Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have to turn in my ee topic on monday...i was thinking somewhere along the lines of comparing retention rates in universities throughout the world and then exploring why they are different....

I'm not sure if i'll be able to get enough info though...... HELP

ReputationRep:
    My EE was comparing the environmental effects of the Metula & Sea Empress oil spills in saltmarshes. Despite the huge amount of stress/work to write it, I really enjoyed the topic & learned a ton. So for anyone trying to pick topics: make sure it's something you're really interested in, because it makes the actual work easier to do!

ReputationRep:
    what's going on guys? I'm new to this site/forum and i've been reading the previous posts and so far they have helped a lot. But i was wondering (i might sound stupid when asking this) what is an EE?

ReputationRep:
    Are You IB student?? EE is short for Extended Essay. Essay which is max. 4000 words whcih You have to write on topic which You choose.

ReputationRep:
    my essay's in chemistry.....effect of dye molecular weight and the surface area of filaments on the dye-absorbability and physico-mechanical properties of Poly (ethylene terephthalate) yarns manufactured in P.T. Indorama Synthetics....

ReputationRep:
    yes I'm an IB student, but I'm a sophomore in the U.S. so they really haven't said anything about the extended essay except that we have to do one.

ReputationRep:
    well.....you basically have to write a research based essay...of 4000 words.....based on any subject you like....Biology....Anthropology. ....Economics....English (to name a few) ,you have to remember only one thing though.....try to keep it as original as possible....and try and enjoy yourself while you do it....one word of advice: Try to Finish it off in the first year of IB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Santorini)
    my essay's in chemistry.....effect of dye molecular weight and the surface area of filaments on the dye-absorbability and physico-mechanical properties of Poly (ethylene terephthalate) yarns manufactured in P.T. Indorama Synthetics....
    are u in jakarta?? which school are u in rite now? i'm from jakarta too^^
    i'm in canada rite now

ReputationRep:
    well a simple answer to ur question
    subject:business and management
    topic:how would i boost the morale and motivate the employees in a firm!
    its pretty easy and fun...all i gotta do is go to my dad's office and chat wid every 1!

ReputationRep:
    yeah....i'm in jakarta....i'm currently studying at GMIS (Gandhi Memorial International School)....a 3-programme IB school.....great place.....great teachers (half of them dun know what IB is).....neways....nice to know that someone out there is also from jakarta...looking forward to meet you...

ReputationRep:
    yeah....i'm in jakarta....i'm currently studying at GMIS (Gandhi Memorial International School)....a 3-programme IB school.....great place.....great teachers (half of them dun know what IB is).....neways....nice to know that someone out there is also from jakarta...looking forward to meet you...
    Hmm.. Hmm.. 3-programme IB school? Care to explain.. Interested to know more

Let me guess: IB + National Exams + GCSE/As

ReputationRep:
    i used to be in Gandhi memorial national school, i did the o'lvl program , so i basically did two programme. great teachers?? who teach u ?? i remember getting great teachers for my o'lvl final years but the first year wasnt really good, i didnt actually understand wat the teacher taught us (or maybe i'm just too dumb to understand it lol)

lemme guess , 3 programmes: IB, GCSE, A/O'level (do they still offer tat??)

ReputationRep:
    There are some interesting topics out there. My was rather banal in terms of writing in English A1 about two renowned authors - Karen Blixen (Isak Dinesen) and Joseph Conrad. To compare them was the unusual part - I don't think anyone has compared their handling of the theme of identity (I used "Lord Jim" and "Seven Gothic Tales").

I handed it in in September. Crossing my fingers that the incoherence of the first third is compensated for by the increasing coherence of the last two thirds.

Good luck to those who have yet to meet their doom! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    anyone done a EE on Soviet Secret police? either the NKVD or KGB

ReputationRep:
    Let's see.....my school offers PYP...MYP....IB...A-Levels....IGCSE....O-Levels....and National Level Exams.....

--------------

(Original post by Jaetie)
    Hmm.. Hmm.. 3-programme IB school? Care to explain.. Interested to know more

Let me guess: IB + National Exams + GCSE/As
    well what should i explain..??....33programme IB school....Primary Years Programme (PYP)....Middle Years Programme (MYP)....and of course....International Baccalaureate (IB)....

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i have no idea what to do for my extended essay! I'll probably do it in Chemistry, and as i want to go into medicine probably something related, but i have no idea what! Any Ideas?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, just wondering if i could get some advice on my extended essay topic... id like to study medical research at university, but i'm also pretty interested in sociology and politics. So i figured I'd pick a history extended essay about a historical scientific subject. Well I came up with the Black Death pandemic. But somehow I need to make it more specific so that its generally a history EE, not a biology EE... any ideas appreciated!

Chris

ReputationRep:
    Try to Finish it off in the first year of IB.
    I disagree! At my school we were given deadlines for the topic proposals, outlines, 1st & 2nd drafts, & the final essay which was due in October of our senior year. That worked out well, because we could work on them over the summer but still not have them hanging over our heads while we do IA's & CAS during the rest of the year. So my advice is to work on your EE over the summer between IB1 & IB2. (or I guess that would be winter for ppl in the southern hemisphere)

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I was planning to write my EE in History,
    the topic I've been considering is...
    Gaius Marius' reform of the Roman Legion and how it affects military (hierachy? spelling) today.
    What do you guys think? too broad?
    any feedback would be cool
    pce

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I actually have to hand in my proposals tomorrow, but any coments would be helpfull.

my first idea is this: im going to sink differnt objects in different places in the ocean and collect data on what types of animals and plants and corals move in on which object and in which area etc. I love the ocean so i dont think collecting the data would be a drag for me. now my question to those that have been through ee, would this give me enough data to write 4000 wrods on?

my second idea: sort of to do with phsycology. how a childs mind developes over the years. i will do differnt test on differnt ages. again will this give me enough data?

any answers would really be welcome.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.