The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd pick Illinois so then I could visit Michigan.

Which place do you think would be the best to visit?

Which university is the most prestigious?
Reply 2
Which university is the most prestigious? tbh this doesnt bother me too much because simple fact is am not in oxford or cambridge and am likely to get a 2:1 or first from cardiff, so going to a lesser uni in america for a year doesnt really bother me.

erm upbeat city, but not a place that is full of jocks lol places to see and visit is key.
Reply 3
I am all for southern schools, but I would steer clear of WCU as an exchange student. I spent a summer there doing ecological research, and well...it's not for everyone. Cullowhee essentially consists of the university, and Sylva is that plus a Wal-Mart. It is VERY rural. The surrounding area is beautiful, though.

Of your options, USF has the best reputation. It's also probably the most fun school on your list. The Tampa Bay area is awesome. There is more to do/see in Florida than in pretty much all the areas of the other schools combined.
Reply 4
Western Carolina University is actually in my state, and has a reputation for being a redneck school that accepts anyone with a pulse. The mountains are beautiful though, but I agree with devil09. USF has a reputation for being a party school (don't know if that would bother you) but it beats the other schools by a longshot, at least in my opinion.

Latest

Trending

Trending