Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    mine is in biology, all to do with the copper in pig livers! sounds really weird, and i'm having a little trouble finding any previous information on the content in organic vs. inorganic.

never mind....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanbrain)
    mine is in biology, all to do with the copper in pig livers! sounds really weird, and i'm having a little trouble finding any previous information on the content in organic vs. inorganic.

never mind....
    are u gonna go to the slaughterhouse? im being serious

ReputationRep:
    are u gonna go to the slaughterhouse? im being serious
    erm, i don't think so... i was just going to buy the livers and cut them up

why, do you have an interest in slaughterhouses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanbrain)
    erm, i don't think so... i was just going to buy the livers and cut them up

why, do you have an interest in slaughterhouses?
    :laugh: maybe :hubba:
    what are the variables, pigs breed, age? okey maybe im having a different approach to the investigation here lol.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, slightly different approach to me. i'm thinking about differences between organic and inorganic farming, and copper levels. but i want to know any prior investigations for it, and i can't find them :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe it! I have finally started on my EE in English A2. Finally! Although, I have just started writing the introduction I feel confident Though I have concerns. Isn't is really difficult getting an A if you don't have like a really really good topic? Mine is only literary and not very...how to express it...BAM-ish:p: It's not striking if you know what I mean...

Do you have to have a really original and special topic to get an A or is it possible with something like (this is not my topic): "How Achebe uses proverbs in his novel X and X to etc..."

ReputationRep:
    hey! im doing my extended essay in portuguese b but i never took it as a class i know it well enough tho. mine is about Candomble this afro-brazilian mixed tribal-catholicism religion from the northeast of brazil, as portrayed in the novel Capitaes da Areia (Captains of the Sand) by Jorge Amado.; course all this in portuguese; im at about 2500 words so its working out. in the beginning i was freaked out because the only person in my school that speaks portuguese is an ec3 (kindergarden) teacher haha! funny! and she is from portugal and very 'meh' abt brazilian portuguese. anyway i hope it all works out given that the topic is pretty original.
    good luck to every1!! one q: has anyone done is doing or know someone who is doing an EE in portuguese b?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paradiddle_man)
    Way too broad I think. Usually you get a company to focus at. What kind of marketing strategy? What kind of product? What kind of ethics? Dining ethics? Your question has to be very specific. It might get pretty long but a good specific question is more likely to get a good grade. And with ethics, it may be hard to get quantitative data out of it. You should aim to have a good mix of quantitative and qualitative data. Ask for a guideline from your school if they have one. At least a copy of the marking criteria. Look at sample questions as well online. They really help to generate ideas.
    so i talked to my dad after and he talked to me about this hotel project he had in Burma a few years back. and after its completion it didnt turn out to be a success because it didnt meet its expectations. The hotel did not meet these expectations because the government did not provide proper infrastructure as promised. so with this case study i could possibly focos on the external environment of a business or the PEST analysis.

any suggestions? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsSvensson)
    I cannot believe it! I have finally started on my EE in English A2. Finally! Although, I have just started writing the introduction I feel confident Though I have concerns. Isn't is really difficult getting an A if you don't have like a really really good topic? Mine is only literary and not very...how to express it...BAM-ish:p: It's not striking if you know what I mean...

Do you have to have a really original and special topic to get an A or is it possible with something like (this is not my topic): "How Achebe uses proverbs in his novel X and X to etc..."
    My EE in English A1 was on one of the most unoriginal themes ever; it focussed on dehumanisation in the two most obvious dystopian novels (1984 and Brave New World).. and I got an A! So yes, I think that if you have something rather un- 'BAM-ish' (love the expression you used!), but take an interesting, well-researched approach, you can still do very well!
    ps. i really enjoyed Things Fall Apart by Achebe
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    IB May 2007 Session

EE Title: A Statistical Investigation on the Effect of Background Music on Short-term Memory Capacity of College Students

Subject: Mathematics

Language: English

Final grade: B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waleed1990)
    thanx eva for replying. But isn't that related to bio. I was thinking about something which had more chemistry in it (i hope u know where i'm getting at) e.g. the factors, variables ... something 'concrete'. anyways thanks for helping
    maybe something related to how soap works with hard and soft water?... dont know just a random idea :P

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even started IB yet (starting in September...) but I'm one of those people who take forever (!!) to make even the smallest decisions.... and so I'm starting to look for titles now...

