Turn on thread page Beta

If you had won the lottery, what would you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this has been done before, but I just had a search for a similar thread, and nothing recent came up :confused: so decided to start one up (I normally wouldn't have done it :eek: ).

So, what would you do if you found out you won a large sum of money?

For instance, if you were me, you'd make sure the cheque was signed, verified, and safely in your hands/bank before you did anything with it

Other that than, I guess I'd use some of it for personal things - e.g. car, and the rest for building sancturies around the world to rescue animals Always has been on of my dreams

Lol got the idea for this thread from a radio station, but was wanting to post rather than start up a thread but nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt really do much different i guess.

id still go to university, still try to get a job afterwards. i'd just not have to worry about money and i could have a nice car and house etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'd treat my friends to a holiday (rather than giving them money etc) and buy some horses!! This is a regular friday afternoon at work topic!!

ReputationRep:
    I would get the biggest swimming pool ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds cliche, but I'd like to give to lots of charities and (very naively) attempt to possibly solve world problems in bono-esque manner

after that, i would splurge on me

ReputationRep:
    Well...I would actually stay on the same track as i plan to follow now...do a PhD, study volcanoes and travel the world to do so...ofcourse, it would be a lot easier to do all that studying without any of the day-to-day hassles many people put up with....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Not sure if this has been done before, but I just had a search for a similar thread, and nothing recent came up :confused: so decided to start one up (I normally wouldn't have done it :eek: ).

So, what would you do if you found out you won a large sum of money?

For instance, if you were me, you'd make sure the cheque was signed, verified, and safely in your hands/bank before you did anything with it

Other that than, I guess I'd use some of it for personal things - e.g. car, and the rest for building sancturies around the world to rescue animals Always has been on of my dreams

Lol got the idea for this thread from a radio station, but was wanting to post rather than start up a thread but nevermind.
    I would buy a really hot Maserati, an apartment at McArthur Chambers and go on heaps of holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    McArthur Chambers
    That's in Brisbane, right!? My uncle has stayed there a few times.

ReputationRep:
    Sure is, Brizvegas the city of the hot people. ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Sure is, Brizvegas the city of the hot people. ;p
    LOL I wanna go sometime!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It rocks the pants off everyone who comes here, lol.

ReputationRep:
    i would invest most of it and ensure that the money-flow never stopped

ReputationRep:
    AMSTERDAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!11

ReputationRep:
    I would pay of my parents house, buy my brother a new car, me an old banger cos I still can't drive and keep hitting things, then make sure all my family and friends were ok then use the money to help people, charities and stuff. I'd still go to Uni, cos I'd miss my mates, but it would be nice not to have the worry of money!

ReputationRep:
    apartments/villas around the world.
    But first, i'd hire necker for a couple of months to decide what i'm going to do.

ReputationRep:
    Knowing me, I'd probably put in the bank. I'm so frugel and it annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd give some of the money to the Heart foundation and Cancer research.

ReputationRep:
    roll around on the floor going crazy

then buy a decent sized house, buy stuff for parents, give some to charity then leave in bank and continue with life

ReputationRep:
    invest it, keep it for 15 years, and then live on the interest.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do the sensible thing.

Pay off all my and my sisters Uni fees

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2005
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.