Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My EE was:
    In What Ways Does Fassbinder use Film Techniques to Depict Intense Relationships?
    I did it in Film. (not that I was taught the subject)
    I took 4 films and analysed them, just like in a normal film analysis essay I suppose.
    Quite straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixie-Goblin)
    Indeed, generally teachers will say no because you do have to appreciate the way of thinking behind the subject and there is ultimately a (sort of) markscheme that they follow based on that subject (insofar as one can with an EE), but...if you do really know it then there's no reason why not. Out of interest, what are you thinking of doing?
    I've done mine in film.
    Sorry about Double Post *.*

ReputationRep:
    Investigating the effectiveness of chloroxylenol, phenol and triclosan in eliminating Escherichia Coli

ReputationRep:
    "whether Airbus should continue to expand its market share in China"

ReputationRep:
    I did mine in maths.

"How is dimension mathematically described, and how do the Möbius Strip, Klein Bottle, fractal geometry, chaos and Superstring Theory help achieve this?"

ReputationRep:
    Heres my EE: http://www.slideshare.net/jess.mf/ib...extended-essay

ReputationRep:
    I did mine on:

Can something such as absolute knowledge be ever defined?
    (philosophy)

ReputationRep:
    a good business one:

should company xyz change its marketing mix in times of recession?

ReputationRep:
    Mine was on History
    Why did Nazi Germany lose the battle of Stalingrad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The IB KID)
    Mine was on History
    Why did Nazi Germany lose the battle of Stalingrad?
    yup that was my history coursework. fun but the research behind it was immense...beevor, bullock, montefiore, grossman etc...

IB finsihing tomorowwwww
    good luck all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adalia)
    I did mine in maths.

"How is dimension mathematically described, and how do the Möbius Strip, Klein Bottle, fractal geometry, chaos and Superstring Theory help achieve this?"
    is it called superstring now?
    the one proposed by ed witten?
    10, 11 or 26 dimensions ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassinm4)
    is it called superstring now?
    the one proposed by ed witten?
    10, 11 or 26 dimensions ?
    Yep Witten's with 10, 11, or 26 proposed dimensions - for consistency.

ummm yeah its called Superstring theory. If you mean String theory, that's more a generic name for the entire field that began with Bosonic string theory. Superstring is the modern String theory, much more detailed & advanced and it solves some issues w/ the orginial (Bosonic) string theory.
    if that's what you meant?

ReputationRep:
    Yep Witten's with 10, 11, or 26 proposed dimensions - for consistency.

ummm yeah its called Superstring theory. If you mean String theory, that's more a generic name for the entire field that began with Bosonic string theory. Superstring is the modern String theory, much more detailed & advanced and it solves some issues w/ the orginial (Bosonic) string theory.
    if that's what you meant?
    haha yeah that's what i meant.
    after watching couple episodes of discovery channels and university lectures, i found it a pretty cool thing.
    as a physics HL students i always asked my teacher about this and that of string theory. but apparently my math SL (:p: ) limits what i'm capable of understand in this field
    IMO it's a pretty difficult EE topic for an IB student!
    did you get a predicted mark from your EE advisor?

ReputationRep:
    as a physics HL students i always asked my teacher about this and that of string theory. but apparently my math SL (:p: ) limits what i'm capable of understand in this field
    IMO it's a pretty difficult EE topic for an IB student!
    did you get a predicted mark from your EE advisor?

Haha well with my Chem SL and my limited (but interested) knowledge of quantum anything, i made quiiiite sure the section on superstring theory was super short! :yep:

it was more about dimension since i was writing it in maths. apparently i'm getting a B :woo: :woo: :woo: ....considering how a fortnight before it was due i had to change the question :eek3: :rolleyes: it was quite an ok topic, no worries. still here
    (--> there's only 3 maths EE graders and my teacher+supervisor knows them all personally since they all write the Nov exams together or something like that so she graded my EE how the harshest one would and ended up giving me 2pts away from a B. so she said I would get it regraded and it should go to a B )

the problem with it is that i have no maths, only theory. i have only one calculation in the entire essay, and even it's just a model of how to calculate the non-integer dimension of a fractal :s

yours??

ReputationRep:
    Haha well with my Chem SL and my limited (but interested) knowledge of quantum anything, i made quiiiite sure the section on superstring theory was super short! :yep:

it was more about dimension since i was writing it in maths. apparently i'm getting a B :woo: :woo: :woo: ....considering how a fortnight before it was due i had to change the question :eek3: :rolleyes:
    (--> there's only 3 maths EE graders and my teacher+supervisor knows them all personally since they all write the Nov exams together or something like that so she graded my EE how the harshest one would and ended up giving me 2pts away from a B. so she said I would get it regraded and it should go to a B )

yours??
    all i know about the extra dimensions is ants walking on a light pole and different branes of universe
    as a chemistry HL student, i can tell that u haven't been revising your chem since chemistry has nothing to do with string theory
    you mean worldwide, there's only 3 maths EE graders ?!?!?!?!??!?
    i'm doing business for my EE... "whether Airbus should continue to expand its market share in China"
    mom's got connection:p: got loads of inside information written in it, and my EE advisor was like...
    "where the hell did you get all that :eek: :eek: :eek: ????"
    and i get A for EE, A for TOK, 3 extra marks in the pocket :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing business for my EE... "whether Airbus should continue to expand its market share in China"
    mom's got connection:p: got loads of inside information written in it, and my EE advisor was like...
    "where the hell did you get all that :eek: :eek: :eek: ????"
    and i get A for EE, A for TOK, 3 extra marks in the pocket :woo:
    that's brilliant!!

about the chem - I meant it as in I don't take phys :p:
    apparently so! maybe in our TZ or something, but I understood as 3 worldwide (probably for May sessions) as there's only ~50 people who write a Maths EE....?

ReputationRep:
    alright, so havent been following the discussion so im sorry to just jump in, but i would like to 'share with you' my topic because im so PROUD of it.

"In what ways are the opposites of city and nature united in the architectural works of H. Th. Wijdeveld"

- obviously i did my Ee in Art.

anyone else with arty ee's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marloes)
    alright, so havent been following the discussion so im sorry to just jump in, but i would like to 'share with you' my topic because im so PROUD of it.

"In what ways are the opposites of city and nature united in the architectural works of H. Th. Wijdeveld"

- obviously i did my Ee in Art.

anyone else with arty ee's?

Well im planning on doing it in art.. but im not sure what though- thinking down the lines of tattoos. any suggestions? : )

ReputationRep:
    ahhahhaaa i am soo happy EE and all that internal assessment fuschnickens is O-V-E-R for foreveerrrrr!! have fun with latenight struggles with your ee's trying to finish them off when you're already dead sick and tired with the subject lol and tok too..

haha, i'm sorry, finals are really getting the best of me so don't take this post too seriously... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Would you believe that I don't even remember it? After I gave it in, signed the thing, I never looked back. Anyway, mine was an analysis of ambiguity in language (Philosophy).

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.