Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ohhh!!! im sooo frustrated! im trying to pack my room and i dont know what to take. i can only take as much as i can carry!!

anyone else got the same prob?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    ohhh!!! im sooo frustrated! im trying to pack my room and i dont know what to take. i can only take as much as i can carry!!

Hehe I got my dad to come pick me up!!! He was meant to be here by now, but got stuck on the M25, which is a good job cos I have hardly packed. I hate packing! There is only one thing thats worse, and thats unpacking!!

ReputationRep:
    I hate you all with a passion I am here for another week!!

ReputationRep:
    I had to pack up my whole room and get out completely. It was awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picju96)
    I had to pack up my whole room and get out completely. It was awful.
    tht would be fine cos then i could just take everything and then maybe my parents might have come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    tht would be fine cos then i could just take everything and then maybe my parents might have come!
    I'd never manage to get all my stuff home on the train! So far I have 1 holdall with dirty washing, one suitcase with clean stuff and hairdryer, bathroom stuff etc in, a laptop, a box with all my books and work in and cd's, and all my xmas shopping that i have done!!! Plus i'm taking my TV and stereo home as well. Think i'd need a whole carriage to myself!!!

ReputationRep:
    tell me about it. When i left uni in my first yr mum and dad had to hire a 6ft trailer to fit my stuff in. After 3 yrs it took 6 car journeys.

ReputationRep:
    My dad came to pick me up, so carrying it was no problem. the only problem was packing, since everything had to go (they chuck us all out including room contents to make space for applicants), so i ended up having a lot of stuff in plastic bags (which i still haven't unpacked!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    tell me about it. When i left uni in my first yr mum and dad had to hire a 6ft trailer to fit my stuff in. After 3 yrs it took 6 car journeys.
    I think when I finish this year and have to move out of halls I might need my parents to bring up both cars to get all my stuff home! I seem to have aquired quite a lot since moving in here - and i've only been here a term!!!

ReputationRep:
    was a nightmare tracking down dvd's etc, they were spread out alover the uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    was a nightmare tracking down dvd's etc, they were spread out alover the uni!
    have you been out spreading your seed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

NOPE !

God bless 38 week contracts rather than 31 week ones.

ReputationRep:
    god bless 700 pounds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    god bless 700 pounds!
    ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    NOPE !

God bless 38 week contracts rather than 31 week ones.
    hooray!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    ???
    7 weeks x £100 rent a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    7 weeks x £100 rent a week
    ah ok. we pay £670 a term of 8 weeks, £83 a week

ReputationRep:
    well I am going back early for the library so I am really glad that we dont have to move out in the hols.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Not when you have to fly home with a 20kg allowance though!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.