Turn on thread page Beta

IB Students: What are your extended essay topics? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    heyloo (:
    our school got us to think about our EE's couple of weeks ago. so i'm doing mine in history, despite the fact that i don't even take the subject (oh well).

haven't gotten a focus q yet, but i'm think along the lines of eugenics in america/germany/australia.
    or maybe blood diamonds. though, that kind of thing was pretty recent wasn't it? IB wants you talking about something that was more than 10 years ago right?

mmm ideas would be nice please (:.

ReputationRep:
    im starting IB in a few dayss..
    was thinking about my EE...
    for ITGS..
    but havent really got a question yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [m a a r i.])
    im starting IB in a few dayss..
    was thinking about my EE...
    for ITGS..
    but havent really got a question yet
    I'd suggest you wait for a bit first to see which of the subjects you are most enjoying, and then look for a topic. I thought I'd done enough research into my subejcts to know which I would enjoy, but after a while I realised they were quite different to how I anticipated them to be. I'm now doing my EE in a subject I thought I wouldn't particularly like.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my extended essay in english, specifically on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I've done it on a comparison between the film by Baz Luhrman and the play, and am wondering if this is allowed in the IBO rules?
    I'm quite certain that is allowed. I know someone who did something identical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenin55)
    I'm quite certain that is allowed. I know someone who did something identical
    I did it...

ReputationRep:
    soo...im doing my EE in Psychology because i adore the subject (and my teacher/mentor) however every idea i have seems to get shot down by her because she deems it too "hifalutin"! I, on the other hand, am having trouble figuring out a question. i know what subject areas i would like to study but seem to hit a wall in formulating a question...
    At the moment i was looking into something along the lines of Psychology of Survival in Victims of Natural Disasters and tie in events such as 9-11 and hurricane Katrina due to my being from NYC, and other world disasters such as the tsunamis and earthquakes of asia...
    does anyone know how i can tie that subject/topic into a question!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USA_IB71491)
    soo...im doing my EE in Psychology because i adore the subject (and my teacher/mentor) however every idea i have seems to get shot down by her because she deems it too "hifalutin"! I, on the other hand, am having trouble figuring out a question. i know what subject areas i would like to study but seem to hit a wall in formulating a question...
    At the moment i was looking into something along the lines of Psychology of Survival in Victims of Natural Disasters and tie in events such as 9-11 and hurricane Katrina due to my being from NYC, and other world disasters such as the tsunamis and earthquakes of asia...
    does anyone know how i can tie that subject/topic into a question!?!?!?
    I'd say it's not that important to actually form the question before you've written it. Obviously you need to know what you're writing about, but just try to figure out a rough one. I changed my question after having handed in the final draft - it had the same meaning, but formulated it in a better way.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johannski)
    I'd say it's not that important to actually form the question before you've written it. Obviously you need to know what you're writing about, but just try to figure out a rough one. I changed my question after having handed in the final draft - it had the same meaning, but formulated it in a better way.

Good luck!
    haha well im not sure where your from but my school is located in Brooklyn NY and my teachers are all psychotic about doing everything to the Nth degree so, unfortunately, i need a question although i COMPLETELY agree with you!

ReputationRep:
    I THINK IVE DONE IT! HUZZAH!

What are the Parental Motivations for MSbP in relation to histories of abuse, mental illness, marital tensions and postpartum depression?

so what do you all think???

ReputationRep:
    I did my EE on Business and Management, The effectiveness of Intrinsic Motivational Tools within the Public Sector Business, XY.

ReputationRep:
    We had to specify which subject our EE was going to be in today, but I wasn't entirely sure so I just put biology. I was thinking of something to do with transhumanism, biotechnology and maybe Nietzsche. The only title i could think of was: "Humanity, Technology & Transcendentalism: Bioethics & Philosophy of the Future". That seems a bit vague though and I thought they might want a more focussed question. Suggestions are welcome! I was also thinking of "Narcissistic Personality Disorder & Nietzsche". I'm really not sure what to do...I want to do something hyperintellectual that's incredibly pretentious and impressive lol.

ReputationRep:
    hey....i am new to this site and this is my first post!
    i am doing my EE in bio and my topic is: The advantages and disadvantages of pro-vitamin A golden rice on human health. My essay is an analytical essay as the experiments required for this topic ae not feasible in the lab I can access. Is my quesiton ok??? I am in IB yr 2...and we just gave in our first draft of the essay. What do u guys think of the topic? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bballqueen742)
    i am doing my EE in bio and my topic is: The advantages and disadvantages of pro-vitamin A golden rice on human health. My essay is an analytical essay as the experiments required for this topic ae not feasible in the lab I can access. Is my quesiton ok??? I am in IB yr 2...and we just gave in our first draft of the essay. What do u guys think of the topic? :confused:
    sounds interesting although the term "human health" seems a bit broad as there are many aspects on health. try to define it a bit more and cut it down to a couple of health indicators - that's my view on it anyway

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think this is an ok/good HI topic to what extent can the cuban missile crisis truly be called an american victory? what are your thoughts i think its a bit "iffy"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bballqueen742)
    i think you need to do something on which you can generate data, cause i'm doing my EE in bio too and my supervisor told me it had to be something on which you can experiment and get data or the highest i'll get is a C......

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing something about Shakespeare, and who really wrote his plays. I think I'm going to end up saying he did, but I guess I'll analyze the similarities and differences between his writing and the writing of other playwrights of his time. Has anyone studied this, or learned anything about it? Is this idea totally off? Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheaterMouse)
    I'm doing something about Shakespeare, and who really wrote his plays. I think I'm going to end up saying he did, but I guess I'll analyze the similarities and differences between his writing and the writing of other playwrights of his time. Has anyone studied this, or learned anything about it? Is this idea totally off? Help!
    It seems that you have embarked on something that should be reserved for Phd's. Anyway, I know that some believe that a passage in Macbeth with the leader of all the witches, Hecate (something like that), is written by another contemporary writer. When I think about, this is something that is mention in most versions of Macbeth accompanied by study guides...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iNeedA7InBio)
    i think you need to do something on which you can generate data, cause i'm doing my EE in bio too and my supervisor told me it had to be something on which you can experiment and get data or the highest i'll get is a C......
    well i have data for my essay from this research center in India doing work with golden rice since i cant perform the experiments on my own. Is that okay??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owly-woes)
    It seems that you have embarked on something that should be reserved for Phd's. Anyway, I know that some believe that a passage in Macbeth with the leader of all the witches, Hecate (something like that), is written by another contemporary writer. When I think about, this is something that is mention in most versions of Macbeth accompanied by study guides...
    I know, this is a really broad topic...do you have any ideas on how I can shorten it? Should I just pick Shakespeare and another playwright and compare their styles/works?

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of comparing Shakespeare and Marlowe, and how they took inspiration from each other--how Marlowe began as the leading playwright but then the young upstart Shakespeare took the more prominant spot.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.