Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey...
    I am IB yr 2...n i hav posted on tsr b4...altho i did so 4 bio...!! but this tym m doin so coz as i cudnt get a gud topic in bio...i may change to hindi...!! by any chance...wud ne1 hav any suggestions 4 a gud topic in hindi...??? pls pls help if u do!!!! :confused: :confused: thnks

ReputationRep:
    My extended essay topic was in psychology and was "Why are there more male serial killers than female serial killers?" The topic was pretty interesting and opened my eyes to the horrible things people are actally capable of. And the scary thing about it is, the women are more dangerous than the men!!

ReputationRep:
    My extended essay topic is "How did John Donne's poetry style and/or topic change from the time when he was Catholic to the Time in which he switched to the Protestant religion?" It's kind of boring, but his poetry isn't half bad.

ReputationRep:
    The subject is English B
    and my topic is Shakespeare's Romao and Juliet's transition to film as treated by baz luhrmann

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering i this was a good topic...."How the Gunpowder plot of 1605 relates to Shakespeare's Macbeth."

Good? Yes? No? Maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocelot)
    I was wondering i this was a good topic...."How the Gunpowder plot of 1605 relates to Shakespeare's Macbeth."

Good? Yes? No? Maybe?
    I'm not too sure about this. It sounds like a cool thing to investigate, but I'm not sure which subject it'd fit under. It's in English (A1?) and History equally. You might want to push it in either way... perhaps something like, "How does Shakespeare's Macbeth give testimony to the Gunpowder Plot of 1605?" or "How does Shakespeare's use of symbols/diction/other technical aspect enhance Macbeth's status of a Gunpowder Plot allegory?"

ReputationRep:
    hmm... im doing mine on maths, game theory. =)

"how do players respond to prisoner's dilemma over 30 plays?"

=D what do you all think about this? some feedback would be appreciated.

oh. and i was wondering if any of you have done your ee in maths? i would love to see some of your ee just for reference. =P thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haoxiangta)
    hmm... im doing mine on maths, game theory. =)

"how do players respond to prisoner's dilemma over 30 plays?"

=D what do you all think about this? some feedback would be appreciated.

oh. and i was wondering if any of you have done your ee in maths? i would love to see some of your ee just for reference. =P thanks
    Hi, I'm not doing an EE in math but I have seen quite a few. To be honest, I think that an EE that just looks at the prisoner's dilemma over 30 plays may be a bit too simplistic in terms of mathematical content. Based on your RQ, it sounds like you would lean towards examing strategies that might be used (i.e. tit-for-tat), and I am unsure as to how mathematical such a paper might be. If your paper does lean in this direction, I would look at the psychological aspect of game theory, perhaps incorporating theories such as the bottle imp paradox in your analysis to examine the mindset of the prisoners.

Having said all that, there might be a uber-mathematical side to game theory that I am unaware of, in which case I would ask you to please excuse my ignorance . In any case, I would be interested to know how your EE turns out.

Hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    mine is "images motherhood as portrayed by female African American authors"..... loving it cos i'm using 2 of my favorite books and i'm loving the 3rd one, which i'd never heard of before. handed in my 2nd draft this week. YAY ME

ReputationRep:
    My topic is "To what extent is Montgomery to blame for Operation Market Garden's failure in September 1944."
    I think its sexy.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is about EU enlargement from 1960 to 1970.

THats all I'm telling, I won't let you steal my ideas! MUHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    Mine is in History
    “Was the incident at My Lai [4] an accident or an attempt to erase potential future members of the VC (NFL) and NVA?”

It's a hard topic to chose, since the sources are quite limited. Not recomending it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chi190)
    mine is "images motherhood as portrayed by female African American authors"..... loving it cos i'm using 2 of my favorite books and i'm loving the 3rd one, which i'd never heard of before. handed in my 2nd draft this week. YAY ME

i dont kno if ur looking for another book to analyse but last yer i read a book called Fiela's Child by Dalene Matthee and its so good. The author is African and the book is about the fight of a mother to get back her kid, so maybe it helps

ReputationRep:
    My topic is:
    How does Superman's constant fights with Lex Luthor and other villians slowly deplete his energy and cause him to become a crappier super-hero than batman? Just kidding....

