Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So... anybody have some ideas on my question? =D

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, I've decided to do something about Asprin. Anyone got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Chemistry, I've decided to do something about Asprin. Anyone got any ideas?
    Well there's plenty of controversy over Aspirin...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...art-three.aspx

That's one thing I found interesting; can't vouch for its reliability though.

And the thing where taking Aspirin causes you to bleed more could be interesting.
    And I've heard something about how taking an Aspirin every day is actually pretty dangerous... that might be in the article already, or it might be nothing... idk it's your job to research this =P

Get any ideas yet?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing an IB extended essay in English. I want to do an essay on "Of Mice and men" by John Steinbeck.

Any ideas on themes/characters/setting and other things which I can compare and contrast between Of Mice and Men and other Steinbeck novels like "Tortilla Flats"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm1234)
    I am doing an IB extended essay in English. I want to do an essay on "Of Mice and men" by John Steinbeck.

Any ideas on themes/characters/setting and other things which I can compare and contrast between Of Mice and Men and other Steinbeck novels like "Tortilla Flats"?
    cld you compare the same author's books? :confused: because im doing mine in english too and my teacher said it has to a comparision between two authors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cubicle)
    i am thinking of doing the Marcos Regime... but I do not have a research question yet... Any suggestions guys?
    oh cool! :smile: Are you planning to do it for history or lit?
    if its for lit, i'd recommend the book "Caves and Shadows" by the National Artist Nick Joaquin. I haven't read the book personally, but the setting is set in the Philippines during the Marcos regime in the immediate aftermath of Benigno Aquino's assassination. Maybe thats something worth looking into.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided that instead of doing any of my HLs for my EE, I'm going to do a Human Rights one. It means doing extra reading and research, but it is quite interesting. I think I want to do something with wrongful convictions, or I'll write something about a contemporary issue. I don't know if it is just me, but I quite like the idea of researching and writing my own research essay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an extended essay that explores the negative consequences that Canadian Confederation had on the Maritime provinces.

ReputationRep:
    I did an English A1 EE comparing phantom of the opera to the picture of dorian grey and explored themes such as appearance vs reality =)

ReputationRep:
    I need some advise please. I'm doing my EE in english. I want to do something about the theatre of the absurd (Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett and The stranger by Albert Camus/ Who's afraid of virginia wolf? by Edward Albee). Should i examine how language expresses absurdity in two books? (a comparision) does anyone have any other suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I was thinking if i could do "how was the cuban missile crisis in 1962 viewed by the leaders of the two superpowers?" can you guys give me any ideas or something if it isnt that good...
    thanks!""!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamoutloud)
    I need some advise please. I'm doing my EE in english. I want to do something about the theatre of the absurd (Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett and The stranger by Albert Camus/ Who's afraid of virginia wolf? by Edward Albee). Should i examine how language expresses absurdity in two books? (a comparision) does anyone have any other suggestions?
    this is an extended essay, not world lit bro.
    analyze a particular piece and its impact on the woooorld/literature/art

ie: how nietzsche's work paved the way for post-metaphysics philosophers (more philosophy than english haha)

not: LULZ DURRR HURRZ MY WURLD LIT AGAIN HURRR

ReputationRep:
    I think I've finally narrowed down my EE topic in Philosophy, mainly Philosophy of Science as you can geuss from them. It's either gonna be:
    "Can science ever find a unified theory for everything?"
    "Can science ever be truth?"
    "What effect did Quantum Mechanics have on Causality and Determinism?"
    I was thinking the first two may be a bit too wide for it, but the third seems to be too short to me. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darunia9)
    I think I've finally narrowed down my EE topic. It's either gonna be:
    "Can science ever find a unified theory for everything?"
    "Can science ever be truth?"
    "What effect did Quantum Mechanics have on Causality and Determinism?"
    I was thinking the first two may be a bit too wide for it, but the third seems to be too short to me. What do you guys think?
    the third one is the closest to an EE topic but they all sound a lot like ToK to me...:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sociallyanxious)
    the third one is the closest to an EE topic but they all sound a lot like ToK to me...:yes:
    Really? I wish we did stuff like this in TOK, maybe it comes later. Other people I've asked say the "Can Science ever be truth" one is the best. But then they dont know much about science philosophy or the IB

ReputationRep:
    Really? I wish we did stuff like this in TOK, maybe it comes later. Other people I've asked say the "Can Science ever be truth" one is the best. But then they dont know much about science philosophy or the IB
    lol really that's all we do in ToK at my school...go figure:rolleyes: what subjects do you take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sociallyanxious)
    lol really that's all we do in ToK at my school...go figure:rolleyes: what subjects do you take?
    I do Physics HL, English HL, History HL, Psychology SL, Maths SL and Italian Ab Initio, you?

ReputationRep:
    I do Physics HL, English HL, History HL, Psychology SL, Maths SL and Italian Ab Initio, you?
    Chemistry HL, Biology HL, Psychology HL (something in common ), English SL, Math studies SL, German Ab initio :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Extended essay, I think I'm just doing close analysis on some poems. Should be able to achieve a high grade for it. Thus reducing how good the TOK essay has to be.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I haven't really thought about it

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.