The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is there anybody whos doing the extended essay on the IB subject Visual Arts?
musicaddict
Is there anybody whos doing the extended essay on the IB subject Visual Arts?

Two people at my school are.
I'm thinking of doing mine in History. I want to do something on China and Japan's history and I was considering comparing two movies, one made from China's point of view and the other from Japan on the Nanking Massacre. What do you guys think of this idea? Is it too broad or too simple?
Hello guys,

I think I've decided to do my Econ EE on Happiness Economics but does anyone have any ideas of topics...? I need to decide on one by Thursday and I'm not sure how to go about it...

Preferably, the idea would have political/philosophical strands and provide me with the opportunity of carrying out a survey with the girls in my secondary school...

Thanks very much for any suggestions!
I want to do my EE on something Chemistry related coz that what I want to do at uni, but have no idea what to do it on :sad:
I'll have a look through this thread, but does anyone have any ideas?
My chem teacher suggested something to do with coke or chewing gum but tbh neither of them sound very interesting.:puppyeyes:
Will rep anyone who suggests an area that I like the sound of :smile:
Reply 1585
Hi Guys,
Having started thinking about my EE topic, im a bit confused atm :s
I do physics, chem, maths at higher level, but i wna actuli do electronics eng/computer science at uni. So, my EE shud ideally be somehow linked to this...
So, my option is basically limited to science: Physics or Chemistry.
I was thinking doing something on Quantum Physics/Theory, and then maybe linking that into Quantum Computing? But that may be too difficult and complex to research and understand? :s-smilie:
Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply 1586
There's no restriction fo you doing ur EE on ur SL subjects, if you dun feel comfortable in doing it, y not do it on English/History? These subjects are easier for investigation and since you are familiar with the IAs in these subjects (~1500 words) it is easier for you to write a 4000 word essay on it than write it on a science/math which you are not used in writing long essays on it.
Reply 1587
jc_bach
There's no restriction fo you doing ur EE on ur SL subjects, if you dun feel comfortable in doing it, y not do it on English/History? These subjects are easier for investigation and since you are familiar with the IAs in these subjects (~1500 words) it is easier for you to write a 4000 word essay on it than write it on a science/math which you are not used in writing long essays on it.

Yeah true say, but the problem is that I'm not keen on writing a dissertation in history or english :s-smilie:. Plus, it would be only sensible to do it in science, especially in physics, to boost my application for a Comp Sci application at a good uni.
But thanks jc_bach for ur reply.

I'm still entertaining the idea of basing my EE on Quantum Cotmputers/Quantum theory of computaion :s-smilie:. But is it just trying too much??
Has anyone thought about doing theirs on a similar Quantum physics-based topic?

If I don't get to do it on Quantum Computing, a backup option is investigating the wave-particle duality of light with the double-slit experiment.
I did mine in physics--investigating how wingspans affect the flight distance of airplanes--i built paper airplanes to simulate the real world. :biggrin:

Hopefully it worked.
Reply 1589
Did mine on physics. "Determination of which color-difference formula should be used in the automotive industry."

^^
I'm a first year IBer, and I want to do mine in Physics
but I prefer the theorectical stuff like possibilities of time travel. It is possible to do something in that?
Almost all the EE in physics have been experimental, which is making me think maybe philosophy would be better suited for mine.
Reply 1591
Its official, My EE is on Ayn Rands use of Philosophy (specifically Objectivism and Altruism) to develop her novel, the fountainhead.
"Almost all the EE in physics have been experimental, which is making me think maybe philosophy would be better suited for mine."

Trust me, philosophical physics extended essays have been strongly warned against, as my supervisor told me (i initially wanted to do the Higgs Particle but had to switch to testing paper airplanes cuz she didn't want me to get a bad mark.
dallascowboys
"Almost all the EE in physics have been experimental, which is making me think maybe philosophy would be better suited for mine."

Trust me, philosophical physics extended essays have been strongly warned against, as my supervisor told me (i initially wanted to do the Higgs Particle but had to switch to testing paper airplanes cuz she didn't want me to get a bad mark.

Yeah thats making me think mine should just be on philosophy, as I'm more interesting in the less experiemental side of physics
-_- no one's replying my previous post which is now drowned in some page i forgot.
so what do you think about this,
to what extent is Guy De Maupassant's 'Clair De Lune' supports Margaret Atwood's 'Bluebeard's Egg' view on having your own belief about a particular something?

...something like that.
Reply 1595
Anyone done or thinking of doing their EE on Quantum Physics?
Hey, want to do my EE in english... maybe Oscar Wilde or PG Wodehouse. I'd really like writing about Wilde but just wondering... I don't want to pick a writer the examiners will be broed of hearing about? I kind of suck at plays too... so would be on a picture of dorain gray... is it ok to do your EE on just one book ? (Plus if anyone has any interesting themes i might be able to bring in...) :s-smilie: sorry.
Any one got any ideas for an EE in economics on the topic of mobile phones...?
Reply 1598
Re: topic question

"To what extent can the notion of Liberty in Ayn Rand's Objectivism be considered Libertarian?"

Wasn't very fun, but at least I'm done.
My topic is "How does the personality of a well behaved woman affect history?"
Anyone know of any topics I can include in the essay?

I'm also new in this student room :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending