Turn on thread page Beta

IB Students: What are your extended essay topics? watch

ReputationRep:
    I did mine in history "An analysis of Mao's motivations in launching the 'three and five Antis' campagin in 1949-1952"

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, so i need help with making my EE topic more specific...i wanted to do it on history and i was thinking something along the lines of "how did british colonisation affect malaysia?"

i'm really having a hard time to make it more specific, i have no idea how to..i came up with "to what extent did malaysia lose its identity through British colonisation?" but someone on another forum said that wouldnt be classified as a history EE? i need advice please, would be greatly appreciated

my classes are HL: math, bio, chem SL: english, history, german B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanel_is_love23)
    hey guys, so i need help with making my EE topic more specific...i wanted to do it on history and i was thinking something along the lines of "how did british colonisation affect malaysia?"

i'm really having a hard time to make it more specific, i have no idea how to..i came up with "to what extent did malaysia lose its identity through British colonisation?" but someone on another forum said that wouldnt be classified as a history EE? i need advice please, would be greatly appreciated

my classes are HL: math, bio, chem SL: english, history, german B
    Try breaking it down into themes: economic, political, religious/social/cultural, domestic/foreign relations......etc.

ReputationRep:
    So my T.O.K. teacher was guiding me along with my EE topic and I got this: something like effect of change from polytheism/paganism to montheism on women in society.

Wasn't that a TOK topic a while back? Anyone remember. I hope not b/c I'm already registered.

ReputationRep:
    I need some help about biology extended essay, please give me some ideas...

Thanks everybody in advance...

ReputationRep:
    I did mine / are doing mine in chemistry, an investigation of the chemiluminescence of luminol solutions. Luminol glows blue when mixed correctly with some other stuff and then exposed to a catalyst, for instance blood (Or rather the metal present in blood). Therefore forensic investigators use it to find blood at crime scenes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *irem*)
    I'm doing my EE on English A2 HL and I chose to do my essay on the media option instead of literature. I don't know what you would like more but if you do media as an option you could do something on "Reality Television". I've done a major essay on "should the plug be pulled on Reality Tv" as a coursework and my EE topic is about ads.
    "To What Extent Did the American Print Advertising Reflect the American Reality During the Post-War Era? (1945-1960)"
    thanks for the reply
    well, i was thinking on doing mine in litterature, a comparative analysis or something.but then i wont be needing many sources, right? and thats not good, is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pszczoleczka)
    thanks for the reply
    well, i was thinking on doing mine in litterature, a comparative analysis or something.but then i wont be needing many sources, right? and thats not good, is it?
    You can include secondary sources in a comparative analysis. It depends on what topic you choose and how much that has been written about your works. With few secondary sources, it will consist of your own analysis which is good.

ReputationRep:
    hey guyz!
    my extended essay required 3 months of labwork and is about Clonning a humman gene into expression system but i hears reccently that if the topic is too sophisticated for the level of IB, u can get a lower IB grade.
    what do u guys think abt it?

ReputationRep:
    :tsr2: I chose the topic within music which I regret it a lot.
    Not because of the subject itself, but the topic I chose was too difficult.
    It was about the Influence of jazz on xxxxxxxxxx traditioanl music

But since I am done, i am happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Music HL
    Geography HL
    English HL
    Korean SL
    Biology SL
    Mathematics SL

predicted grades : about 36-37 ??? /42 + aaa

applying for geography
    LSE , Bristol waiting :confused:
    UCL, Royal Holloway, KCL = conditional ~~~

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me..
    how to make a good English B Extended Essay...
    like the format, etc

thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    ooo everyones doing great~

i think math EE's are the hardest, because most topics would include a variation of a new theorum or sumthing~

and for xxdreamerxx, i how about something on poems? since your doinga Eng B, that should be ok i guess? (any opinions?)

and plus im doing physics EE~ i got a few ideas today, for my final 5 topics that im gonna choose to write on:

• Performance of a firework rocket
    • Water-driven rocket
    • Natural radioactivity of potassium salt
    • how much thermal radiation can a drop of water hold?
    • Electrostatic dust collector (i think im gonna write my physics EE on this)

Can anyone give me any opinions on my choices of topics for a Physics EE?

ReputationRep:
    i did mine on english AI at higher level:

HOW DOES IAN MCEWAN UTILIZE TENSION AS A STYLISTIC DEVICE IN THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS OF ATONEMENT & ENDURING LOVE?

actually just finished my final draft to be handed in once school reopens. not too many revisions, advisor pretty much loves it

ReputationRep:
    Jeez...mine was meant to be in last term, but the insane computer system wasn't working. So I'm doing English A1, and (without an exact title, I'm afraid) it'll be a comparison of On a Drop of Dew by Marvell and The Flower by George Herbert.

Yum. Metaphysical goodness. Although, I've been torn towards GM Hopkins as well, so it was a really, really hard choice.

ReputationRep:
    Business and Management:

How does experiential marketing at The Ritz-Carlton lead to guest engagement?

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I want to do mine in Maths, but I can't think of anything... I wanted to look at Tautochrone and Brachistochrone curves and do something with them, but I'm stuck as to what I could do with them... HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Urgh, I want to do mine in Maths, but I can't think of anything... I wanted to look at Tautochrone and Brachistochrone curves and do something with them, but I'm stuck as to what I could do with them... HELP
    you really seem to like math
    math EE's are however, the hardest to get an A.

ReputationRep:
    i was doing mine on rubik's cube.... but my topicz fallen apart T.T

ReputationRep:
    Joii, was that topic group theory or something? How were you approaching it?

ReputationRep:
    im so confused abt my topic now... it was supposed to b algorithms and stuff... but it just makes no sense anymore o.O

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.