Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxe)
    Thank you! I love the idea of secret societies. The mystery of it all. Hope the IB won't find it too speculative.

Since it's in the history area I can't mention anything after 1991. Definitely no Dan Brown, though the Magdalenian dispute is far too vague/unproven to mention either way.
    I actually considered writing my EE about the Da Vinci Code or Angels and Demons, but in English. I decided against it in the end cause it would be very much history in it. I also love conspiracies, secret societies etc Seems to me as long as you have valid facts and so on, the IB shouldn't mind. However, I don't know anything about history EEs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine in Chemistry and my question is - 'How effective will hydrogen be as a fuel in cars?'
    I'm hoping this would be helpful to get me in to university as I would like to do a degree in renewable energy. However, I haven't started and I only have a month left to write it, I'm really not sure where to begin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringe)
    I'm doing mine in Chemistry and my question is - 'How effective will hydrogen be as a fuel in cars?'
    I'm hoping this would be helpful to get me in to university as I would like to do a degree in renewable energy. However, I haven't started and I only have a month left to write it, I'm really not sure where to begin
    Thats a nice topic, I was thinking something similar but about batteries in cars instead. Thinking of doing chemical engineering. Have the same problem though, where to start!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I did my EE on history: "To what extend was the USA involved in the Indonesian Coup of 1965?" It was really interesting reading books that reveal USA's involvement in the coup and I got an A for that... so I totally recommended on people that are doing their EE on history at this moment

ReputationRep:
    EE on Korean is an easy A

ReputationRep:
    English - Othello
    How does Idealism turn to Sceptism and Doubt.
    Don't even go there... I've got to do it by the end of August, it's killing me!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Vanished and suddenly popped up again

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my EE in maths. I am going to investigate why quintics are not solvable by radicals. That is why there exsist no radical formula for quintics. I am going to deal with polynomials in the classical sense, that is when the coeficients are elements of Q and the solutions are elements of C.

It's really interesting how this theory relates abstract math to solve classical problems. The theory of the proof, you can find here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abel-Ruffini I will also use large parts of my essay to build up the theory neccesary to make all of the assumptions. This means I have to prove a lot of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Hey.
    well im starting Ib this semester and yeah ive thought about topics for the ee but one of the main ones is kinda like is there a god? (Not to be rude or anythin to your relgion) i mean arent man to evil for a god? have we driven him out? something along the lines of that - question is i dont want to offend people or the markers would i get marked down??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxx)
    Hey.
    well im starting Ib this semester and yeah ive thought about topics for the ee but one of the main ones is kinda like is there a god? (Not to be rude or anythin to your relgion) i mean arent man to evil for a god? have we driven him out? something along the lines of that - question is i dont want to offend people or the markers would i get marked down??
    You are not allowed to pick that question. It's specified in the regulations. If you want to something religious, how about studying the letters of Paulus? If you are more into philosophy, how about keeping yourself away from religion?

ReputationRep:
    I definitely need help. I know I want to do my EE in English, and my teacher kinda guided me towards some books he thought I might like, and I've pretty much decided I want to write something dealing with Ondaatje's novel Anil's Ghost. BUT I have no idea what kind of topic I can pull from that.

I'm really hoping someone here might've read it, and can give me some ideas. I was also considering taking two or more of Ondaatje's books, finding something common between them and talking about that. That'll be hard though, seeing as how I havn't read any other of his books Of course i guess I could do some sort of comparison between this book and ANY book... Or perhaps some sort of analysis between a common thread in his poetry and one of his books.

Too many possibilities! Help, anyone??!

ReputationRep:
    Mine is history: Did the cracking of Enigma cut the Second World War short by two years?
    It's really good fun, surprisingly, although I should really be writing it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camlon)
    You are not allowed to pick that question. It's specified in the regulations. If you want to something religious, how about studying the letters of Paulus? If you are more into philosophy, how about keeping yourself away from religion?
    Okay well thanks for that.

i think i will go along the lines of greek gods or troy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverlining)
    I definitely need help. I know I want to do my EE in English, and my teacher kinda guided me towards some books he thought I might like, and I've pretty much decided I want to write something dealing with Ondaatje's novel Anil's Ghost. BUT I have no idea what kind of topic I can pull from that.

I'm really hoping someone here might've read it, and can give me some ideas. I was also considering taking two or more of Ondaatje's books, finding something common between them and talking about that. That'll be hard though, seeing as how I havn't read any other of his books Of course i guess I could do some sort of comparison between this book and ANY book... Or perhaps some sort of analysis between a common thread in his poetry and one of his books.

Too many possibilities! Help, anyone??!
    If you want to avoid too much reading... find a book that has been adapted to the screen, and then do some kind of comparison between the two "presentations" of the story. You could, for example, as I did for my EE, evaluate how close the director came to imparting the viewer in the same experience as that given by the book. In my experience, it is surprisingly straight forward to write about such things. I'm not sure if Ondaatje's books have been made into any movies, but it is worth finding out!

ReputationRep:
    Mine is in history Rome's impact on the fall of the egyptian empire

ReputationRep:
    Mine is history:
    What factors contributed to the failure of the Hungarian Uprising of 1956

1st draft due a month later
    Still analysing sources... I dun think I have any primary sources. Getting government documents is out of question, can't read Hungarian, Russian and theres no way telling the CIA to declassify documents up. The National Archive is a source but I live in HK and ordering them didn't occur to me.
    Only relying on secondary sources so I still need a few more books for reference, to show changing historical perspectives.

I have about 6-8 books as a reference. I suppose u still need a few more right?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing history essay about the purges of russia in the 1930s.
    I highly recommend everyone to do history essay because as long as you are willing to read, there is really no trouble for you to kill the space.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys....well my subject is psychology.......but im stuck and dont have any clue on a topic...

any ideas would be greatly appreciated....please and thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayMarie208)
    hi guys....well my subject is psychology.......but im stuck and dont have any clue on a topic...

any ideas would be greatly appreciated....please and thanks!!!
    hmm, psychology... What about investigating in what ways lack of inspiration can impact a person's mind! I know it from myself, and it can be very frustrating! It seems that you're in the same situation, so why not write about it while the "inspiration" is there?

ReputationRep:
    haha ok ....well thank u...i think u have inspired me...

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.