Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i just got my outline 4 my EE!! im not really sure what i would like to do it on, but i think it would definately be in biology. can anyone help me think of a topic?? thx in advance.

perhaps something to do with teeth? (as i wish to become a dentist, but it doesnt have to be).

ReputationRep:
    a random suggested topic for english A1:

do something to do with the harry potter series!!

i know someone who did it!! LOLz.... it was cool!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tirte___456)
    i dont kno if ur looking for another book to analyse but last yer i read a book called Fiela's Child by Dalene Matthee and its so good. The author is African and the book is about the fight of a mother to get back her kid, so maybe it helps
    thanks for the suggestion, but i'm kinda concentrating on afro=americans, and i've analysed three books which my supervisor said is ok, (she said more would exceed my word count and be too general), but i'll still check the book out, (can't resist it cos it sounds interesting and i'm kind of a literature freak!!)

ReputationRep:
    university entry 2008?

please leave uni offers if you have any or just where your applying

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post10172379

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my EE in a week. (The whole thing, right from finding a topic to writing the draft -*- )

That's what I called as real nightmare. Now, I still have a pile of work to finish in a day because stupid EE took up half of my October Break. - -"

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine in chemistry!! But I'm having problems with my topic. I really want to do levels of aspartame in sugar-free chewing gum but I don't think it's anywhere possible in my high school science lab. Blah! Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladtheAppauler)
    I'm doing mine in chemistry!! But I'm having problems with my topic. I really want to do levels of aspartame in sugar-free chewing gum but I don't think it's anywhere possible in my high school science lab. Blah! Any ideas?

omg...
    crazy people..

actually sciences r very difficult to get a A

though i did Enviromental system..hahha

good lucK !

ReputationRep:
    my EE was a mixture of both Chemistry and Enviromental

cuz i did both of them !

and Chem HL...so hard!

we havent finished our options!!!!!
    but the exam is a in a week!!!
    omg。!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!
    MY EE is from Geography.
    "Push and pull factors affecting migrations of teenagers (13-19 years old) from and to a small town, on an example of Nowy Tomyśl."

ReputationRep:
    You could just edit the last post instead of posting another post. - -"

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to work out my topic still. I know it's going to be something in history having to do with the changes in the Kikuyu tribe after the British coloniztion of Kenya, but I can't figure out what my research question should be. Our IB coordinator is on maternity leave and the dealine's approaching. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sosbutt72)
    I'm trying to work out my topic still. I know it's going to be something in history having to do with the changes in the Kikuyu tribe after the British coloniztion of Kenya, but I can't figure out what my research question should be. Our IB coordinator is on maternity leave and the dealine's approaching. Any suggestions?
    . . . How about your advisor? Or even history teachers? ^_^"

ReputationRep:
    My topic is:

Mathematical bases of Ancient Egyptian pyramides.

Subject - MAthematics

i'm going to study architecture so yeah, i like my topic and im looking forward to write the EE down

So far i have 500 words...

ReputationRep:
    My topic is:
    How does current influence power loss in transformers?

Subject - Physics HL

I'm going to study electrical engineering, and maybe nuclear, so I think that it is helpful to choose topic from that area (electricity and magnetism)...
    I finished first draft. My second draft is in November.

@senea
    Your topic is really interesting. I read that everything in Egyptian pyramids were built on some mathematical rules and that Mayas, Inks, Aztecs and Egyptians were great in math.

ReputationRep:
    hello, im trying to think of a topic to do for my ee. originally i wanted to do it in biology (being a future medic) but apparently all the teachers are reluctant, and would be quite hard. however, i still want to relate it to medicine in some way. my co-ordiantor suggested doing it in history, about the history of medicine, but cant think of an interesting and uncommon topic. any help would be very appreciated, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    how can u take history when u didn't take history in IB if Biology, Chemistry and English higher, Maths, Latin, Psychology standard are your subjects?
    I think that you can choose your topic from Chemistry and from Psychology that are related with your aim ( something about medicine). From Chemistry you can find applications of some chemistry in medicine and to change some variable. I don't have Chemistry so I don't know too much about applications in medicine, but maybe u can choose something from Pharmacy? Perhaps: How does amount of drug ( choose some specific) changes our behavior? Instead of behavior, u can put how does it influence our organs...
    From Psychology u can choose Placebo effect. Placebo effect occurs when person believes that she/he got a drugs, but instead she/he got even a dice of sugar or something similar to drugs, which can't make any effect on the person. Then person can be healed, b/c he/she thinks that he/she got drugs, and in they think that it has to help them and then it really helps them. It is rough explanation of placebo effect.
    I don't have more ideas and I didn't copy that from someone, so don't be afraid of academic honesty.
    I hope that I helped u.

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing something about history of medicine . . . wouldn't you survive better by doing it but with chemistry?? I mean, you CAN do History EE even if you didn't take IB History, but it is going to be . . . hard! Examiners won't say "OK, this student is not taking History, so we should take it a bit more easy on him." If you want to do History EE, get A LOT of extra help from people who is taking it or your advisor. You will need it. - -"

ReputationRep:
    Mine's for history (HL) about who was really responsible for the Holocaust. It's really interesting, cuz I like history, and there's loads of things that aren't often mentioned when people blame Hitler for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitesnake)
    I think that you can choose your topic from Chemistry and from Psychology that are related with your aim ( something about medicine).

You can do the ee in a subject, even if you dont do it, as long as the ib does it generally. i did history last year, and we covered the history of medicine, so i would have the basics. i quite liked history last year, and obviousely am interested in medicine, so would be willing to put in the extra work, but i have no idea where to start!

Our school is in the first year of ib, so it would be hard anyway, and they are really restricting what we're allowed to choose. basically they r saying unless u r a genius and really eager, not to do it in chemistry or biology. maths, latin and english ee's dont really appeal to me, and apparently i cant do psych as both our psych teachers have too many people doing psych ee's anyway. so i really have to do something that im not studying.

thanks for your input. It's so hard trying to decide what to do! I could push and try and do it in science, but I'm thinking if the teachers are that reluctant, it's not a very good idea?! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It would be too hard for someone to take EE from history and not much useful. History is not important for a medicine. The subjects that are really important are biology and chemistry and as I saw you chose them. EE from those subjects will help u more then EE from history. If I were u, I'll insist to take it from chemistry or biology. There is a big possibility that teachers are reluctant b/c they don't want to have some extra job ( helping u about EE) and they won't get extra money for that.
    P.S. U welcome.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.