Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    English A2 HL

I am doing EE in english about [I]advertising and its influence in the society, does anyone else has a simmilar topic, I would like to discuss it with you guys..
    Thanks..

ReputationRep:
    Environmental Systems.
    Humans and the Sixth Mass Extinction.
    Woo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGangBoy)
    Maths.

The Relation between Maths & Music.
    Does the music exist in Maths or Maths in music?
    (some kind of stuff like that)
    sounds really intressting !

ReputationRep:
    I just finished mine- it was on design applications of sliver solar cells in urban environments- most interesting piece of assessment I've ever done

ReputationRep:
    I am writing mine about the black death and its effect on the Catholic Church's role in medieval society. However, I've seen a couple other people on this site write on the exact same topic, so do you suppose that this is too common/broad of a topic? If so, I have really only gotten most of my research on the black death, and not much on the Catholic Church yet, so what else could I write about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pszczoleczka)
    sounds really intressting(sp) !
    Sounds really BS, sounds really... IB.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my first draft a month ago. Mine's on Geography (physical) -- basically I went to a large park near my house and I tested infiltration rates in different areas of the park (seeing how fast water goes through the soil). My extended essay is looking at why it would be faster or slower, and if fits generalisations in hydrology or not.

ReputationRep:
    Hi...i'm new to this student room...but not new 2 IB...! I'm IB year 2...n really struggling to survive here :eek: . I don't have a good EE topic yet..n was really really hoping if anyone could help me get 1...!! I wanna do something in Bio..i had a topic but i realized it was 2 cliche n wud definitely get a C..so i dropped it..n now m stuck biiiig tym :confused: :confused: :confused: !! pls help...wud really appreciate it!!
    thnks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolest_arti29)
    Hi...i'm new to this student room...but not new 2 IB...! I'm IB year 2...n really struggling to survive here :eek: . I don't have a good EE topic yet..n was really really hoping if anyone could help me get 1...!! I wanna do something in Bio..i had a topic but i realized it was 2 cliche n wud definitely get a C..so i dropped it..n now m stuck biiiig tym :confused: :confused: :confused: !! pls help...wud really appreciate it!!
    thnks
    would help if we knew what subject you want to do and what kind of topic you have in mind. we can't pull a topic out of thin air for you, you know...

ReputationRep:
    coolest_arti29: Gaaah! Blue font! *covers eyes* How about something more patriotic like red and white for the Indonesian Independence Day?

Anyway, with a little search you should be able to find out a list of Bio EE topics you can do. There are some interesting ones out there. Pick a few and think it through or modify it. How is Bio "too cliche"? What other choice of subject do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    would help if we knew what subject you want to do and what kind of topic you have in mind. we can't pull a topic out of thin air for you, you know...
    i did specify my subject...'Bio'...but da kind of topic...sry 4got 2 mention..!! anything will do as long as it has nuthin 2 do wid germination...dnt have dat much tym n patience..!! i want a diff topic...!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paradiddle_man)
    coolest_arti29: Gaaah! Blue font! *covers eyes* How about something more patriotic like red and white for the Indonesian Independence Day?

Anyway, with a little search you should be able to find out a list of Bio EE topics you can do. There are some interesting ones out there. Pick a few and think it through or modify it. How is Bio "too cliche"? What other choice of subject do you have?

hey...sry 4 da blue font..hehe...just a trick 2 ATTRACT attention!!! i did do a lottt of research...but didnt get nething i lyked!! n i only wanna fo bio...coz i cn do well in it...n its my fav!!! 'too cliche'...everybody just seems 2 b doin on germination n bacterai n all...wanna try sumthin diff!!!

Now i hope da font colour is k..:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaysian dentist)
    i did my EE in chemistry and i got a C! :P

my topic is "HOW CAN DIFFERENT TIME OF SOAKING, VOLUME AND pH OF CARBONATED DRINKS AFFECT THE RATE OF TOOTH CORROSION AND WHICH CARBONATED DRINK CONTRIBUTES THE MOST TO TOOTH DECAY?"
    My frank guess would be that this is by far too simple an experiment to write a decent scientific paper on (remember that EE is an essay in scietific journaling) and thus could not realistically (no offense) merit above average (=C).
    I got a B and that was either because I violated the word limit, or because as I stated above my topic was too plain, boring and unoriginal that it could not merit an A: A kinetic study on the rate of degradation of ascorbic acid in commercial orange juice.
    Now I did do some original stuff like propose a mechanism for the reaction as well as measuring the activation energy and half-life of the ascorbic acid molecule based on some dubious calculations I performed over a period of a month and a half. And while the work I put into it was outrageous (something about 500 hours the least) it should not get an A, because A is for the exception, the brilliant, the wow-ish, the OMG-THIS-IS-ORIGINAL!.

ReputationRep:
    HI..I was wondering if any of you can suggest me which title would be a good one out of these two.. I cant decide!

"The effects of advertising in the society" or
    "Advertising - Selling succesfuly, harming the society"

P.S I decided to do my EE in advertising since I am thinking to study Public Relations, and I think EE made me fall in love with it..

ReputationRep:
    justfine -- Has your supervisor confirmed that type of EE? To me it doesn't sound related to any IB subject, and the topics are a little broad.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine on philosophy.

"Can Aristotle's ethical theories be used to morally justify the act of euthanasia?"

Or something like that. I don't have an official title yet, haha.

Does anyone else here know about Aristotle or how I could possibly structure my essay?

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    I m planning to do my extended essay on Child labour and Human Rights.
    My question would be: Why does child labour, which is the violation of Human Rights, still exists in fireworks industry of sivakasi after it is being protected by the law of the country?

Sivakasi is a place in Tamil Nadu where there is extensive child labour in fireworks and match industry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naquash)
    Hey all,
    I m planning to do my extended essay on Child labour and Human Rights.
    My question would be: Why does child labour, which is the violation of Human Rights, still exists in fireworks industry of sivakasi after it is being protected by the law of the country?

Sivakasi is a place in Tamil Nadu where there is extensive child labour in fireworks and match industry
    Specific stuff like that tend to be graded highly and it sounds very noble of you to do research that as well. Go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paradiddle_man)
    Specific stuff like that tend to be graded highly and it sounds very noble of you to do research that as well. Go for it
    Agreed. I'm quite jealous he has a manageable specific topic.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started IB yet, (will be in Septemer) but I am one of those people who take absolutel;y forever ot make the smalles of decisions... so I figured I'd start thinking about possible topics now...

Well, I've been thinking for pretty much the whole Summer, and I still don't have a clue...(!!)

I want to do something mainly focused on RS/World Religions but perhaps from either a historical point of view or psychological...

I'm quite interested in the Middle East, and how religion has playes such a major role in both everyday lfie and politics etc. so something to do with that might be a possibility...

For me, it owuld be very interesting to do something about either the Taliban, or the culture of hate in the Middle East for Isreal...

Does anyone have any ideas?
    I know this is kinda far-fetched and vague... but it's worth a shot!

(OH! I would like to do soemthing really very specific, I can't stand looking broadign at things, I like to take a tiny bit and take it apart...)

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.