Turn on thread page Beta

IB Students: What are your extended essay topics? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moiselles)
    I think I am going to write an essay on History, "To what extend has WW1 influenced parisian fashion of the 1920s.". Most probably I will try to compare Chanel and Lanvin designs from the period of founding those companies to 1915, and designs from the begging of 1920, and than try to analyse and explain the difference. What do you think?
    That's pretty much word to word what I am doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siddd)
    That's pretty much word to word what I am doing
    wow. do you have any problems finding sources? my supervisor things it might come out very difficult...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welix)
    Are you sure your or your friend's question isn't too broad? I remember finding it pretty tough to write 4000 words for my essay because it was pretty specific :eek:

I don't get why oh why one would write 13000 words for a 4000 word assignment though... It's a great effort and it's probably excellent content but it won't be recognised at all and 13k is more than 3 times the amount they want. It will be absolutely impossible to reduce that to 4000 words without losing extreme amounts of analysis. I found it hard to cut my essay down when it reached 4300...

Either way I wish you and your friend the best of luck with your essays, seen as you clearly put more effort into them than most people I know! Hopefully it will be recognised

No, our questions were both fairly narrow, but we did so much research and found so much material that we found it hard to choose the most important bits! I'm getting there as I'm being rather ruthless with my EE, but my friend's word count is ever increasing!

ReputationRep:
    wow. do you have any problems finding sources? my supervisor things it might come out very difficult...
    Nahhh, that's not really my topic - just yankin' your leg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*Jemma*~)
    ITGS isInformation Technology in a Global Society, we basically study how computers and other new technologies are being used in the world today and how they are improving or unimproving it...
    Hi there... i thought of doing on ITGS...but then there wasn't any supervisor to supervise me.. anyway my topic was " MERGING OF DIGITAL WORLD INTO PHYSICAL WORLD".. if it interests you, you can have it.. i have to change my topic anyway.... cheers!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siddd)
    Nahhh, that's not really my topic - just yankin' your leg.
    I can never tell over the internet!

ReputationRep:
    Mine is in mathematics.

What is currently the most efficient RSA decryption method?

It is mostly related to cryptography and number theory (primality tests and factorisation methods), and applied mathematics.

Didn't want to involve quantum computers though, it would have been too much to handle and to learn.

ReputationRep:
    Finished mine 2 weeks ago!
    Mine was for English: How does Urrea in The Devil’s Highway represent the facts of the actual event in order to create a literary work?

I think it was pretty good because it allowed me to talk about everything in the entire book. (:

ReputationRep:
    We've only just started talking about the EE in my english class and we won't be picking out topics till after winter break, but is it possible to do anything on the theories of 2012? I know nothing about the criteria as we have not talked about in details so i have no idea what to start thinking of for topics.

ReputationRep:
    Im comparing the composition of seawater along the coast of my city in the United Arab Emirates... Im having problems with the format and possibly the subject itself.. Im not sure how to write the essay and Im starting to worry that my subject is more of biochemistry than biology =(... Would appretiate it if someone can help

ReputationRep:
    an analysis of the functions of major components of dynamic driver headphones....

ReputationRep:
    Mine is in English. I'm comparing the use of foils in Wuthering Heights and The Other Side of the Bridge

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys!!

I'm currently writing my second draft but having doubts.

Subject: History
    Topic: To what extent did the demise of the Ottoman Empire(1914-1922) catalyze ongoing conflict within the Middle East?

ReputationRep:
    I think I am going to write an essay on History, "To what extend has WW1 influenced parisian fashion of the 1920s.". Most probably I will try to compare Chanel and Lanvin designs from the period of founding those companies to 1915, and designs from the begging of 1920, and than try to analyse and explain the difference. What do you think?
    I think that sounds incredibly interesting!

Sources could be an issue, but it sounds really good.

Under what subject do you plan to put it in??

ReputationRep:
    Got mines out of the way in September - it was on "To what extent does nature affect architecture through the use of the Fibonacci Sequence " i think it was about 3562 words in the end and around 23 pages in total

Got my ToK essay out of the way too

ReputationRep:
    hei......i am really confused on what i should do for my EE.....i want to do something about physics such as building a superconductor.....but i also believe i could do something on economics.....such as how have the sales of cars produced by GM been affected.....(in a specific region)..... by the economic crisis(i have acces to the necessary information).

i truely do not know what to do, any other information on any of these subjects is welcomed! ty!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am in my first year of IB, but none of my teachers have started talking about the extended essay yet (except that we have to do it near year). I just have some questions about the topics.
    Is science and maths hard to write a good EE on?? would you have to do a lab first and then write about it, or could you just research and write from that??

when writing the essay, should you be trying to answer a question like, "to what extent did the collapse of the Mogul Empire lead to the East India trading company's creation of an empire in India in the 19th and 18th Century?". Where you research different perspectives and come to a conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    hey there!
    i'm going mad because of my extended essay! i want to do chemistry but i'm scared it'll be too much for me (i'm doing two sciences HL plus the internal assessment is pretty similar to the EE). I just so confused! Plus, my science teachers are discouraging me to do my EE on one of the sciences because it is apparently a difficult to manage.
    and i just dont know what to do...

ReputationRep:
    so im sure im doing my ee in psycho. and i wana explore the whole notion of everyone carrying their unresolved issues of the past as baggage thing, cept u no, in psycho terms. I need help phrasing my question rite, and then i need help on what my approach shud be in writing this. like look, i write an intro, introducing the concept, the question, and its importance in the world. and then discuss studies and theories rite, but in discussing those studies and theories am i supposed to retell the entire experiment of a study, and the criticism it recieved? I need to no how to avoid going too much into description....

Anyone got any direction on the matter? Will rly appreciate it =)

ReputationRep:
    I wrote mine about the relationship between the former Salvadoran government's shortcomings in terms of economic policy and some pretty radical shifts in the public's political preferences. I really enjoyed it...and got to some pretty surprising conclusions.

However, it worries me slightly because I had no proper "Politics" advisor.

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.