Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockktina)
    I think my school is always weigh behind when it comes to internal assesments those of you who share the problem of exams coming up pretty soon probably have finished the exess a long time ago ... i haven't I'm still not done, but almost...

im doing mine in psychology:
    How do depression and drug abuse interact with suicidal behaviour? - A case study of Kurt Cobain

it took me a long time to decide on a topic but to those of you how are in IB1now: get it out of the way as soon as possible it makes your life a lot easier!!!
    Kurt Cobain was a legend: )

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking of doing something about the bible, how it influenced modern society as a literary (sp) piece.
    or something along those lines.... thats pretty broad though.... got the idea from the day after tomorrow.... you know the bit where he wants to save the bible because it is the first bit of written language in western world, something like that.

ReputationRep:
    how is the character’s progression to animalism expressed in Edward Albee’s the Zoo Story and what factors influence this?

predicted strong A

ReputationRep:
    how are these topics for my EE:

Imperialism and the partition of Africa

Hitlers genocide pollicies

Effect of Treaty of Versailles on the German Economy, leading to the economic crisis in 1923

The Use of the Atomic Bomb during the Second World War

ReputationRep:
    to what extent did economic factors help in the rise of the Nazis.
    please give advice as i have a few hours to decide.
    the one i wanted to do is to hard and has few resources

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, new to the forum. I am a US IB Student, and over here we have a 2 year curriculum with no Pre-IB classes; just two years of IB.

I am currently taking:

English HL
    US History HL
    Biology HL
    Film HL
    Spanish 5 SL (then in 12th grade Spanish 6 SL)
    Math Studies SL
    Psychology SL

I am pretty much dead set on doing my EE on Biology, and I have heard from many sources to create your own experiment to gain maximum Primary Data points to get a better potential for an A. Also I have heard the more complex and sophisticated the paper is, the harder it is for the examiner to understand -- leading to more potential points.

Anyway I have been having trouble coming up with a good biology experiment. My mentor and IBC have come up with a few yet the meet the requirements of Psych rather than that of Biology. Any tips or ways to get a good experiment going?

ReputationRep:
    My topic is Infinity in Fractals. No clue as to how I'm going to do that, but if I can figure it out it might be a good topic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of writing about the use of the French horn in various compositions, though I haven't exactly decided on the specifics. Music EE's seem to involve a lot more analysis than I'd anticipated, though...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine in English A1 - Something about how the context of production has affected representation of madness in female characters, possibly when written by female authors, perhaps even those suffering from mental illness themselves...lots of possibilities

It'll be more specific as my research goes on, but I definitely smell The Bell Jar either way. and my supervisor has a thing about getting me reading ancient literature, so god knows how he's going to fit that in...

ReputationRep:
    im doing mine in biology, specifically, different enzymes to kill different household bacteria, my advisor says i could link it to household cleanliness, human ingenuity, stuff like that.
    i just cant find any good stuff about it on the internet, and my parents wont be any help, what do i do???
    please help

ReputationRep:
    also, jesse715, health, microbiology, and genetics are all topics that examiners love, my adviser told me that.
    secondly, even if you dont centre your essay on something, you can still, make a suggestion that your research has shown, NOT PROVED, that it would perhaps be a good idea to use whatever in whatever, that way, when it gets marked, the examiner can say, look, they have linked their findings to real world problems and offered a solution, which gets you more marks.

ReputationRep:
    jesse715, i just found this really cool file all about writing a extended essay in biology, just google 'biology extended essay' and up comes a link to this site called pathways, click on the first link and the file downloads in seconds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freddddyyyyyyyy99999)
    jesse715, i just found this really cool file all about writing a extended essay in biology, just google 'biology extended essay' and up comes a link to this site called pathways, click on the first link and the file downloads in seconds.
    Please stop spamming this forum! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    The goals of the United States in the Vietnam War from 1950 to 1975 were the reasons for the loss of the Vietnam War to the Communist Allies.

ReputationRep:
    I have to give in my proposal in february and i was wondering what your opinion was on the following research question ( its not properly formulated yet): To what extend do the resources of a country determine the prosperity of the country

i was thinking in the area of Saudie Arabia being quite prosperous due to its oil export whilst Nigeria is not prosperous at all even though it has alot of oil and so..

and i was thinking that it fits with Geography?

ReputationRep:
    How has the United States changed its attitude towards terrorism in a post 9/11 world? (Peace & Conflict)

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first year of IB and I need to hand in my initial topic for EE next week. I'm wondering if there's any restrictions to topic if I want to choose English B for my EE? My teacher said it has to be about English literature....... if it really does I might have to consider something else since I'm a non-native speaker and that will be quite challenging!! Please help.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea which subject I could fit this under since our school doesn't have Psychology or any related social science really...

But I was thinking of Writing my essay on the topic of pre-defined personality traits due to your zodiac sign...

So proofing whether it really is nature Vs nurture, and whether people who HAVE read their personality are more susceptible to becoming more like what they are 'supposed to be'

Personal opinion is that I have found way too many coincidences for our personalities to just be based on nurture...

Oh and with this I am not sticking strictly to the specific personalities that each sign is given, but also taking into consideration the cusp, the element of the sign, the position of the sign, the possible influences of parents particular signs (mine both being virgo, though one is closer to libra - and on the cusp :P ).

I have been studying how people behave and interact with each other under varying circumstances such as friends, authority, family, loved ones etc as that changes the dynamics and priorities for certain traits to shine through

ReputationRep:
    I need to choose my initial topic by next next week. It looks like all the schools' EE schedules are similar :-)

ReputationRep:
    Btw i was thinking of maybe doing it along the lines of:

The Keynesian view on the subsidy of ..... (economics)

However my EE teacher told me that the subject should be focused rather than broad and possibly one that you can do a research on. Is it an ok title or is it too hard?

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.