I'm interested in psychology and religion (the effect of, rather than actual beliefs) and so am hoping to incorporate both into my EE

I'm very interested in the Middle East and Islam atm, and so so far I have thought of the following topics...

1) effect of media in installing religion (Islam into certain middle east countries)
    2) effect of media in encouraging certain behaviour in the name of religion ( Israel/Palestine conflict - adverts promoting hatred for Israel and racism towards Jews as a result of Israels activities)
    3) religion incorporated within society (period of Taliban rule etc.)

4) Political correctness regarding religion (the way people feel they absolutely cannot question religions) (reaction of Muslim community from Muhammed cartoons, why certain behaviour was tolerated)

jeez - reading back on them it sounds very agressive towards Islam!! well, this is just to confirm lol I do not have something against Islam, it's just been in the press a lot recently and has had a large number of topics related to it which interest me...

so, erm, I'm just asking if someone could help me in picking out a good topic from those few subjects... I want to do something quite specific so that I can really concentrate on the subject, and that's why I like the idea of analysing the effect of certain media in the middle east... however, I know absolutely nothing about media studies, so I don't know how much of a bad idea this would be?

(oh yeh, btw I'm doing HL Psychology, Philosophy, German, SL Maths, English, Biology)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    better than my school's English HL class where they were made to analyze poems line by line..
    Well in my self-taught class we (ie. me) had to do a poetry anthology. It consisted in writing roughly 10 pages of literary analysis per poem (each poem was so short it was basically a single stanza!). It was scandinavian modernist poetry, very strange! One of the poems is an allegorical portrayal of materialistic society in the 60's by means of the personification of a piece of soap (who also serves as the narrator )
    It gets worse....

ReputationRep:
    Mine was in History

TO WHAT EXTENT WAS JAPAN’S INCREASING AGGRESSION TOWARDS CHINA IN THE 1930'S, AS A RESULT OF THE GREAT DEPRESSION, JUSTIFIED?

Got an A on it Not bad, considering I procrastinated for ages before beginning. First draft was to be done by October, I handed my first draft in to my supervisor in January :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmifer)
    maybe something related to how soap works with hard and soft water?... dont know just a random idea :P
    that is not such a bad idea i really appreciate your help thanx

ReputationRep:
    im doing it in english ("To what extent does tabloidese feature in broadsheet newspapers in the UK) and just handed my first draft last week and my supervisor said it was a low B im aiming to raise that though

ReputationRep:
    OK, so here's the deal:

I'm playing with a million ideas, but I think I want to write about the number zero. I don't know what my question would be yet, but I want to get into the history of the number, how it changed philosophy, and how it affected some basic math (eg: algebra, geometry, and maybe get into a little calc?). Some one already told me that I can't tackle all of that, but they all sort of bleed into each other (philosophers were often mathematicians), so I'd like to explore all of them if I can.

Does this seem feasible?

ReputationRep:
    Now I see what you mean. That may be possible, I'm not an expert in Math since I never even revised the criteria (a thing you should do and you may find some answers there). But "the zero" as a topic is a very popular one. It seems like in every generation in my school, there's been someone who wants to do his EE about the zero. Few have though, because it's a very broad topic. And narrowing it down always seems to be the issue. That being said, I'm pretty sure "the zero" is a topic that the examiners know very well because it probably has been done many times before. So, it might be hard to impress them. "Hard" not impossible, so work on the topic and narrow it down as much as possible!

ReputationRep:
    My EE Topic is about English; I got a "B".

It's basically a character analysis of Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in The Rye. I loved that book, but the sheer thought of writing lots is a big turnoff. Also, my previous plan on compare and contrasting The Railway Children with Demian is a failed plan. So The Catcher in The Rye is a sort of a "last-ditch" attempt.

Must say...I did quite a good job there (thank my English teacher who laid down the basics).

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, i posted a while back saying that i had no idea of my topic. Thought that i would tell you all now that i have one. Its a history paper analyzing which revolution (French or Russian) stayed closer to its ideals by the end of their respected revolutions.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.