g. the factors, variables ... something 'concrete'. anyways thanks for helping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waleed1990)
    thanx eva for replying. But isn't that related to bio. I was thinking about something which had more chemistry in it (i hope u know where i'm getting at) e.g. the factors, variables ... something 'concrete'. anyways thanks for helping

oops sry my mind was focused on SOAP :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Well if anyone is interested, I'm hopefully starting mine this summer (and hopefully finishing it). It is in Arabic A1, and is a comparison in the mourning poetry between two female poets who have both lost their brtoher. One is actually from the 600s and the other is from the late 1900s. That should be quite interesting (I guess )!!

ReputationRep:
    well my EE is in euthanasia (merciful killing) !! any ideas any1 plzzzz ???? :confused: , ya and the subject is english B the cultural section i guess, i mean not the literature

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.