Turn on thread page Beta

ne1 made/making money on ebay? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've made a little bit of profit on eBay, not much tho! I'm selling Oasis tickets there and so far they are....a penny Still never mind!

ReputationRep:
    Remember you guys, take in account of the ebay listing fees and paypal surcharges. Ebay and paypal actually rip you off a lot, there are other sites and services which are much cheaper, but unpopular

I have personally been able to make £200+ from selling rio 10X 20gb mp3 players which I imported. (Taxes taken account of).
    I've sold watches and jewelry.

I bought 100 sim cards, but its not worth selling now as the big distributors are just forcing small sellers to exit the market. But does anyone want to buy some off me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    Wouldn't bother with those guides, they seem like a ripoff.

I made about £1500 by buying phones from a large mobile phone network at a good price and then unlocking and selling them on eBay. They've upped their prices and restricted the number of phones each person can buy now though - must have done at least 70 phones over 3 months.

You just have to be in the right place at the right time to take advantage
    Where did you buy the phones from? Overseas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se77en)
    you sound like someone who searches for money making ideas...... well iv got one for you if you pos rep me. That goes for anyone!
    Yeah I saw ur post in Careers, have already repped someone today so I'll do you tomorrow cos I'm intrigued what ur scheme is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gordon2002)
    Nope a UK mobile phone network's online shop :laugh:

Had to order each one individually as well so some days I had a courier coming with 14 boxes for me

ReputationRep:
    O forgot to answer the main question. DON'T buy the e-book/guides, they are a complete rip-off. Even the wholesale, dropship ones, sellers will say that they have bought many before and know they have been useless and they will somehow guarantee that theirs is superior, but its not. They will tempt you with money back guarantee, but even if you're not satisfied, you end too lazy to get your money back.

ReputationRep:
    In the last few years, Ive made about £10k net profit, selling phones, computers, ipods, etc. I started off just selling cheap highstreet stuff, like the cheap Nokia 7600s, and made a killing. Then Dell PCs, and again, made HUGE % profits. Ive also made a few £K's with organised gambling.
    Im setting up a internet based service in the holidays, which I wont disclose for obvious reasons, but I hope it will be lucrative, since Ive got a lot riding on it.
    Who said you have to work hard for money?

Just a little hint: DONT buy those silly ebay items, that apparently give you information about suppliers and so called dropshippers(which I advise everyone to avoid like the plague). Anyone that has a good supplier wont tell anyone about them, for anything.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I saw ur post in Careers, have already repped someone today so I'll do you tomorrow cos I'm intrigued what ur scheme is
    Ok but its not a scheme.... i make money from it every day because its impossible to lose money. It won't make you a millionaire.... but I'm living off it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope a UK mobile phone network's online shop :laugh:

Had to order each one individually as well so some days I had a courier coming with 14 boxes for me
    online shop in the UK?!?!?!?! And you made profit. Its usually hard to make profit purchasing from an online shop, even so, a network!

Do you want to give me the link?

ReputationRep:
    www.dodgystolenphones.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gordon2002)
    No. CPW were selling Nokia 7600's for £40 each, with a simcard with £15 loaded. You could sell them for £100-140 easily in the early days.
    I got in early and made a few grand, but eventually everyone started selling them, and the market was flooded. So near the end, prices were not going above £60.

ReputationRep:
    www.dodgystolenphones.com
    the link doesn't work my friend

ReputationRep:
    oh right.... try www.you-are-gullible.com

ReputationRep:
    My mum is an eBay fanatic. She's always buying and selling, but I'm certain she's making a loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    No. CPW were selling Nokia 7600's for £40 each, with a simcard with £15 loaded. You could sell them for £100-140 easily in the early days.
    I got in early and made a few grand, but eventually everyone started selling them, and the market was flooded. So near the end, prices were not going above £60.
    oh right, I see. Generally what is your 10K per year made from? Do you import most of your products?

ReputationRep:
    oh right.... try www.you-are-gullible.com
    no i'm afraid not :p:

ReputationRep:
    No I dont import anything. Im too small scale for that. I didnt have the time either with the presures of A2 level. Importing just leaves you open to getting screwed over. I prefer to buy from a supplier that takes that risk for me.
    I have a supplier that is local(which is lucky), who sells me end of line stuff (the stuff you get it sales, but much, much cheaper. Recently I got a palate of designer jeans, T-shirts etc, for 7.5% of the retail value! Clothes are usually a bad idea, but this time, it was really good quality stuff. For example, I got 7 2004 season evisu jeans, that cost an equivalent of £7 each! (these cost £120 each in the shops). I also get gym equipment(which have been in high demand recently), electrical goods, etc.
    I also still sell computers and electrical items which I just get from web sites that sell them well below their "ebay value". Anyone can do this, and its really easy. Its how I started.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.