Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Film

To what extent is cinematography the driving force in the narrative of Wong Kar Wai's films?

ReputationRep:
    I did my EE on chemistry, my topic was:

“An investigation into the feasibility of biofuels such as bioalcohols replacing petrol as the fuel of internal combustion engines”

ReputationRep:
    My topic is:
    Journeys Across Cultures: How do the Characters in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and Journey to the West Compare in Terms of Their Internal and Physical Journeys?

Or rather, was, since I'm done with it. It's an English A1 topic btw

ReputationRep:
    ''how far is western cultural influence a factor in how an individual manages with social anxiety?'

just got it confirmed today :woo:

ReputationRep:
    it's in psychology by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sociallyanxious)
    ''how far is western cultural influence a factor in how an individual manages with social anxiety?'

just got it confirmed today :woo:
    oh! Brilliant topic! I'm doing mine on ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) and it's strengths on the treatment of GAD (generalized anxiety disorder). I don't exactly have an EXACT question yet though..but i'll get there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeraldaa)
    oh! Brilliant topic! I'm doing mine on ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) and it's strengths on the treatment of GAD (generalized anxiety disorder). I don't exactly have an EXACT question yet though..but i'll get there

thanks :hugs: Yours sounds brilliant as well! great to know someone else is doing something on anxiety, what made you choose something to do with anxiety?

When you figure out a title let me know K

ReputationRep:
    "Push and pull factors for migration for Lublin" from geography :]

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to do something like 'Who cared about the Ethics behind psychological experiments finding the 'cause' or 'cure' of homosexuality over the years'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    I think I'm going to do something like 'Who cared about the Ethics behind psychological experiments finding the 'cause' or 'cure' of homosexuality over the years'

Sounds like an interesting topic to look into :yep:

ReputationRep:
    what made you choose that topic?

ReputationRep:
    what made you choose that topic?
    I am LGBT officer in my college union, and it's always been a personal topic to me i guess, and boy its interesting!

ReputationRep:
    I am LGBT officer in my college union, and it's always been a personal topic to me i guess, and boy its interesting!
    That's cool I think it's better doing something that's interesting to you rather then something you need to do to pass the course. Do a lot of people want to do psychology for their EE at your school?

When I was sorting out mine I said I wanted to do it on phobias and she straight out asked me if i had any phobias and what my phobia was and then tried to focus a question around it...a little embarassing saying what it was tbh:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That's cool I think it's better doing something that's interesting to you rather then something you need to do to pass the course. Do a lot of people want to do psychology for their EE at your school?

When I was sorting out mine I said I wanted to do it on phobias and she straight out asked me if i had any phobias and what my phobia was and then tried to focus a question around it...a little embarassing saying what it was tbh:rolleyes:
    only one other person has chosen psychology ... and any phobia is fine! i have some odd ones...

ReputationRep:
    only one other person has chosen psychology ... and any phobia is fine! i have some odd ones...

lucky you :p: about 12 wanted to do it at ours and only 2 psych teachers lol

eh it was only embarassing that she then started looking through books on it trying to form a question and then asking me various things about my phobia :redface: lol

mind sharing some by any chance?:p:

ReputationRep:
    lucky you :p: about 12 wanted to do it at ours and only 2 psych teachers lol

eh it was only embarassing that she then started looking through books on it trying to form a question and then asking me various things about my phobia :redface: lol

mind sharing some by any chance?:p:
    well i have an 'extreme' fear or dentists... used to have a major fear of double decker buses, along with heights and one more that i wont mention....

oh yes, and i find it very hard to stand in a big crowd of people. you?

ReputationRep:
    well i have an 'extreme' fear or dentists... used to have a major fear of double decker buses, along with heights and one more that i wont mention....

oh yes, and i find it very hard to stand in a big crowd of people. you?

lol when you said weird I thought you'd be coming out with really strange ones granted I didn't hear the last one:p:

Just looking at a list of phobias and theres a really well kind of ironic one...the phobia of long words (check out what the name is sometime it's kinda mean)

well a few of mine would include heights, have a major fear of being stared at (makes me seem paranoid...:rolleyes: ), talking to authority figures and speaking infront of people, eating in front of people, spiders, being critizised and well a few others I really don't want to go into...

ReputationRep:
    thanks :hugs: Yours sounds brilliant as well! great to know someone else is doing something on anxiety, what made you choose something to do with anxiety?

When you figure out a title let me know K
    aww shucks thanks

Yeah, mos def I'll let you know

My extended essay is going to be rather interesting though since I already have 2 interviews lined up and everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeraldaa)
    aww shucks thanks

Yeah, mos def I'll let you know

My extended essay is going to be rather interesting though since I already have 2 interviews lined up and everything

what you interviewing them about?

ReputationRep:
    Hi im going to be doing IB next year and taking these subjects
    HL- Film, Philosophy and English
    SL- Math Studies, Ab initio Italian and Human Factors.

I have no idea how the EE works, and I'm wondering whether or not it is possible to do one under the title "The legalization of marijuana" or something based around that subject.

(and just because im up for legalizing it doesnt mean im a pot smoking hippy!)

Thanks

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.