Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    :rofl:

Are you trying to say chemistry is not interesting :haughty:
    No idea how you got that impression... :tongue:

I won't be replying for a while now - I'm taking a break from TSR to knuckle down with my IB revision etc. 10 weeks til my exams are over!!

Best of luck with your EE and IB generally, I'm sure you'll find plenty of other useful people around here if you get stuck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
    No idea how you got that impression... :tongue:

I won't be replying for a while now - I'm taking a break from TSR to knuckle down with my IB revision etc. 10 weeks til my exams are over!!

Best of luck with your EE and IB generally, I'm sure you'll find plenty of other useful people around here if you get stuck!!
    Aww, well good luck with your exams! Let me know how it all goes at the end :yep:

ReputationRep:
    hey im new to posting in these forums and im in my first year IB

im thinking about doing my extended essay on physics " what is the extent to which the size and shape of dimples have on the trajectory of golf balls"

what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Here is a question:

do you think it is possible to do a successful Economics EE on game theory, if one focuses on an area where a lot of economic theory can be applied as to why people make the choices that they do?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm writing a EE from physics and I need a topic, my deadline is next week.
    I need some advice. I'm thinking of writing about extensions of springs. For example: why strings extend more or less? Is it for their density or something similar. Will be that good?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    Here is a question:

do you think it is possible to do a successful Economics EE on game theory, if one focuses on an area where a lot of economic theory can be applied as to why people make the choices that they do?

Thanks
    But careful that the topic may be to wiffly waffly as really there isnt much econ theory in there, and little room to actually draw graphs/diagrams. Well if you take surveys as a sampling its too risky that there's too much sampling error n actually how are you goin to collect your data?

Not to say it cannot be done but this is not the best topic to choose for Economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jc_bach)
    But careful that the topic may be to wiffly waffly as really there isnt much econ theory in there, and little room to actually draw graphs/diagrams. Well if you take surveys as a sampling its too risky that there's too much sampling error n actually how are you goin to collect your data?

Not to say it cannot be done but this is not the best topic to choose for Economics.
    Alright...thanks for that...

...I just want to find a topic that I personally find interesting and which has a lot of economic theory to back it up and has a lot of external resources I can use...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm in my first year of IB and were starting on our extended essays by finding our topic and deciding how were going to answer our topic. I've decided to do mine on film and my topic is "What is Stanley Kubrick trying to communicate through the theme of man's relationship to technology in his film 2001: A Space Odyssey?". I've talked with my mentor and he said it was ok but I can't seem to figure out how I'm suppose to write the essay.

ReputationRep:
    New here as you can see by the number of posts I've made and

I was thinking on doing my EE in psychology (I take it at HL) and I want to do something with depression or bi-polar and memory but you know how hard it it to form a research question with that lol. Any ideas of how I could link the to?

ReputationRep:
    Geography: "Is Coastal Management necessary at Dungeness and why?" - handed in last week and sent off to Austria . . . a country with no coasts . . . oh well

I really enjoyed researching it, and managed to make a tenuous conclusion that it's only really necessary because the nuclear power station there is positioned in an entirely inconvenient place that requires significant shingle replenishment from other beaches to keep safe. If they positioned it on the East coast of Dungeness, which experiences substantially slower, largely constructive littoral drift, rather than the South coast, then they likely might not have to shore up any beach defences. Way to go nuclear power industry!

ReputationRep:
    English B: Literary analysis of selected songs from the album Whoracle by In Flames - To what extent did In Flames tackle the issue of mankind's fate and whether or not would the latter's abusive lifestyles and principles lead to their destruction?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing my extended essay on the Vietnam War. But I still haven't made up my mind on what to write about. Any help would be appreciated. ^^

ReputationRep:
    I didn't decide it yet, but is anyone doing Chinese as Extended Essay?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think doing an EE for Memoirs of a Geisha will be good? I'm choosing between history or english. Someone suggest a topic for History?

ReputationRep:
    Hi people, im new to this site!

Im currently in my first year of IB and is taking Environmental System as my EE core subject! However, im not really sure how to score A in EE..unless there's an example of it. soo does anyone here have links to an example of "A" ranked extended essay? : )

cheers mate!

ReputationRep:
    I kinda need some help with coming up with a topic for my Extended Essay =)

Any good ideas? I'm interested in stuff like people's motives, mass psyche, affirmative action, and such (if you can see any kind of pattern there O.o)... I suppose Psychology would be a pretty good topic area to stick to... or something similar

I WAS going to do mass psychology and its role in public opinion... but it seems far too broad for IB.

Also... I was sorta leaning towards subliminal advertising... but I'm unsure about where to go with that.

Oh! I also sort of like the idea of doing something on how all of the government's abstinence programs don't do a thing... but it's not very "worldly"

Any suggestions here? O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irmanizer)
    Hi people, im new to this site!

Im currently in my first year of IB and is taking Environmental System as my EE core subject! However, im not really sure how to score A in EE..unless there's an example of it. soo does anyone here have links to an example of "A" ranked extended essay? : )

cheers mate!
    I'm not sure how great it is, but it says it got 36/40 A

http://www.ibguide.org/IB%20Guide%20...IB%20Maths.htm

And this one idk what it is exactly... school blocks it but it says its a "Database of sample IB Extended Essays"

www.courseworkbank.co.uk/IB__International_Baccalaureate_/IB_Extended_Essays/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    I'm not sure how great it is, but it says it got 36/40 A

http://www.ibguide.org/IB%20Guide%20...IB%20Maths.htm

And this one idk what it is exactly... school blocks it but it says its a "Database of sample IB Extended Essays"

www.courseworkbank.co.uk/IB__International_Baccalaureate_/IB_Extended_Essays/
    you cannot get 40 in EE, the max is 36.
    and to get an A you need 30-36.
    To get it first your format should be near perfect (check criteria)
    your investigation is appropriate and is narrow and investigation is in depth
    Depth of analysis is important too, and of course pulling all the results to draw a reasonable conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    thanks alooot BumperBO : )

ReputationRep:
    i am thinking of doing the Marcos Regime... but I do not have a research question yet... Any suggestions guys?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.