Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if you won £1,000,000 on the lottery? watch

ReputationRep:
    i thought it might be a good conversation that isnt to do with sex!

ReputationRep:
    i would go to a shop and ask to change it for 100,000,000 1p peices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i would go to a shop and ask to change it for 100,000,000 1p peices
    what about 100000000 penny sweets?

personally id buy a nice house, nice car, give some of it away, buy things for ppl, then live off the intrest

ReputationRep:
    i would have a huge street party & invite everyone i know nah i'd just invite everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    what about 100000000 penny sweets?
    that would be the next step. or i would buy 1 1p sweet, and ask for the change (if only £1,000,000 notes existed!)

ReputationRep:
    Burn it. Money is the root of all evil!!! HERITICS!!!!!

Or maybe not. I would buy my dad a Porsche 911, then invest in property, stock market, ventures. Oh, gotta buy a Penthouse.

ReputationRep:
    I'd start up my own business, and then with the profits, try and improve the world as much as i possibly could.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest with you £1,000,000 doesn't get you very far nowadays.

I'd probably buy myself a nice car, maybe buy a TV and then invest £500,000 in the stock market and give the change to charity, because it is a miracle to win the lottery, because it is fixed. So i may as well help someone else as something would have helped me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    To be honest with you £1,000,000 doesn't get you very far nowadays.

I'd probably buy myself a nice car, maybe buy a TV and then invest £500,000 in the stock market and give the change to charity, because it is a miracle to win the lottery, because it is fixed. So i may as well help someone else as something would have helped me.
    i wud buy you a comfy chair so it doesnt hurt your back sitting at the computer all day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    I'd start up my own business, and then with the profits, try and improve the world as much as i possibly could.
    *cough blatant lie cough*

how many businessmen do you know that put their profits into "improving the world"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

how many businessmen do you know that put their profits into "improving the world"?
    thats true, people like branson, gates etc..shud give people like me more money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

I know of quite a few. Bill Gates does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

Well, i will, when i become a businessman.
    The PPU isn't a fad, its a philosophy of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I know of quite a few. Bill Gates does.
    how?

and the name the others..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    how?

and the name the others..
    This isn't a lie, but my Dad is a member of a charity group and the group were raising money for Polio and Bill Gates offered to give 3 times the amount of money that the group collected in total. It was peanuts to Bill Gates, but at least it's better than him just keeping it all to himself. I'm sure he's involved with other charities as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    This isn't a lie, but my Dad is a member of a charity group and the group were raising money for Polio and Bill Gates offered to give 3 times the amount of money that the group collected in total. It was peanuts to Bill Gates, but at least it's better than him just keeping it all to himself. I'm sure he's involved with other charities as well.

Isn't there a Bill Gates fund that puts kids through college in the states?

Oh, and Ollie, after you've bought a house and a car and given money away I'm not sure you'd be able to live off the interest from what's left...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Isn't there a Bill Gates fund that puts kids through college in the states?

Oh, and Ollie, after you've bought a house and a car and given money away I'm not sure you'd be able to live off the interest from what's left...!
    Exactly, as i said before £1,000,000 doesn't go very far nowadays. You can't even buy a nice flat in some places for that sort of money; let alone a house.

ReputationRep:
    its a fact, theres more chance of all life being wiped out by the metiorite currently approaching in the general direction of earth in 2008, than winning the jackpot. the odds it will hit us is 1 in 8million, compared to nearly 1 in 14million for winning the jackpot. anyone want to take those odds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    its a fact, theres more chance of all life being wiped out by the metiorite currently approaching in the general direction of earth in 2008, than winning the jackpot. the odds it will hit us is 1 in 8million, compared to nearly 1 in 14million for winning the jackpot. anyone want to take those odds?
    The odds of getting the 6 numbers is something like 49 million in fact (correct me if i'm wrong i haven't got a calculator with me at the moment. I know it's 49!/6!43!)

ReputationRep:
    put enough away to pay for my younger cousins and sisters uni fees
    pay off any loans my parents have mortgage etc.

save enough for travelling around the world and then the rest to wateraid and amnesty international.

but in practice i prob wuold succumb to the temptation of a better PC, TV, DVDS etc but i would try to resist it, spend it all as quickly as possible.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.