Turn on thread page Beta

IB Students: What are your extended essay topics? watch

ReputationRep:
    i completely changed mine so now my ee is
    "To what extent is HSBC's corporate responsibillity policy a marketing strategy or genuine concern for its stakeholders in Ho Chi Minh City?"

ReputationRep:
    I wrote my EE in English A2 (which for some reason goes under the same assessments as English B?) and my title was "The use of flower symbolism in Margaret Atwood's novel The Handmaid's Tale."

I really enjoyed writing that one and was satisfied with the result, so I really hope that I will get an A

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm doing mine on bioterrorism but I don't know how to narrow it down more than that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara_fm)
    So, I don't know what to do. I spoke with a friend who has read alot of those books and I asked about the role of men except she said it was all very similar.

Help? Please?
    Yeah, I would definitely not recommend a feminist reading of those texts, as the markers are seeking originality. What are you interested in? If you were seeking to complete it in English A1, then surely you have some tangents of interest?
    I'm doing mine in the area of magical realism, a genre exemplified by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Salman Rushdie and Ben Okri; it's pretty awesome.

Mine's,
    "Examining Supernatural and Folkloric Thematics in a Post-Colonial Literary Paradigm; Salman Rushdie's 'Shame'

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara_fm)
    By the way, it's English A2
    Sorry !

Yeah I'm stressing about Wednesday too, that's when our first draft is due (I don't there there is a smiley adequate enough to represent how incredibly irritating / stressful this is lol).
    Hmm, if you want to do something in the realm of a comparative study of dystopian novels, I'd recommend you narrow it down again, because it's far harder having to do analysis' of topics that encapsulate a LOT.

But that's something you know about at least, it's better than selecting a topic that you're unfamiliar with and being inundated with papers and research, not to mention having to read new novels.
    Are you a May or November candidate?

ReputationRep:
    I just started TOK, and our extended essay is gonna be due at the end of this semester. I'm thinking of topics now, but i have no idea what is acceptable and what isn't. I was thinking of doing something to address the upside of global warming and the measures we should take to prepare for it rather than trying to prevent the inevitable.

Is that topic okay? I would have to do research (it would fall under economics I think), but some of these other topics seem sooooooo much more in depth and whatnot.

Anyway, any feedback would be so so so appreciated. Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    I am doing an EE on Economics and my topic is "Does Hong Kong’s continuous balance of payments surplus on current account present problems for the territory? What effective measures could the government undertake to control the surplus?"

ReputationRep:
    Just handed in my final draft yesterday!!!! Mine was in psychology (yuck) and my topic was "to what extent does mass media affect anorexia nervosa". I am glad it is done especially after I had to write a second topic my first one was in anthro and was "the new women: to what extent is she an ideal role model for today's youth"

ReputationRep:
    >I m thinkin of doing it with geo
    >has anyone done EE in geography?

ReputationRep:
    I think I wanna do Politics.

but I'm not sure.. has anyone done politics for their Ext. Essay here? and if you have what kind of question did you do? because I'm kind of lost..

ReputationRep:
    i wanted to hand in my final final final today, but the ib coordinator was out!
    so it has to wait till monday. sooo happy to have it done but the vision of historical investigation is awful!

good luck everybody

ReputationRep:
    hi, i'm only in first year of the ib course and i have to hand in the idea for my extended essay by next week sometime. I have a few ideas what to do but am trying to decide between english and business studies.
    These are my two best subjects and i enjoy them both. I would be interested to know from those who have already done their essays, which subject they would advise me to do it on. I've heard that business essays are comparitively difficult to attain top marks in?
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

ReputationRep:
    i am suppose to turn in my topic in about 3 days. im totally freaking out. i wanna do it in biology and it has to be something that can be experimented. can someone please help? i really need something soo! it has to be something that i can experiment on. please help!

ReputationRep:
    lol im doing my extended essay im physics, on stability of bikes :P

ReputationRep:
    Mine's already been handed in, but my subject was:
    “Ich Bin Ein Texaner”: Preserving German Identity in Texas between 1848-1860

My teachers recommended I stray from usual History subjects: Stalin, Hitler, WWII in general, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hey...splenda I saw your topic about "billingualism"...i'd like to know more about that...i need to think of a topic and I have an advisor who'd be able to help me on that...i'd really apreciate if you'd email me [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevinleung820)
    i'm doing econ EE and still deciding on a topic...maybe i'll do one on competition between cities or something else... one of my classmates doing ipods.
    are you kevin from yc?
    argggghhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flash 4)
    >I m thinkin of doing it with geo
    >has anyone done EE in geography?
    I've done an EE in geo and i have to say that i enjoyed it immensely! If you like geo and you dont mind having to run around gathering primary data then go ahead. So does anyone here think that you should't use "I" too much in the essay because it sounds unprofessional? I've asked several teachers about it and they all have different opinions on it.

ReputationRep:
    In the context of an EE I think it's a good that personal pronouns are used. The EE is a research investigation which has a strong personal attachment to it and especially when you're doing an EE where you've gone out and done xperiments or talked to people it just makes sense to use personal pronouns.

Anyway, I did an EE in geography. Loved it. It was biogeography mainly, which is something I'm never actually going to end up studying, but I tested variations of soil infiltration rates around my local park using a cylindrical object. Was really fun.

ReputationRep:
    I did my EE in physics; it was about electromagnetic resonance. My experiments didn't really work for the first month or so, and I spent almost an entire day winding a coil (almost 3000 turns) which, frustratingly, didn't work. Eventually the pieces started to fit together, and everything worked beautifully. Overall, I'm very pleased with the way it turned out, and can't wait to do similar things in university.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.