Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just read somewhere in the forums about A level maths (which i will be doing) and i have been freaked out. People are saying you need at least an A in your gcse and then you might have a chance of doing well. Some said that they got A* and are struggling in their A level maths. I was just wondering what percentage you need in A level maths to get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shoaibi)
    I have just read somewhere in the forums about A level maths (which i will be doing) and i have been freaked out. People are saying you need at least an A in your gcse and then you might have a chance of doing well. Some said that they got A* and are struggling in their A level maths. I was just wondering what percentage you need in A level maths to get an A
    80% - although it's not the actual percentage you need on the exams, which is often lower (70-75%).

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    80% - although it's not the actual percentage you need on the exams, which is often lower (70-75%).

Ben
    i got a at gcse and got a c at alevel.

but saying that i completly dossed the second year

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the person.

Some people struggle, others rise to the challenge.

Plus, the coursework is not like English essays - its over and done with very quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

I got A in maths and statistics GCSE and also just scraped a C at A level (there was only one mark in it). Maths is a difficult subject, there's no denying that. But as long as you have a good teacher and you put in the work it shouldn't be too hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

your point being!!!

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, that i really wanna do well in maths throughout my career. If i get an A or even possible an A* at gcse, and considering i concentrate hard at A level, do you reckon i can get A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shoaibi)
    The thing is, that i really wanna do well in maths throughout my career. If i get an A or even possible an A* at gcse, and considering i concentrate hard at A level, do you reckon i can get A
    Possibly - it depends who you are. Some people just find maths very inaccessible.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    I got A* at GCSE and then only just managed to pass A-Level (got an E). I didn't understand a lot of the course and didn't have very good teachers, though people in the same class as me who got the same at GCSE got A grades at A-Level. I had to teach myself stats in the end as our teacher was so bad - but then I didn't put enough time into other modules, so didn't do as well as I hoped (I had hoped for at least a D but the horrid P3 exam spoiled that). It completely depends on how much work you are going to put in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    your point being!!!
    do i have to spell it out?

basically, you get out what you put in, gcse i got an a (one mark off a*). as year i got an a (just), a2 year i stopped working all together and got an e making a c overall.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing a-level law. i was finding it great till now when we are practicing the a-level past papers. any advise?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.