Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bballqueen742)
    well i have data for my essay from this research center in India doing work with golden rice since i cant perform the experiments on my own. Is that okay??
    It's permitted but it's so difficult to score high! A girl in my class took data from sources rather than making her own experiments and ended up with a pretty low grade (don't know what exactly but she was far from happy).

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bballqueen742)
    well i have data for my essay from this research center in India doing work with golden rice since i cant perform the experiments on my own. Is that okay??
    not really..you definitely need your own data to get a good grade i.e A and B and possibly even a C at the very best....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arisk01)
    I did mine in Physics, aerodynamics and got 34/36 yay!
    Currently stalking UCAS track........... ;P
    What was your research question?

ReputationRep:
    My topic is quite difficult to find info on, but I'm getting there! :woo:

"What aspects about the Third Crusade make it a significant time in History, especially in how it has shaped relations in modern day society?"

ReputationRep:
    So, I started out with a psych topic but after 1000 words I decided it was too subjective and difficult. I've decided to switch to a history paper despite my general disliking of the subject, and I'm stressed out! I do not find pleasure in reading/learning about very many modern topics in history....but I love stuff like 15th-17th century Europe.

Does IB look down upon history topics dating back that far? I just want to do something more obscure and that I'm more interested in, but I feel as if hardly anyone does it....topic advice is much appreciated. I can't think of many specifics and I'm crunched for time! I hate politics/economics if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Heya!
    Has anyone ever tried writing an Extended Essay in Dance? Does anyone even take Dance? I really need help with this cause my school doesn't offer Dance at all, and I;m just doing an EE on it because I'm an actual dancer. However, I don't really know what the point of the course is to write my essay. Help please?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    My EE is on construction of the Indo-Guyanese identity.

Most students in my class are doing EE in History, but mine is Social Anthropology.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, i'm doing my EE in math, and i almost lost my hope, i don't know about what to write, i need something specific, i was thinking about game theory, but i didn't get anything concrete... i'm really late, cus it's my last year and i still don't have a topic, because of chenging them!
    Please, HELP ME!
    I'm really interested in geometry, but any advices will be saving me!
    Thanks before hand!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of doing my EE on history or then maybe on economics. I have a few ideas for history, but I am not sure on what should I focus during that time period. I've thought about for example the Spanish Civil War, Mussolini and Italy during the 1950s onwards, Communism in Europe during the 1950s onwards and maybe something on Latin America or Southern American in the 20th century.. any ideas?

For those doing their EE on economics, could you guys tell me your topics?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in IB 2 and I have to hand in my draft for my EE in two weeks. I do not have a topic.
    All I know is that I will be doing it in Biology, if I do not hand it in in two weeks I will fail to obtain my IB diploma. Please could someone help me for an idea for a topic, or even a topic. Thank you. Oh and also the topic cannot require obtaining primary data (raw data) as I do not have time for that.

ReputationRep:
    my subject is Maths and my theme is the golden ratio in the human body, something like the viturbio man, and see how these ratios are present in men, woman, kids, etc.

what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    \\

I just posted this question elsewhere.

Now this post has no value and i'm unsure how to delete it >.>

Sorry but im not spamming on purpose !

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!
    Is anyone doing an EE on ITGS??

My essay question was "What are the socio-economical impacts of digital convergence" but that got knocked down because the issues I assumed would arise did not actually occur in reality lol

I'm really rushed for time now and was wondering if I could do something on social networking sites like facebook

e.g. "How have social networking technology influenced the way in which people interact within a society?"

That way I can also talk about other social networking systems like chatting or mobile phones etc...
    Is that too cliche or broad? Would I have to focus on a specific system? What do you think? Please give feedback.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    well i think you should definately stick to your topic but narrowing it down would be crucial. mayber you could do something like, "how has facebook/myspace/etc. changed the way people in my neighborhood/peer group/school/etc. deal with each other.
    or maybe something like, "the comparitive advanteges of extending the realm og blogs to everyday life" or somethingof the sort.
    sorry if u dont like the topics but i think if u want to continue with that topic, you should narrow it down much more, but personally, i really like the topic...

ReputationRep:
    People doing A1 English EE's! What do you guys think of doing a comparison between two characters in two different books by the same author? Like ... how would you structure a question for that?

ReputationRep:
    Diurnal Magnetic Variation in the Terrestrial Magnetosphere.

ReputationRep:
    HEY! I'm currently in IB 1 and I'd like tO dO my ee in biOlOgy.. I wOuld lOve tO study the effect On the number Of hOurs Of sleep On the pulse Or sOmething... And I'll ask sOme kids at the primary schOol and sOme peOple in the high schOol hOw many hOurs they slept and what their pulse is... dOes this sOund gOOd?
    thanx fOr the replies

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing it in italian...?
    i need help...! i have 20 days until the final deadline and i havent started it yet...!
    arrrgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksunshinex3)
    HEY! I'm currently in IB 1 and I'd like tO dO my ee in biOlOgy.. I wOuld lOve tO study the effect On the number Of hOurs Of sleep On the pulse Or sOmething... And I'll ask sOme kids at the primary schOol and sOme peOple in the high schOol hOw many hOurs they slept and what their pulse is... dOes this sOund gOOd?
    thanx fOr the replies
    too many other factors are present imo. pulse is affected by so many things.

ReputationRep:
    Does the extended essay HAVE to be about something that you're actually enrolled in? I want to do it on Music but I gave up my Group 6 for another Group 4... and my school does offer IB Music, so would that be possible?

If not, I'll just probably do it on biology.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.