Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i apologize for the irrelevancy of this question to the topic, but i can't seem to find any threads regarding this topic that have been visited within the past few days...
    um...i'm working on my Math HL porfolio, Zeros of Cubic Functions, and i'm having a terrible time trying to find the proof and how exactly to apply the conjecture to functions with one real and two complex roots. if anyone could help asap, please email or pm or contact me somehow (i haven't quite figured out this site yet...). thanks! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i'm a first year IB student and would like all of you out there in cyber world to comment one my proposed EE topic.

The title would be somewhere on the lines of:

Analysis of petrol quality in Chennai, india through chemical evaluation of density and sulfur levels.

- Sulfur levels because if fuel is adultrated then the recorded sulfur level from the refinery will be lower than what it really is in the petrol sample

What do you guys think

ReputationRep:
    I did economics. Just a quick tip if its not been said. Find a subject, then a topic then read up on it/ researcj before you have a title. Also dont be afraid to change your title/focus mid-way through if you think the essay leads you that way. Also DO NOT TAKE ON THE BIG SUBJECTS IN THE WORLD e.g. the economic state of your local chippy is better than the economic state of China!

ReputationRep:
    does anoyone have a good idea what to write about in English A2 HL for my EE? :/ just a breif example..

ReputationRep:
    Mine is on why white minority rule in Southern Rhodesia couldn't be sustained?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

It is a really tough decision to decide which topic to choose :confused: ... I want to do write my extended essay about biology... I need a topic! Does anyone have any idea? I need some help...

Thx in advance

ReputationRep:
    hey im rlly intrested in genetics and such, and wondering is there much you can do in that area of EE without doing something with flies or anything?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysl89)
    Does doing your EXtended Essay in arts fields allow you to get higher scores? What about biology and the sciences? Why is it that many students choose to do their EE in English or some other arts subject?
    because english and humanities usually get much higher marks than the sciences and usually require less work(experimental wise)
    but if you like the sciences do it, its worth it i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pszczoleczka)
    does anoyone have a good idea what to write about in English A2 HL for my EE? :/ just a breif example..
    I'm doing my EE on English A2 HL and I chose to do my essay on the media option instead of literature. I don't know what you would like more but if you do media as an option you could do something on "Reality Television". I've done a major essay on "should the plug be pulled on Reality Tv" as a coursework and my EE topic is about ads.
    "To What Extent Did the American Print Advertising Reflect the American Reality During the Post-War Era? (1945-1960)"

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    i have to choose the topic of my EE very soon... I want to write English B or Geography.
    the topic is the most difficult case though...

As far as English goes... I'm thinkin about the topic connected with Media or just Television coz I'm really interested in this issue.
    But I have no idea what I can write about TV.
    I was thinkin about BBC as the public tv of the UK but I don't know...

Can u help me? What do u think would be an interesting topic, not too wide? I'm considerin every aspect like advertising in TV, televiewers, rankings, press as well etc...
    Plz can u help me?

ReputationRep:
    as ive said, reality television could be very interesting... i had a lot of fun doing mine, or you could evaluate the fairness of television news reporting.. you could watch "outfoxed" as a source and can find numerous other sources easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aluakz)
    chemistry. something like "investigation of the impact of various sodium chloride and calcium chloride concentrations on the acidity of sandy, silty and clay soils". very specific. 3968 (can't imagine writing on anything broader than that)
    Hey what did you get on your EE btw?

ReputationRep:
    little bit of help pls for anyone who's feeling generous...
    down here in good ole' NZ, i have to have some sort of decently posed questions by ahhh...tomoro.
    No, I'm not a slacker, just a very busy IB girl!!!
    sooo...basically I'm looking at NZ's stance on the 'nuclear issue' and possibly the rainbow warrior attack (this may mean nothing to any of you lot...)
    BUT i don't know how to form a decent question with that. apparently
    'how did NZ's stance on the nuclear issue influence international affairs regarding nuclear weaponary and power?' is too wishy washy according to IBC
    because you cant measure or record opinions to show an influence to an extent...thats what she said anyway
    what about....
    how did NZ's stance on the nuclear issue influence international trade and relations?
    slightly boring though...
    i dunno, just posting ideas i guess.
    feedback much appreciated down here in NZ! i dnt really hv many ppl to ask since IB's so small here.

ReputationRep:
    I did chemistry. My first idea didn't work in the lab. So I ended up comparing brands of bleach for effectiveness at cleaning toilets. Not good. Hated every second.

ReputationRep:
    lol my extended essay title was SILLY !!
    it went something like

Investigate how different resonant frequencies can be used to shatter glass

something along the lines...ugh
    id rather forget !!

ReputationRep:
    Having finished the EE (dont know grade yet tho) I wish to present my guidelines in reaching a title:

1. Find the subject you are most interested in/can imagine working with a lot (for me it was obvious: English)
    2. i. If literary: think of books you really enjoy (this took me a loooong time and I changed my mind so many times, but keep thinking and browsing your literary memory)
    ii. If scientific: find a topic you enjoy and that is possible to do labs on
    3. i. Read them, take notes and find a common factor
    ii. investigate further

As someone wrote above: do not try to find the BIG issues in the world, but rather something small, subtle yet striking (notice the alliteration:p: ) It doesn't have to be grande or clichée.

Good Luck y'all with your essays!

ReputationRep:
    I want to my EE on Aortic Dissection...
    but I don't know what area/topic should I write about,
    does anyone have any ideas?
    THX

ReputationRep:
    I am just about to finish my first half term but I already know what my EE will be about...
    Chemistry: "Which substance will be used as fuel in the future?"
    theres a lot to write about, and its an interesting topic.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't that be too broad? Wouldn't you want to narrow it down to like, for example, two different substances and compare which of the two would be better? Otherwise you might not be able to keep yourself within the world limit as you could write a book the size of a 26-part dictionary on that.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, that's a very good point! hydrogen for cars and that other stuff for airplanes, on which one scientist made a lecture the day before yesterday

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.