Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    finished my extended essay way before planned lol it's not due until October and I finished it last week and I am so relieved! Ended up being 14 pages!!! Now to work on my ToK essay

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, starting points will vary from person to person. I would suggest starting with one novel that you're interested in and then thinking about its characters, themes, style, etc. From there, try to think of other novels with similar characteristics and start making some comparisons. If you can think of another novel that you feel would make for a good and interesting comparison, then you've pretty much got your work cut out for you. Although the popular choice seems to be comparing two novels by the same author, I can vouch that doing comparisons of novels by different authors can work as well.

Writing about three novels is a bit of a challenge. If you can find three novels with easily-comparable themes, characters, etc. (not an easy task on its own) then its certainly worth a try, but you will have to make sure that you provide sufficient depth in all of your comparisons. If you find your comparisons are become diluted, I would suggest cutting out the third novel and focusing on only two.

Hope that helps,
    illu45

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peacelovejoy)
    Hi, I'm thinking about my extended essay topic, but I'm stuck~ I want to do something about the environment since it's something I'm really passionate about, but is it too cliche? I dunno, the topic questions could be like, "to what extent is vietnam doing to conserve the environment" or "climate change denials and their possible effects" :party:
    What subject again?

ReputationRep:
    Noo, i accidently deleted my post, I'm not very good at technology XD
    Well I think it'd go under environmental sciences right?
    I'm taking these classes:
    HL Biology
    HL English
    HL History
    SL Math
    SL Chemistry
    SL Spanish

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peacelovejoy)
    Noo, i accidently deleted my post, I'm not very good at technology XD
    Well I think it'd go under environmental sciences right?
    I'm taking these classes:
    HL Biology
    HL English
    HL History
    SL Math
    SL Chemistry
    SL Spanish

:woo:
    The "effects of ..." is waaaaaaay too general.. you need to narrow it down!!! Weren't you given any form of EE guide?

ReputationRep:
    ok i wanted my topic to be on existentialism and how its involved in film is there anyway i can make it less broad?:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I just made up my mind yesterday.
    I'm comparing 2 plays "Death of A Salesman" with "The Glass Managrie" and talking about the American Dream/role of father...still haven't figured it out yet; gotta read the books first!:p:

ReputationRep:
    laklak77:

I was in the same situation you are now ... when choosing the topic you have to think firstly in what you are interested (romanticism, fantastic literature, etc...), then talk to your teacher and ask him what novels belong to that genre, then read a summary or analisys of those books and explore some topics that relate the novels ... tehn choose the one you like the most ...

ReputationRep:
    EE in geography:

The characteristics of the Warsaw urban climate and their effects on the citizens

urban heat island basically, but i wouldnt recommend writing an EE in geography since it took me like 3 months to complete it. ee in e.g. english b is waaaaaaaay easier and faster..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamz_23)
    Hi Guys, I'm Really Stuck On What To Do For Me Extended Essay, Its Me First Year Doing The IB And Its Really Hard, Am Struggling With Most Of Me Subjects. I Want To Do Summat Around Graphics Design Or Business, If You Have Any Suggestions It Would Be Really Helpful, Thank You .
    Graphic Design would be Art most likely?

ReputationRep:
    I did mine in HL Economics:

"Should the inheritance tax be removed in Finland?"

May sound quite broad, but I didn't really have trouble with the word limit. Plus, it's always good to do something about your own country, since if you make mistakes, it unlikely the examiner will ever know: I doubt there are few who know much about the inheritance tax in Finland. Many of my friends did the same in history, i.e. wrote essays on Finnish history.

ReputationRep:
    My topic was on Pope Pius XII's role in the Holocaust.

I can't remember the wording of my RQ but I got an A

ReputationRep:
    Economics:

What is the mobile phone market structure within the 5th ring road of Beijing?

Got an A. My proudest accomplishment in IB.

ReputationRep:
    its my first year in IB and i need a bit of help with my topic. Im doing it on ITGS, its "Has the development of electronic monitoring in the workplace resulted in improved employee performance and how has it affected employees’ privacy?" maybe i gotta fix it up, can any1 help plzz
    fanxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
    Not necessarily - plagiarism extends beyond that.
    well if u footnote everything you copy and pasted, its not really considered as plagiarism because you've referenced it.. am i right??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabeea =])
    well if u footnote everything you copy and pasted, its not really considered as plagiarism because you've referenced it.. am i right??
    Yea, pretty much. Just make sure you use a referencing system, i.e. Harvard, etc and stick to just the one throughout the essay. And use the referencing system properly.

I did mine in Film, posted the title before. I got an A, which I'm really happy about, cause I wasnt taught the subject, and I finished it realitively earily, (well, on time, I suppose) so I felt like it wasnt that good and could be improved.

What I think might have done it for me:

My essay contained screenshots of the Films, so I included a table of figures kinda thing. Also my essay was about Fassbinder, so the essay was probably quite unusual or different to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinXtrem)
    Yea, pretty much. Just make sure you use a referencing system, i.e. Harvard, etc and stick to just the one throughout the essay. And use the referencing system properly.

I did mine in Film, posted the title before. I got an A, which I'm really happy about, cause I wasnt taught the subject, and I finished it realitively earily, (well, on time, I suppose) so I felt like it wasnt that good and could be improved.

What I think might have done it for me:

My essay contained screenshots of the Films, so I included a table of figures kinda thing. Also my essay was about Fassbinder, so the essay was probably quite unusual or different to others.
    ShinXtrem:

I wanted to do my EE on film but I didn't do it because that subject is not taught at my school ... I would have love doing it ... what was your topic??

ReputationRep:
    just got feedback on my draft, they said that it was really good all I needed to do was fix some grammer and re word the title. So happy as I thought that there was sooooo much wrong with it turns out they think it's ''Brilliant''!

Sorry bout the rant just soooooooooooooooooooo happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarletwings92)
    just got feedback on my draft, they said that it was really good all I needed to do was fix some grammer and re word the title. So happy as I thought that there was sooooo much wrong with it turns out they think it's ''Brilliant''!

Sorry bout the rant just soooooooooooooooooooo happy
    that 's great ... I am just starting it !! ... what was your topic ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koch)
    that 's great ... I am just starting it !! ... what was your topic ??
    My original title was ''How far does western cultural influences affect how an individual manages with social anxiety disorder?''

going to change the wording though...waiting for the title change to be approved so...won't post it just yet though it's not much different from above

What are you doing yours on?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.