Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    helo, can someone tell me about this tan is it realy good?
    im going to town later and want to buy some for my ball but dont want to waste money if its going to make me look orange lol!
    so whats it like?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    well i just googled st tropez tan, and got sttropeztan.com and the woman in the opening page, looks very very orange and that probably profesionally doen

ReputationRep:
    oh dear lol, has anyone here used st tropez and recommends it?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews68011.html its an english review site, it might help, its reviews by real people too

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who swears by it (and doesn't look in the least orange), though I haven't tried it myself.

I have read a lot of good things about it, it's supposed to be one of the best fake tans around.

ReputationRep:
    It always looks a bit 'eurotrash' to me

ReputationRep:
    iv tried it and its made so that it works with the colour of your skin tone therefore with one application it shouldnt (and for me didnt) go stupidly dark and obvious. also it has something in it that makes sure it doesnt go orange, instead you go a nice natural colour of brown, unless you keep applyin it over and over again, thats when you will go too brown. if you want a st tropez id recomend having a st tropez airport at the beauticians, its usually the same price as a bottle of st tropez from boots, but you get a professional application that way. hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by play_the_world)
    It always looks a bit 'eurotrash' to me
    Moderation is probably the key to looking relatively normal...

ReputationRep:
    yep i use it and it's very good, but not if you want to look reeeaaally dark, if that's your aim then try something else, though it is still a nice noticeable tan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    helo, can someone tell me about this tan is it realy good?
    im going to town later and want to buy some for my ball but dont want to waste money if its going to make me look orange lol!
    so whats it like?
    thanks
    St Tropez is good yeah but you gotta watch you dont rub it in too much - lifts the tint and can stain you green because of the vegetable extract

however the results are quite good its not orange more of a brown colour and you can see where you are applying the tan but the drawback of St tropez is the price.... xoxo

ReputationRep:
    If it's just for your ball then a professional application will cost the same as a bottle of the stuff and is definitely worth it if you haven't done it before. There was a girl at my ball who made Kilroy's tan look good, she was absolutely bright orange. It made my night seeing her like that, don't be in the same situation!

ReputationRep:
    I've used it, n I've got fair skin.
    I'd recommend it; it gives you [well, me, lol] an even, honey-coloured tint rather than a full-on orange "tan". Personally I think it looks really realistic, and it's easy to apply. Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone!
    i bought the bronzing mousse it was £30 but i think its working, im quite pale well my legs are, it will be noticeable enough so their not too white anymore??

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone!
    i bought the bronzing mousse it was £30 but i think its working, im quite pale well my legs are, it will be noticeable enough so their not too white anymore??
    Yeah it'll be quite subtle but you can always add more if it's not dark enough!

ReputationRep:
    thanks ive used it but im a bit streaky!! what can i do?

ReputationRep:
    thanks ive used it but im a bit streaky!! what can i do?
    Buy any women's magazine around this month and find out! Apparently the key is exfoliation (before the st tropez, obviously). I have now given up on fake tan after trying and failing to master it every summer for the last four years...far too high maintenance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by play_the_world)
    Buy any women's magazine around this month and find out! Apparently the key is exfoliation (before the st tropez, obviously). I have now given up on fake tan after trying and failing to master it every summer for the last four years...far too high maintenance
    but saves from aging and skin cancer. oh well, its the price you pay not me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    but saves from aging and skin cancer. oh well, its the price you pay not me.
    I never said I am naturally tanned. I have very fair skin and blonde hair, so I use sun block SPF 35 everyday in summer. I was merely using self tan to look tanned. By the way, self tan won't protect you from the sun, darling.

ReputationRep:
    My friend has had it done and she looks really good. She always was pale, so it does not look natural to me but i am sure it does to people who don't know her!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.