Turn on thread page Beta

IB Students: What are your extended essay topics? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColonolMcnubbin)
    Hi im going to be doing IB next year and taking these subjects
    HL- Film, Philosophy and English
    SL- Math Studies, Ab initio Italian and Human Factors.

I have no idea how the EE works, and I'm wondering whether or not it is possible to do one under the title "The legalization of marijuana" or something based around that subject.

(and just because im up for legalizing it doesnt mean im a pot smoking hippy!)

Thanks
    we discussed this in TOK: its kinda a political/ ethical issue to a degree- What is your Human Factors class you will be taking?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine on biology, focusing on eating disorders. I haven't come up with my title yet, I'll probably investigate effect of malnutrition on something like development of a foetus, or the incidence of children born with disabilities if the mother is malnurished compared with a healthy mother. It's just finding something I can get hold of enough data for, I need to put a bit more thought into it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine in Spanish (Language B) but I have no idea of how to even go about picking a topic.

I'd quite like to do Cuba's influence in the Cold War but a lot of that would be talking about USA / Soviet relations so I don't even know if it'd be possible for me to do that...

I keep bouncing from one idea to the next, and each one fails just as miserably :')

Helpppp, ahaa!

x

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be doing mine on something in the Philosophy of Maths; I need to pick a specific topic area, though...

ReputationRep:
    History:

To what extent did Pres. Johnson escalate the Vietnam War?

---
    Quite a challenge, lol. I have never studied the Vienam War before, haha. War movies about it just inspired me to do my EE on it. lol

ReputationRep:
    Mine's now about how we can justify our deductive processes. Should be interesting, if I find enough to read for it.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is "Marriage in Uzbekistan." For San

So i have to define marriage and bla bla bla stuff then talk about Uzbekistan Marriage. after what take any ethnography compare conclusion Owned

ReputationRep:
    Im going to a college that is doing IB for the first time now what will i do about past reference papers. Can i sen doff for some or something

ReputationRep:
    Hi~ I'm new here.
    I have a couple areas of interest but I can't think of a specific topic. (Curse my life, so many distractions >.<)
    They are:
    History:
    -Anything on Japan (I'm really interested in Japan)
    -The effects of religion on major events

While I'm not currently and haven't taken psychology before, I want interested in writing a topic in it.
    Psychology:
    -Why do people believe in things without proof?

So I'm really hoping one of you here can help me find a specific topic, and I want to know if it's a bad idea to try to write a topic on psychology without taking the class (I think it is.)

And I have to turn in my topic on friday and get my advisor! Curse my life! T_T

ReputationRep:
    I should, in all honesty, be working on writing my Extended Essay introduction already xD

It's a current working title at the moment, but my title is the effect of analgesics (painkillers) on the pH of hydrochloric acid. (Yay, Chemistry. My feet still hurt from last Friday, when I did my experiments...)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine in Literature:

Male and female consciousness in James Joyce's Ulysses, as observed through the interior monologues of Molly Bloom and Stephen Dedalus

Probably not the actual title, but that's the gist. My supervisor loves it, though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, I'm Really Stuck On What To Do For Me Extended Essay, Its Me First Year Doing The IB And Its Really Hard, Am Struggling With Most Of Me Subjects. I Want To Do Summat Around Graphics Design Or Business, If You Have Any Suggestions It Would Be Really Helpful, Thank You .

ReputationRep:
    I have more ideas, but I need help deciding and please help point out any cons in my ideas.
    Japanese and American History - The differences in textbooks on the attacks during WWII. (Yea I kinda saw another topic on this forum on the differences between Chinese and Japanese textbooks, so I'm kinda stealing it, but he also said that he had to deal with the original texts, and with my small knowledge of japanese, I don't think its possible.)
    The differences between Japanese Anime and American cartoons and their influences. Could that be a topic under art or something like that?)

ReputationRep:
    I did mine in English A1 Literature; To What Extent Are the Title Characters in William Shakespeare's Macbeth and Hamlet Led to their Tragic Ends by External Factors?
    I explored the characters' lack of balance between action and thought, and how they themselves can ultimately be held responsible for their downfalls despite the influence of external forces.

ReputationRep:
    I want to do medicine at university but I'm unsure what topic to do. I was thinking of doing something based around the history of medicine but obviously I need to specify this a lot. Would this be appropriate and would the topic come under history or a science?

ReputationRep:
    what would one do for english a1 on great expectations by charles dickens, im worried i wunt be able to compose a 4000 word essay wit just one buk

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am trying to find my Ib extended essay topic on English but i cant find subject and i am really stucked
    I think something about these subjects
    -comparison of two main characters of two different novels
    --but i cant find the main comparison point or concept or novels
    -something about a writer
    -something about books and their movies but i need a good subjects that i could develop
    -some main concept like women social status and their evaluation in different novels but what novels and what concepts

i love these kind of topics but i cant produce anything like it
    -Sexuality and Ethnicity in Fifties and Sixties American Cinema: The Effect of Religion and Politics
    -Attitudes Towards Human Spirituality in Goethe's Faust and Marlowe's Dr. Faustus
    -An exploration of Jane Austen's use of the outdoors in Emma

I dint know so much books that i can find similar concepts so i would be really really glad if you can help me to narrow down my topics or recommend novels in similar concepts
    i really wanna have fun and do it one of my friends choose
    comparison of children in ronald dahl's books
    i wanna do something like that

For the ones who finished writing extended essay or for the bookworms who haveReadd great deal of novel i would be really glad if you contact me and assist me in small matters i am really desperate
    about finding topic
    my contactaddresss is stacymcadammaill.com

ReputationRep:
    bad idea to start.
    first you needa find two novels/works then you decide the topic/theme that you're going to approach, not the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh getting a good title is the hardest part. The writing is the easy part as there are less marks for writing than all the other stuff. I am doing a title along the lines of : "How has the internet influenced marketing objectives since it's invention"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaccyG)
    Yeh getting a good title is the hardest part. The writing is the easy part as there are less marks for writing than all the other stuff. I am doing a title along the lines of : "How has the internet influenced marketing objectives since it's invention"
    Your topic is great but which subject is that? english?
    Actually i wanted something like that (not novel) in the first place but i wasnt able to find any good subject that i wont mess up
    First they said me that choose a subject that you like so you can enjoy while writing so i started looking for subjects according to my interests : movies,technology,design(photsho p),advertising etc. but i wasnt able to find any
    Everybody says that english(novel thing) and history is easiest so i decided that grade is more important than interest now i am looking for the right novels currently i am thinking about the comparison of girl,interrupted and one flew over the cukcoos nest but shortly i am Stuck

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.