Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    In the context of an EE I think it's a good that personal pronouns are used. The EE is a research investigation which has a strong personal attachment to it and especially when you're doing an EE where you've gone out and done xperiments or talked to people it just makes sense to use personal pronouns.

Anyway, I did an EE in geography. Loved it. It was biogeography mainly, which is something I'm never actually going to end up studying, but I tested variations of soil infiltration rates around my local park using a cylindrical object. Was really fun.
    cool! have u finished IB already or are u still doing it? I took out most of the "I"s already and just used something else. i'll trust my supervisor with this one. and i did soil infiltration rates for my IA back in yr 11. that was kind of fun~

ReputationRep:
    Mine was a comparative study in A2 English. I saw how the ideas of female upbringing in Mary Wollstonecraft's A Vindication for the Rights of Woman was reflected in Mary Shelley's Mathilda. It was so fascinating, especially since they're related but have not shared a substantial relationship. I was really surprised about how much I found in Mathilda there were loads!

My supervisor says I'll most probably get an A on it (yay!).

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first year of IB and Ive got to turn in my Topic Proposal TOMORROW and Ive still not come up with anything. I know I wanna do it on Politics and I was thinking for a topic maybe I could do it on 'a comparative study of the political views in the UK & Oman' I don't think it's a very good one.. please give me some feedback if you can and maybe help me out a little bit.. maybe suggesting some topics. I'd be reeaallll greatful! thanks =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psyc)
    cool! have u finished IB already or are u still doing it? I took out most of the "I"s already and just used something else. i'll trust my supervisor with this one. and i did soil infiltration rates for my IA back in yr 11. that was kind of fun~
    Still doing IB at the moment, so my EE could be worth anything from an A to a C or possibly even a D :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Still doing IB at the moment, so my EE could be worth anything from an A to a C or possibly even a D :p:
    haha good luck to you then! its so subjective tho. i had a friend who was predicted an A by her supervisor... but when the results came back she got a C. scary stuff this EE and tok. So which tok topic did u do then?

ReputationRep:
    Did number 10, "Context is all"... apparently it's worth a B and I trust my teacher because he is notorious for being too tough on the grading

Which one are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Mine was in Norwegian A1: "Psychoanalytical influence on 'The Road to the World's End' by Sigurd Hoel."

Hoel is my teacher's favourite author and she said she absolutely loved my EE and predicted it top score, but I dunno... It might be too much psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was in History

"How did Stalin gain power over Trotsky in the period following Lenin's death"

to be honest, i hated it. hated doing it ...totally boring. no idea what my grade will be haha prolly not great considering i didnt enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    I did English A2 (B): sumthin like "A comparison of the relationship between humans and daemons in Philip Pullman's Northern Lights and the relationship between Riders and dragons in Eragon by Christopher Paolini"

Luved it, almost every second of it (after having come up with the question that is. before, oh the horror). pretty happy with it, but you never know if IB screws you over...

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking into the change of Japanese literary techniques throughout the Taisho era by creating an analytical comparison of 5 books written between 1906-1921 (Taisho era was 1907-1920). I have the books and everything but I have no idea how to form this into a title... It is for English, btw.

ReputationRep:
    Techniques used by Bartók to communicate specific emotions in Concerto for Orchestra. Under music, as could be guessed.

ReputationRep:
    guys... i'm thinking of doing my EE on something economics/politics-related... any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

wondering does anyone know any good biology extended essay topics???

I am interested in athletics, the body, sports medicine...but what would be a good topic for biology???

any ideas please post

ReputationRep:
    Ok so my official topic has come down to this: The effect of the Semitic invasions of ancient Sumeria on the perception of the divine female in religious thought, and the rise of male deity cults.

1315 words so far. 12 hours till it's due.

ReputationRep:
    my EE just went to Uzbekistan today (checking not holidays)

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking of doing my EE on world religions , and something that has to do with the role of women in islam .. Im not really sure ot that topic though..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I wrote HIstory EE

Comparison of the attitiude of the citisens living nearby the KZL to the prisoners that managed to run away from the Camp on the base of German KZL Dachau and Polish one Lublin-Majdanek.

I loive it and im proud of it

ReputationRep:
    Well I have finally delivered my EE to IB coordinator,
    My topic was: Will the growth of plants be effected by tobacco extract?

I dont know I did lots of mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking of doing mine about the way formula one racing has evolved, and the design of the cars have changed to become more streamlined, and about aerodynamics and new tyres etc and maybe about how the rules are making the technology always have to adapt. Does any of this sound like a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    History EE:

To What Extent Did Louis XVI Cause The Outbreak of Revolution in 1789?

I must have spent about 6 months on that, constantly redrafting. I did actually kind of like writing it funnily enough, it was the formatting and particular requirments for referencing that was the soul-destroying part.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.