My real topic is about ancient empires. I'm going to define what an empire is and try to find a common catalyst that causes empires to fall. I'm going to use the Persian, Roman, Mongolian, Ottoman, British, German, and Greek empires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datwunguy2)
    ... I'm planning to do my EE on Design Technology. The topic would be somewhere along the lines of,

"A comparison of AMD vs Intel processors in terms of price vs performance"
    I can easily go into the cpu's voltage, (which I can expand on to temperature/power consumption) I can then describe the consumer's choice of the company product's stabilities as well as explain which one of the two is more overclockable for the computer enthusiastic. I have many locations I can go with this topic, but the problem I am having now is..

Does this topic fit into the Design Technology's section? And if it does fit, would I need to keep all my research before 1997? ...
    Can someone please tell me if there really is a "10 year resource" rule...
    I did my EE on Design Technology as well, but mine was a more mechanics/materials essay. I've never heard of this 10 year resource rule and quite a lot of my research was very recent, my question being how has the development of composite materials affected the efficiency of passenger aircraft and i researched and used the new dreamliner in my essay extensively, if you stick to the electronics aspect you should be able to keep it within the dt section.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my EE on Chemistry and my topic is about the effect of washing powders on different stains (ink, blood...) I'm gna research the components of 3 washing powders and compare each of their effects on 3 different stains. Im gna try to find out how the stains react with the washing powders.. is that good enough? any ideas or advice would be VERY helpful..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diff_lock2)
    Sounds really BS, sounds really... IB.
    haha yea i kno, i can't believe i wrote that...

ReputationRep:
    According to my facebook countdown, i've got 11 days 5hrs 5 min and 57sec (and running) to finish my extended essay.

My first SERIOUS topics for extended essay were:
    1. "The extended essay of the extended essay". (analyze different IB profiles and check out how the extended essay stresses the different type of IBs) and how some of us give a damn about it.

2. The impossibility of stopping a penalty kick without guessing (physically impossible).

3. Basically it was to create energy out of nothing. It obviously ended in those infinite circular energy motors.

I sent all of that **** away and I got a new one but i don't know which points may I discuss about the topic. My topic basically was: "How is culture shown throughout the heroes or ficcional characters" I was going to make a comparisson of Superman and Goku, making a differentiation of cultures (US,Japan). But... the ******* of my teacher said it was stupid to do the comparisson and i should make it more specific and just talk about Superman but now I actually dont know which aspects of it i could aboard.
    Can you help me with some aspects to analyze or should I ignore my teacher and do the comparisson?

ReputationRep:
    According to my facebook countdown, i've got 11 days 5hrs 5 min and 57sec (and running) to finish my extended essay.

My first SERIOUS topics for extended essay were:
    1. "The extended essay of the extended essay". (analyze different IB profiles and check out how the extended essay stresses the different type of IBs) and how some of us give a damn about it.

2. The impossibility of stopping a penalty kick without guessing (physically impossible).

3. Basically it was to create energy out of nothing. It obviously ended in those infinite circular energy motors.

I sent all of that **** away and I got a new one but i don't know which points may I discuss about the topic. My topic basically was: "How is culture shown throughout the heroes or ficcional characters" I was going to make a comparisson of Superman and Goku, making a differentiation of cultures (US,Japan). But... the ******* of my teacher said it was stupid to do the comparisson and i should make it more specific and just talk about Superman but now I actually dont know which aspects of it i could aboard.
    Can you help me with some aspects to analyze or should I ignore my teacher and do the comparisson?...

ReputationRep:
    I Hate Ee!

So Hard!
    But...i Finished!!hhahaha

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.