Turn on thread page Beta

how do you feel about the war on iraq??? watch

ReputationRep:
    id like to know your views on the war? and is there any one who has a friend or family member in the war like me?

ReputationRep:
    I never supported the reasons that they gave in support the war, the "weapons of mass destruction" etc. However, watching the news about how the iraqis were victimised etc by sadam, I support it under the principle of human rights

however, i totally objected to the anti-war protests which took place once we'd sent people out there. the fact is, you protest before people get sent off to war, and perhaps after they get back, but not while they're out there risking their lives. the lat thing they need out there is to hear on the radio about marches up the mall, the burning of flags and such. a great morale booster that!

one thing though, y is it only the yanks who seem to suffer casualties due to ambushes, and the only ones to injure the iraqi people? from what i understand the brits out there face just as many anti-west attacks, but they manage to escape fairly unscathed. most infact seem to be hit by the US people! its clear who has the better forces!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josie)
    id like to know your views on the war? and is there any one who has a friend or family member in the war like me?
    what war

ReputationRep:
    i personally feel that it was completely unnessasary..................... .. they cud have just gone and killed saddam and left the rest of the country alone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josie)
    yea....im not sure what i feel, its my instinct to trust people, even george bush.......but i dont kno inside i just cringe every time i hear about a new casualty

even tho i kno that they (the iraqi people) are better off without sadam after all the fighting is done

did that make sense
    ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i personally feel that it was completely unnessasary..................... .. they cud have just gone and killed saddam and left the rest of the country alone!
    i agree even tho its hard to do it the usa could well have planned something instead of destroying the whole country!
    it just makes us think.........what were their true intentions? removing saddam...i think not.....WMD? where are they then??????
    what does it leave us with?

Oil
    Control of Middle East
    Diversion from the domestic affairs of USA.....hmmmm isnt it funny Mr G.W Bush has an election coming up??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    its against the law in the us to assasinate a sorveirgn countries leader....so we had to declare war.....thats just how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    what war
    its really interesting you say that bcoz a lot of people have "forgotton" about it in some ways when people continue to die........ill b interested to see hutton enquiry results tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    its against the law in the us to assasinate a sorveirgn countries leader....so we had to declare war.....thats just how it goes
    not being cynical....but is it ok to invade a soveriegn country pre-empitevely......despite not having UN backing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    i agree even tho its hard to do it the usa could well have planned something instead of destroying the whole country!
    it just makes us think.........what were their true intentions? removing saddam...i think not.....WMD? where are they then??????
    what does it leave us with?

Oil
    Control of Middle East
    Diversion from the domestic affairs of USA.....hmmmm isnt it funny Mr G.W Bush has an election coming up??????
    honestly guys: its NOT oil.....my dad works for chevron texaco and he tells me the stuff iraq has is stuff no1 wants its the crudest oil in the world......and when we invaded kuwait in the 1990s not a DROP of their oil went to us.....and they have natural gas.........so honestly why would we steal iraqs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    not being cynical....but is it ok to invade a soveriegn country pre-empitevely......despite not having UN backing?
    yes but its not against the USAs law......we dont HAVE to do what the UN tells us, most the time we do, but its not like the UN RULES us

as long as our congress says we can go to war; we can go to war THATS THE LAW

ReputationRep:
    yes but its not against the USAs law......we dont HAVE to do what the UN tells us, most the time we do, but its not like the UN RULES us

as long as our congress says we can go to war; we can go to war THATS THE LAW
    ok calm down! im not attacking you! im just saying its a bit stupid to say that you cant kill one man despite the atrocities and crimes he has committed but its ok to pre-empitively stike a whole country and destroy it!

ReputationRep:
    so is killin a thousand just to get rid of one a gud thing???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    exactly my point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    its our law.....i dont want to kill any civilians either, but you have to understand its hard to find the people that are blowing up car bombs and explosives on OUR bases while their ASLEEP not to mention those people are also killing innocent iraqis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    exactly my point!
    i personally call george bush a terrorist..................... he brutally murdered ppl in Afghanistan and iraq just for revenge................ over sumthing with NO evidence

ReputationRep:
    honestly guys: its NOT oil.....my dad works for chevron texaco and he tells me the stuff iraq has is stuff no1 wants its the crudest oil in the world......and when we invaded kuwait in the 1990s not a DROP of their oil went to us.....and they have natural gas.........so honestly why would we steal iraqs?
    Also isnt it funny how Bush is "punishing" countries by nopt giving them contracts in Iraq?? e.g. Canada, France those countries that opposed the war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    Also isnt it funny how Bush is "punishing" countries by nopt giving them contracts in Iraq?? e.g. Canada, France those countries that opposed the war.
    hmmmmm.............it is isn't it....

ReputationRep:
    its our law.....i dont want to kill any civilians either, but you have to understand its hard to find the people that are blowing up car bombs and explosives on OUR bases while their ASLEEP not to mention those people are also killing innocent iraqis
    they werent blowing up your bases before the war! if you werent there in the first place no one would be blowing you up!

Iraq had WMD? so does north korea why not bomb them? perhaps Bush is scared of starting a NUCLEAR WAR.

Iraq had a criminal leader? Many other countries do too....so you gonna bomb them all to "liberate" the people.....ie take their oil, give out contracts to ur buddies who backed you up!

how pathetic! dont get me wrong i have nothing against americans...but george bush is just a complete idiot....and his government must think we're stupid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i personally call george bush a terrorist..................... he brutally murdered ppl in Afghanistan and iraq just for revenge................ over sumthing with NO evidence
    he didnt brutally murder people in afghanistan or iraq, we dont want to kill any civilians

and bush isnt punishing any other country for not backing him....he just feels (and so do i) that people who didnt help to take saddam out shouldnt be making ANy kind of money off this.....

dont get me wrong im a liberal, but im also american and i have to stand up for my country

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.