Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi jus needed some info ..

u no like ppl say it's alwayz good to do extra work so it can me written about in your personal statement .. when applyign for medicene would thigns like ..

charity work .. and a first aid course be useful to state? cuz i waz thiknig bout startin the first aid course this week ...

also is there n e other thigns wihc can be useful to do?

thansk alot

ReputationRep:
    Like being dedicated enough to read around this forum for 1000 treads like that, find other forums for medical students and do some google serch? I do not want to be nasty but it is good to show some initiative. To answer your question, charity work is good, first aid is good as well anything that have sth to do with helping people is fine. Get some work experience and simply read around the subject so you have sth to talk about in the interviu.

ReputationRep:
    Helping people good, being lazy bad! i did lots of voluntary work within my own community working with children with learning disablities and children from disadvantged backgrounds. Evidnce of teamworking skills also essentail!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.