Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrannitar)
    Does the extended essay HAVE to be about something that you're actually enrolled in? I want to do it on Music but I gave up my Group 6 for another Group 4... and my school does offer IB Music, so would that be possible?

If not, I'll just probably do it on biology.
    it's def possible, although it may be difficult as you don't study the subject. on the other hand the teacher can help you. it's doable though.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to do my EE on Gentrification possibly. Would that be history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk9230)
    I would like to do my EE on Gentrification possibly. Would that be history?
    Nope. thats Geography, as part of the Settlements section of the subject. Since then you need to narrow your investigation down to a research question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jc_bach)
    Nope. thats Geography, as part of the Settlements section of the subject. Since then you need to narrow your investigation down to a research question.
    Oh ok. My School does not offer Geography, so Guess that is out.

ReputationRep:
    How important is the choice of adviser? I'm just starting to plan my ee so I want to do this right.

ReputationRep:
    When will the EE be actually submitted to the IBO if you are doing your exams in May 2009?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smerfo)
    When will the EE be actually submitted to the IBO if you are doing your exams in May 2009?
    Your EE will sent from your sch to IBO in March 2009. However thats the deadline for your school. the deadline for you will earlier than that (it depends on your school).

ReputationRep:
    Your EE will sent from your sch to IBO in March 2009. However thats the deadline for your school. the deadline for you will earlier than that (it depends on your school).
    November here. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyfaery)
    November here. :shifty:
    we also had final version deadline in early november (5th). I think it was great cause you get it off your hands! Imagine being stuck with ToK essay, EE along with orals (if not yet finished) etc. We at least had lang B orals after christmas and both a1 and a2 orals before. It's good having an early deadline. At least if you're almost finished with it of course :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mine was in English A1 HL: Comparing how two Zimbabwean poets' selected works reflect on the changing social conditions of post-Independence Zimbabwe.

I could really relate to their message so it was fun to do.

ReputationRep:
    is any one doin in DESIGN TECHNOLOGY >???

ReputationRep:
    Currently have three options in mind; still on my first year of the IB and don't have to finalize topic until January/February 2009.

Three options are:

The role of the protagonist in Existentialist literature from the works of Albert Camus, Jean Paul Sartre and Fyodor Dostoevsky

(Would it be possible to submit that under HL English A1? - they don't teach philosophy at my school)

or

Human Sexuality in the works of Haruki Murakami

(HL English A1)

or

An Experimental Comparison Between Price/Earnings Ratio and Price/Sales Ratio as Stock Measurements

(Economics or B&M? I take HL Eco but not B&M. Would that be a problem?)

The first two topics, especially the second one (I'm half Japanese), are more personal in nature. That's a good thing for an EE right?

The third one I'm thinking of because I seem to get the impression that the IB tends to prefer and score higher EEs that require experimentation, following scientific method etc. Not that I wouldn't enjoy doing it though; just less personal than the first two.

My question: Which EE topic has the most potential to score? Also any help with the refining the titles would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone. i'm seriously confused on what to do for my ee. i'm interested in doing english a2 or economics.

anyways, which one would be easier to do for english a2? literature, or media option??

thx guys!

ReputationRep:
    Maths - discovering dimensions by investigating fractals, fractal geometry, chaos & non-linear dynamic systems and the opposite of fractals, the Klein Bottle.

final draft due in 4 days, i have some basic points

ReputationRep:
    Heya people! I've just been pondering my extended essay. Our overly enthusiastic teacher wants us to give in a question/hypothesis really soon *rolls eyes*

I know which subjects I would like to do (one of the three sciences), and I have a basic idea of a few topics, but i'm having trouble narrowing them down to a useable title.

I've been thinking along these lines:
    Paleontology, Dreams (not in a psychological sense, though), the behaviour of fire or rollercoaster mechanics

Are these ideas really utter crap? Any help or other topic ideas will be greatly appreciated. Bear in mind though that the school I go to has probably the worst facilities ever to grace this earth, so no super electro-radioactive wind turbines or anything =(

I may be able to use the universities facilities though (not definite)

Thanks in advance =]

EDIT: Oh! I would also be really interested in forensic science, but I couldn't think of a topic =)

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing the sciences, then you definitely wont do Dreams as your topic (obviously it is psychology). You must use a scentific based research that you can investigate within the time contraints of the 2 years in IB and that it is conducted with safety (so it is not advised to investigate fire-v-). It is better that your investigate is based on what you learned in the science course and that you frequently use science terminology

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing the sciences, then you definitely wont do Dreams as your topic (obviously it is psychology). You must use a scentific based research that you can investigate within the time contraints of the 2 years in IB and that it is conducted with safety (so it is not advised to investigate fire-v-). It is better that your investigate is based on what you learned in the science course and that you frequently use science terminology
    Yeah, thanks. It looks like i'll probably do rollercoaster mechanics, or I might think of something else entirely. Its just that I can't think of any questions for my title.

Does anyone know any good, but simple Biology EE ideas? I'm having trouble and its probably the subject i'm most passionate about. I've found a few ideas online, but then again I don't want to do one that has been done many times before =P

ReputationRep:
    mine discusses the various motifs and its role in character development in a Clockwork Orange (English)

ReputationRep:
    i am crying!
    i have to give my final draft in on monday
    and i havent got a title yet
    and i have flu
    so i can do nothing but cry!
    help me someone!

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy! dOn't panic it's nOt the end Of the wOrld, yOu'll surviiiive^^
    dO yOu knOW in which subject yOu want tO dO it?

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.