Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did my extended essay in Computer Science on computer simulations of city traffic. It was quite fun to do, since I had to program the simulations myself.

I'm just waiting for my IB results in January now.

ReputationRep:
    neuro-linguistic programming and its potential applications in business

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about something with Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead, on how she creates conflict and characters through philosophy... Would that be sufficient?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vexley)
    Mine was 'Explore how Haddon and Kesey convey the experience of psychological disorders in 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' and 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest'. Easy and interesting, plenty to write on, and ended up with far too much, despite not having... entirely... read one of the books. Also interesting after the recent editions of OFOTCN came out with Kesey's illustrations. Gutted I chose 2 novels with such ridiculously long titles though.
    The curiOus incident... IS SUCH A GOOD BOOK :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys!!!
    I'm a 1st yr IB student and I've decided to do my EE in English A2.
    I've chosen my topic and research question but I'm not sure its good!!!:confused: Could you help pls??!!!

My Topic: James Blunt Songs
    Research Question; How is love portrayed in James Blunt's songs?

What do you think? Is it appropriate? Thx!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdk9j)
    Hey Guys!!!
    I'm a 1st yr IB student and I've decided to do my EE in English A2.
    I've chosen my topic and research question but I'm not sure its good!!!:confused: Could you help pls??!!!

My Topic: James Blunt Songs
    Research Question; How is love portrayed in James Blunt's songs?

What do you think? Is it appropriate? Thx!!!!
    I Think that would fall under IB Music really, not English.

ReputationRep:
    Really???
    Thx anywayz... I think i'll still do it then coz therez still loadz of research to do on the topic....

Apart from that, do you see it as an appropriate topic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdk9j)
    Really???
    Thx anywayz... I think i'll still do it then coz therez still loadz of research to do on the topic....

Apart from that, do you see it as an appropriate topic?
    possibly.

ReputationRep:
    James Blunt songs don't really seem as if they would fall under the heading of "suitable for research". Seems totally asinine to me.

I did mine on the efficacy of French economic policies in protecting their film industry. Group B.

ReputationRep:
    ok so i'm currently a new IB student and we're just starting on choosing a topic. I'm in english b hl and i've decided i wanted to do my EE on literature. there's a problem here. my teacher said that in english b there are no 'literature' extended essay unless we want to compare writing pieces from different authors. could i possibly do something like 'investigating Tom Jones's complexities' or do I really have no choice but to compare works?

ReputationRep:
    An analysis on how All Quiet on the Western Front and The Things They Carried portray the theme of the horrors of war.

Easy paper. Just talked about the tone, paradoxical settings, ambiance, etc. Finished it in a day and got a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunmiAdek)
    thankss Tau Alpha for the advice
    hmm, ive just found out that its not advisable to do an EE in biology if it has anything to do woth humans or disease etc because theres no way of being able to carry out a formal practical or investigation, which kind of suckss lol, because now i have no clue what i can do!!!!!
    Haha, mine (in biology) was to do with the difference in vitamin C levels between different types of fruit (eg. organic, frozen, tinned, etc).

It was basically a massive experiment write up. I wanted to shoot myself in the face by the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    would exploring Ayn Rand's use of Objectivism in creating cha\rachters and conflict with in the fountainhead be a good topic? I was thinking about doing that for English A1....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk9230)
    would exploring Ayn Rand's use of Objectivism in creating cha\rachters and conflict with in the fountainhead be a good topic? I was thinking about doing that for English A1....
    Sounds good. It's focused which is the main thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commando)
    Sounds good. It's focused which is the main thing.
    Really! wow!
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Really! wow!
    thanks.
    If the fountainhead is indeed a book as I suspect, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commando)
    If the fountainhead is indeed a book as I suspect, yes.
    it is very much a book. Almost 700 pages!

ReputationRep:
    it is very much a book. Almost 700 pages!
    That's quite a book. In fact it makes your essay even better as you have lots of material.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the antioxidant potentials of organic and conventionally grown garlic. Chemistry but I've heard it will be hard to get an A

ReputationRep:
    That is only an assumption, you can get an A, if you stick to the criteria IBO gives and that your RQ is good for investigation.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.