The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Primary PGCE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Am also expecting the worse. Want to start the weekend on a good note. Does anybody know how often it gets updated? is it only once a day or is it more than that? x
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 81
Thanks for that! I appreciate the reassurance. I think some of us are now worried as it is nearly 4 weeks and someone who had their interview a week later heard yesterday. Fingers crossed for today!
Reply 82
Original post by MaireadM
Thanks for that! I appreciate the reassurance. I think some of us are now worried as it is nearly 4 weeks and someone who had their interview a week later heard yesterday. Fingers crossed for today!

Yeah i can understand, but try not to worry, they took nearly 3 weeks for us, and we were the first group of interviews so they said "you'll probably hear quicker than normal as we don't have a backlog of people to reply to"....still took that long!! Don't worry, got my fingers crossed for you, let me know when you hear :smile:
How did you find the interview?
Im hoping they are also going to actually confirm places too, altbhough i got my offer, it is on the condition of their being space, so although i know that nationwide primary has gone up by 6%, would still be nice to actually be told that for this course!!

:smile: x
Thanks for the reassurance. It's so awful isn't it? I just want to know. Like you said if you havent got in you want to know so you can send it to your second choice. Please let it be today!!
Ps why were you told only if there is a space? Is that what they are saying to everyone? x
Reply 85
Thanks jmlm! I did wonder if waiting for the announcement on places to be made had impacted on the decision process.

I felt quite positive after the interview. I thought all of my group did really well and I couldn't identify anyone with a better or worse chance but you never know what they are looking for I guess.

Will keep you posted.
Reply 86
Original post by lionnotamouse
Ps why were you told only if there is a space? Is that what they are saying to everyone? x

Hi Lion,
If you look at the person who got there offer yesterday, she was told a conditional offer further to health and CRB checks so that seems a bit firmer. Maybe now they know the allocation of places they can be more definite? Just guessing really :s-smilie:
Reply 87
[QUOTE="MaireadM;29723351"]Thanks jmlm! I did wonder if waiting for the announcement on places to be made had impacted on the decision process.

I felt quite positive after the interview. I thought all of my group did really well and I couldn't identify anyone with a better or worse chance but you never know what they are looking for I guess.

Will keep you posted.[/QUOTE

Yeah i felt the same about our interviews, all the presentations were good and very individual so it was hard to compare really!

I dont think they announcement would have delayed the decisions generally (Tho i guess it may have done with yours if they felt it was really close to the announcement) as they were giving out offers that were conditional on the basis of there being enough places But maybe they are keeping yours until they have exact allocation to save them having to say that condition and then writing like the next day to say actually that condition has gone now as we have enough places!!
(dont know if that all made sense....i knew what i meant hahaha)! xx
Reply 88
Original post by lionnotamouse

My offer was conditional subject to CRB and health clearance (which is what it said on GTTR website) then in the offer letter that came a couple of days letter it also said that it was subject to availiability when they allocations came through, or something along those lines. Basically you have a place if we have enough places when they are allocated! so still just waiting for confirmation that my place exists, if that makes sense?
Reply 89
Original post by MaireadM
Hi Lion,
If you look at the person who got there offer yesterday, she was told a conditional offer further to health and CRB checks so that seems a bit firmer. Maybe now they know the allocation of places they can be more definite? Just guessing really :s-smilie:

My offer was conditional subject to CRB and health clearance (which is what it said on GTTR website) then in the offer letter that came a couple of days letter it also said that it was subject to availiability when they allocations came through, or something along those lines. Basically you have a place if we have enough places when they are allocated! so still just waiting for confirmation that my place exists, if that makes sense?

So that person may still have that condition because mine doesn't state it on the GTTR website, just in the letter. But once they have the allocations (which someone said went to the unis at midnight last night, as notthingham uni have started confirming their places) then they should be able to start giving out offers that are just subject to health and CRB clearances. If that makes sense?
Ah I see. Thank you! :smile:
Reply 91
Anything anyone?
no, not a peep from GTTR! my interview was in the morning on 12th, i don't think it's a coincidence none of the first week interview batch haven't heard back yet, must just be the order they're processing the replies.

does anyone know if the £4000 primary teaching grant has officially been scrapped by the government, just read on another thread on here....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29722093&highlight=training%20and%20bursary

that only certain secondary teaching grants are being kept but primary is scrapped?? any info greatly appreciated!! xx
Reply 93
Oh joy! So we're £4000 down if we get in? Fantabulous! Oh well!

Must be - maybe it does update once a day or something which is why some heard last night but nothing today. Kinda wanted to know before 5pm - guessing that won't happen!

Again any info on the bursary situation would be fab xx
Reply 94
Have just called Oxford Brookes and was told that the decisions are being processed and so should update overnight at the latest! They said that there was a large amount of paperwork that went over together and that is probably why 1 batch got processed before ours. Not sure it has helped to ring but......

Re: bursaries - not sure! There was no mention of primary on the TDA website but I am sure I saw on Oxford Brookes somewhere that primary get £6000. I will have another look........
Reply 95
Found this on the Oxford Brookes website:

http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying/finance/support/pg_home

Look under other sources of funding and scroll down. Def suggests that primary get £6000.
That's good to hear hopefully we'll all know by the end of today then! :smile:

Oh thanks! £6000 is def better than £4000!

Is it just secondary teacher training were grants are being cut then? Apparently it's only been announced in the last few days on TDA website, my friend e-mailed me these links few hours ago ..

http://www.tda.gov.uk/about/latest-announcements/itt-places-bursaries-2011-12.aspx

http://www.tda.gov.uk/~/media/resources/about/letter_from_michael_gove_to_tda_on_teacher_training_places.pdf
Reply 97
We will not be getting any bursary for the Primary PGCE. In the letter that Gove wrote to the TDA he said that the only courses to get fudning will be maths, chemistry, engineering and physics secondary that will get £9000, general science and modern lang secondary will get £6000, everybody else gets nothing unfortunately!!
oh god that's what I thought when I read that letter :frown: .....no more grant

no idea how i'll fund this year even if I do get in now, haven't been able to save anything this year as I've been trying to get experience for PGCE - better start doing to lottery i think! xx
Reply 99
Has anyone else heard?

I think they must be working backwards through the interviews. I don't know anyone else who was on my interview day, but that's what it looks like.

You guys on the 12th will be hearing any hour now I reckon as I don't think there were that many people having interviews (if at all) between the 12th and the 18th.

Unfortunately if you have read Gove's letter it does say that due to spending cuts primary pgce students will receive a big fat nothing in the way of a teaching grant, and there is no more "golden hello" when we have qualified!! Sucks somewhat.

I'm not sure whether Brookes do their own funding/scholarships. I have no clue about the £6000...

I have my fingers crossed for you all!!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending