Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    check out this link:

pkafkarkou.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/itgs-extended-essay.ppt

(unless you've already seen it)

ReputationRep:
    My current research question is "To what extent was Boris Yeltsin instrumental in the collapse of the Soviet Union?" Such an "I.B.-esque" question eh?

ReputationRep:
    Our classes started EE's in March. But I'm still thinking of what topic to write about. o__0
    Just wondering, does global warming fit into the "Environmental systems" subject? I've been thinking of writing about global warming... and its effects and stuff.. still need to narrow it down though.

ReputationRep:
    I need to decided my topic for the EE within about 2 or so weeks, but I have almost no idea what I want to do it on...

It will be in psychology, and I was thinking maybe linguistics? Have absolutely no idea what part, though...

I'm taking German (but B, so it really isn't very good) and was thinking it would be nice to do something on a German psychologist? I really don't know though... just thought it would be an idea...

ReputationRep:
    ' Helluu everyone ^^.

Can anyone give me feedback on my title , which Is ;
    The status of women in the holy scripture of Islam` ( Its on World religion by the way) . Im not sure whther this is the topic to go with .. but anyway ..

ReputationRep:
    I'm still deciding on what to do my ee on atm, so I'm really not much use on feedback, considering I haven't even done one myself, but our teacher keeps making sure we fully understand that we really shouldn't write about anything which has even the possibility of offending a possible marker/reader or w/e... because there's quite a bit of contreversy (sp?) at the moment concerning womens rights etc. within Islam, it may be a bit of a difficult topic to write about, without having to censor yourself as some point...I don't know, it's maybe just something I'd be careful about - you don't know who it's going to be sent to...

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to think that my topic's too broad. Doing it in English and was thinking about comparing the different views of Apocalypse in Revelations (the Bible), 1984 and The Waste Land (T.S. Eliot). Can anybody give some feedback?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afua12)
    I'm still deciding on what to do my ee on atm, so I'm really not much use on feedback, considering I haven't even done one myself, but our teacher keeps making sure we fully understand that we really shouldn't write about anything which has even the possibility of offending a possible marker/reader or w/e... because there's quite a bit of contreversy (sp?) at the moment concerning womens rights etc. within Islam, it may be a bit of a difficult topic to write about, without having to censor yourself as some point...I don't know, it's maybe just something I'd be careful about - you don't know who it's going to be sent to...
    Yeah .. I true, I dont know who Is going to get the paper, therefore Im going to be very careful not to offend anyone, and my teacher also made it clear to me to be as objective as possible.. Im not introducing my views, but just presenting whats there .. - hm , hope that makes sense ... And seriously, I dont feel its a hard topic to write about .. its quite asy for me actually .. ; )

ReputationRep:
    i found a dinorsaur okat

ReputationRep:
    econs ee:

Private Transportation Tax in Singapore
    Comparative case study with Hong Kong's private transportation management

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my name is Chris and I'm having problems choosing my chemistry EE title. I had a title before which was "Does living near an industrialized area increase the amount of heavy metal ions in the water?" Turns out that the water had no heavy metal ions in it so now I'm trying to think of a new idea but all I'm doing is pulling blanks. I thought of maybe breaking down a soft drink into its ingredients and testing each of these ingredients on the compound that makes up enamel or maybe an experiment to see how brown melanin turns into black melanin with age but I don't know where I coud get melanin from (no, I'm not going to cut out chunks of my skin XD).

ReputationRep:
    heya i need to give in my extended essay subject in 2 days... thing is.. i dont have one yet!!! im the only one in the class.. im doing it on biology but i seriously have no ideas at all.. can anyone help? even just a little please
    thank you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    do something with ecology Such topics are liked by the examiners recently

ReputationRep:
    hmm ya interesting thanx a lot ill do some research..
    but still open to ideas!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wondering what they should do: avoid science at all costs.
    A science extended essay cannot be all theoretical and must have some form of experiment in it. One guy investigated bleach for chemistry and had to do over 50 titrations. I did a physics EE where I ended up having to calculate errors (and plot error bars) for 687 sets of results.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sarcastic pratchett fan)
    Anyone wondering what they should do: avoid science at all costs.
    A science extended essay cannot be all theoretical and must have some form of experiment in it. One guy investigated bleach for chemistry and had to do over 50 titrations. I did a physics EE where I ended up having to calculate errors (and plot error bars) for 687 sets of results.
    lol i had about 900

ReputationRep:
    Were your errors a straight percentage/avsolute error? Because all mine were different. If yours were the same, I sympathise.

ReputationRep:
    'Examining Supernatural and Folkloric Thematics in Post-Colonial Literary Paradigms: Asserting Pre-Colonial Paradigms in Salman Rushdie’s ‘Shame’ and Ben Okri’s ‘The Famished Road’'

How pretentious of me.

ReputationRep:
    Um.... hi, been reading this forum for a while now as am struggling to find an idea for my extended essay... but this is my first post so here it goes...
    I'm in my first year of IB and want to do my extended essay in history, but the teacher didn't like any of my ideas:confused:
    so now, i have got...
    - Arab-Israeli war (6 day war)
    - Falklands war
    - End of Cold War

Struggling so bad to find a question though, so wondered if anyone could help?:p: Also if you think my ideas suck, please put forward another (I like modern history) Thanks....

ReputationRep:
    I really need some help!

I'v finally decided to do it in psychology, and something about language aquisition, preferebly second.

I have absolutely no idea what to do it on within that though! We've done nothing about language in our course, and I'm also worried it's going to go to far away from psychology, and into linguistics??

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.