A levels Watch

This discussion is closed.
Shoaibi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I have just read somewhere in the forums about A level maths (which i will be doing) and i have been freaked out. People are saying you need at least an A in your gcse and then you might have a chance of doing well. Some said that they got A* and are struggling in their A level maths. I was just wondering what percentage you need in A level maths to get an A
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Shoaibi)
I have just read somewhere in the forums about A level maths (which i will be doing) and i have been freaked out. People are saying you need at least an A in your gcse and then you might have a chance of doing well. Some said that they got A* and are struggling in their A level maths. I was just wondering what percentage you need in A level maths to get an A
80% - although it's not the actual percentage you need on the exams, which is often lower (70-75%).

Ben
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
80% - although it's not the actual percentage you need on the exams, which is often lower (70-75%).

Ben
i got a at gcse and got a c at alevel.

but saying that i completly dossed the second year
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think it depends on the person.

Some people struggle, others rise to the challenge.

Plus, the coursework is not like English essays - its over and done with very quickly
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

I got A in maths and statistics GCSE and also just scraped a C at A level (there was only one mark in it). Maths is a difficult subject, there's no denying that. But as long as you have a good teacher and you put in the work it shouldn't be too hard.
Sammy
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

your point being!!!
Shoaibi
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
The thing is, that i really wanna do well in maths throughout my career. If i get an A or even possible an A* at gcse, and considering i concentrate hard at A level, do you reckon i can get A
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Shoaibi)
The thing is, that i really wanna do well in maths throughout my career. If i get an A or even possible an A* at gcse, and considering i concentrate hard at A level, do you reckon i can get A
Possibly - it depends who you are. Some people just find maths very inaccessible.

Ben
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got A* at GCSE and then only just managed to pass A-Level (got an E). I didn't understand a lot of the course and didn't have very good teachers, though people in the same class as me who got the same at GCSE got A grades at A-Level. I had to teach myself stats in the end as our teacher was so bad - but then I didn't put enough time into other modules, so didn't do as well as I hoped (I had hoped for at least a D but the horrid P3 exam spoiled that). It completely depends on how much work you are going to put in.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sammy)
your point being!!!
do i have to spell it out?

basically, you get out what you put in, gcse i got an a (one mark off a*). as year i got an a (just), a2 year i stopped working all together and got an e making a c overall.
Sammy
Report 15 years ago
Im doing a-level law. i was finding it great till now when we are practicing the a-level past papers. any advise?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.52%
No - I got the required grades (96)
57.83%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.65%

Watched Threads