Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm probably the only farmer on TSR. Am I right?

ReputationRep:
    LOL u made me smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesser weevil)
    Farmers are cool, I know loads of farmers. Mind you, the TSR population is on the whole uncool, so that probably why there aren't that many farmers who enjoy catching sheep and driving tractors.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    My Grandad and all his ancesotrs were farmers. And my Mum was the last person to be born actually in his farm house to this day (Sadly the farm was passed on to my Grandads brother, then onto his chidlrena nd finally sold off to have the farm house and all the barns converted into houses a couple of years ago.

Loads of my Mums cousins are still farmers though even now

ReputationRep:
    My grandad uses my back garden as a vegetable farm :eek:

yup. and im probably the only sparky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inequality)
    Farmers are cool, I know loads of farmers. Mind you, the TSR population is on the whole uncool, so that probably why there aren't that many farmers who enjoy catching sheep and driving tractors.
    Well there aren't many farmers who actually ENJOY catching sheep...
    hehehe!

ReputationRep:
    im a farmer at heart all my mates are

ReputationRep:
    Well there aren't many farmers who actually ENJOY catching sheep...
    hehehe!
    If you don't enjoy catching sheep, then you're not a real farmer. My friend catches about 300 a day. He a total sheep catching pro. I admire him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidAngel)
    yup. and im probably the only sparky
    Ok, before you say, it, I be dumb - but what's a sparky...?

Ok, before you say, it, I be dumb - but what's a sparky...?
    electrician

ReputationRep:
    I've got a chicken and 5 chicks...can I be called a Mini-Farmer? :fisheye:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    If you don't enjoy catching sheep, then you're not a real farmer. My friend catches about 300 a day. He a total sheep catching pro. I admire him.
    Only not a real sheep farmer. My Grandad was more of a Dairy farmer and had some pigs and chickens too. But as far as I can tell he had no sheep :p:

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah? Well I only catch my sheep when they need to be caught... e.g. when I have to clip their toenails, when they gotta be dosed, when they gotta be sheared, etc. etc. And that is NOT every day... more like once a month. And it ain't my favourite part of sheep farming - my favourite part is lambing...

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah? Well I only catch my sheep when they need to be caught... e.g. when I have to clip their toenails, when they gotta be dosed, when they gotta be sheared, etc. etc. And that is NOT every day... more like once a month. And it ain't my favourite part of sheep farming - my favourite part is lambing...
    No my friend practises, so his skills are fine tuned ready for when the job needs to be done. He has practised so much that his arms are now each 6ft long, and he can run at a top speed of 120km/h.

No my friend practises, so his skills are fine tuned ready for when the job needs to be done. He has practised so much that his arms are now each 6ft long, and he can run at a top speed of 120km/h.
    i doubt anyone could run that fast

ReputationRep:
    I love farmers they are totally cool! I have a lot of respect for them

I enjoyed my lambing too (I've only done one so far)! Was really surprised that the sheep could still run around so quickly in their state. I mean, they are supposed to be heavily pregnant and resting! Yeah I shoulda known better... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidAngel)
    i doubt anyone could run that fast
    haha - you doubt anyone could run that fast but you don't doubt that his arms are 6ft long? hehe

ReputationRep:
    I'd really want to be a farmer, hard work thought huh, go you.

ReputationRep:
    My dads a poultry farmer! I have thousands of chickens in my back garden!!! Can anyone beat that! Lol!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.