Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My topic is censorship in music, under IB Music.

Any thoughts? I'm afraid that the topic is too common, or too broad, or something. My mentor said it was alright, but he's new to IB so he might be unaware of the "cliched" topics...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaceofdarkness)
    My topic is censorship in music, under IB Music.

Any thoughts? I'm afraid that the topic is too common, or too broad, or something. My mentor said it was alright, but he's new to IB so he might be unaware of the "cliched" topics...
    Post your research question: If it's something like, How did the censorship implementations in 19XX affect the (music genre) in (a city/area)? then it might be good.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so It's my first time here as well. Right now I'm going into my second year of IB in a school in Texas.

I'm in the middle of my research for my EE and am having problems lol.

My topic is pretty far out there, it's on theatre and it's "How may an actor apply the techniques used in the classical Indian dance form of Bharatanatyam to the methods of Lee Strasberg in stage theatre."
    I'm basically not finding much as you can guess lol, but I'm wondering if my topic seems too much relied on personal experience and opinion rather then facts. Also I'm wondering if there are any other Theatre EE people out there and what y'alls topics are?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so it’s my first time here. Right now I'm going into my second year of IB in a school in Texas.

I'm in the middle of my research for my EE and am having problems lol.

My topic is pretty far out there, :woo:
    it's on theatre and it's "How may an actor apply the techniques used in the classical Indian dance form of Bharatanatyam to the methods of Lee Strasberg in stage theatre."

I'm basically not finding much as you can guess lol, but I'm wondering if my topic seems too much relied on personal experience and opinion rather than facts. Also I'm wondering if there are any other Theatre EE people out there and what y'alls topics are.

ReputationRep:
    Help me please!! It is summer here and I start school in about a week and a half and the second full day of school, I am supposed to show up with 10 annotated bibliographies.. and I thought this would be easy until I realized that I want to change my question. I am positive that I want to do the paper on Theatre: Political theatre I believe. But now I am thinking about writing on Nietzsche in regards to Theatre of The Absurd and religion.. but I cant think of a question worth writing about. I just need major help right now... just a few ideas to get me going PLEASE!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My topic is:
    The Effect that Vampires have had on Society throughout time.

Any comments, opinions? I just want to make sure that it is a good not over used topic....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ekwalker)
    Don't worry about the exact wording! Chances are your exact topic/focus will evolve as you actually write the paper. Worry about the wording later.
    helew..
    im new here so dont rly no wats hapening..neways i got chemistry n n stil deciding on the topic for my ee.. i thnk its : comparison of the effect of inter and intra molecular hydrogen bonding in reaction of phenolic compounds.: basicaly comparing 2 phenolic compounds, one with intra Hydro bonding n other with inter hb..in their reactions n stufs...please help!! wat do u think?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm doing a history EE on "to what extent was Albert Speer a good Nazi?"

Its really interesting - for those who aren't familiar with Speer he was the Minister of Armaments of the Third Reich and millions of forced labourers in the occupied territories worked in his munition factories. However at the war crime trials at Nuremburg in 1946 he claimed that he tried to assassinate Hitler many times, treated his own workers well, and knew nothing of the persecution and killings of Jews. While all 10 other of 'Hitler's Henchmen' were executed, Speer escaped the hangman's noose to serve 20 years in jail. After his release, he became the 'celebrity Nazi' - living a life of comfort and being interviewed by numerous magazines (most famously, Playboy).

After his death, many revisionist historians have established theories regarding Speer's actual culpability for the horrors of the slave labour program - and many would now claim that he was a fraud and should have been executed in 1946.

This is such an interesting topic and I'm super excited to finish! 3000 words so far! Yay!

Also, is anyone else doing a mainly historiographical history EE? I have a especially large number of footnotes and quotes because my essay is mainly the study of different historical interpretations of Speer. I have 46 footnotes so far, and perhaps 300 words (combined) of purely quotes. I feel like I'm writing an english EE...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragnar_jonsson)
    English A1:
    Animal or Human?
    An exploration of animalism in Edward Albee's the Zoo Story.

Interesting, tricky.
    It's a lot of social theory, with literary research.
    Hiii ragnarr
    I was wondering if you could post your extended essay because I am doing something very similar and it would be great to read another person´s views and ideas on that topic.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vodkabreath)
    I'm doing mine on philosophy.

"Can Aristotle's ethical theories be used to morally justify the act of euthanasia?"

Or something like that. I don't have an official title yet, haha.

Does anyone else here know about Aristotle or how I could possibly structure my essay?
    Firstly, if you're planning to write 4000 words on his theories, I would hope you'd know something about him and his theories. If you don't, how do you know if you can write the essay, or if you'll even find it interesting?
    Secondly, if we're just talking basic structure, you need to start with the introduction! (Before this you'll need a table of contents and an abstract, but write them when you've finished the essay).

A good structure plan can be found here on pages 1, 2 and 3.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to do something on animal farm but im not sure what!
    so far here are my thoughts on topics;

- Animal Farm by George Orwell: the bonds between leadership, fraternity and how it led to destruction (maybe I could compare this with another book where corruption of power led to destruction such as The House of the Spirits?)
    - Animal farm: Comparison to a fairytale (ex. the three little pigs) and the significance of the use of animals as characters, how narration allows animals to speak adn the effect it has on readers
    -

ReputationRep:
    My topic was: "What is the Influence of Kurt Cobain on Dave Grohl in Terms of Musical Output?"

so whoever was asking about music ee's, there's your answer. And yes i know it was years ago haha

ReputationRep:
    Hi, did anyone ever try to write an EE on body painting?

I kind of have hard times getting any good sources
    so could anyone help please?
    I have to hand in the first version in two weeks

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what to do my extended essay on and my first draft has to be in, in a week! Any ideas, I'm looking at doing something related to either history or english ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillybingo2)
    I have no idea what to do my extended essay on and my first draft has to be in, in a week! Any ideas, I'm looking at doing something related to either history or english ?
    HAH my extended essay rough draft is also due in about a week weeks anddd I just decided to change my topic around, so now I have to re-do everything I had, which wasn't alot to begin with, but still.

ReputationRep:
    I plan to use the books Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert and Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata.
    Any opinions about what the topic could be?

ReputationRep:
    English A1; How does T.S. Eliot use the motifs of abnormality and dysfunction in selected poems to illustrate the loneliness and inadequacies of his characters?

I used two poems, The love song of J Alfred Prufrock and Rhapsody on a Windy Night. I was really pleased with it, and I found out this week that it has arrived at its destination somewhere overseas for marking!

ReputationRep:
    English A1: To what extent is language used as a tool of oppression in 'The Handmaid's Tale' by Margaret Atwood.

ReputationRep:
    I just started IB and my EE topic is due tmrw..can i do the essay on psychology??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too, I am thinking about art or neuropsychology if i can tackle it. NO CLUE what to do yet....

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.