Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just been doing a bit of C4 revision, and i am getting more and more worried. I cant seem to do any of the questions! I've just forgotten everything, i should have concentrated less on the other modules...

Anyway, to the question. If i got 100% for C1, M1, M2, 95% for C2 and 85-90% for C3, what percentage would i need (very roughly) in C4 to get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riddles55)
    Just been doing a bit of C4 revision, and i am getting more and more worried. I cant seem to do any of the questions! I've just forgotten everything, i should have concentrated less on the other modules...

Anyway, to the question. If i got 100% for C1, M1, M2, 95% for C2 and 85-90% for C3, what percentage would i need (very roughly) in C4 to get an A overall?
    If, as you say, you get:
    100 in C1,M1,M2.
    95 in C2.
    85 in C3.

You will need (80x6)-(100x3)-95-85=0 in C4 :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't advise you to test that though, just in case you don't get what you predict.
    I'm sure you can get at least 50% in C4.

ReputationRep:
    You need 0%

ReputationRep:
    Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still gonna revise like **** tho...

I love you guys!

ReputationRep:
    however u can flunk a whole subject if u get a U in any of your modules, so you basically need to aim for an E, which is 40%

don't quote me on that though, i think it may depend upon the exam board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Dunc)
    however u can flunk a whole subject if u get a U in any of your modules, so you basically need to aim for an E, which is 40%

don't quote me on that though, i think it may depend upon the exam board.
    I heard about that. I think it might be an edexcel policy.

ReputationRep:
    better get revising then...

ReputationRep:
    It may sound difficult atm but when u read the method of how things are done and try some questions, it will gradually come back.

Try not to panic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seankhn)
    I heard about that. I think it might be an edexcel policy.
    If it is it is new in this year because i failed p2 last year but still got D overall so news to me if its but dont quote me on that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody1)
    If it is it is new in this year because i failed p2 last year but still got D overall so news to me if its but dont quote me on that!
    Someone told me you have to get at least a D (50/100) on each module or they don't give you the award. I'm doing AQA computing and my computing teacher hadn't heard anything about it, which makes me think it's an edexcel policy.

Having said that, I got a D in chemistry last year and that was with a U in unit 2 and that was edexcel, so perhaps it's just a maths thing? Or just an A-Level policy and not an AS policy?

ReputationRep:
    Someone told me you have to get at least a D (50/100) on each module or they don't give you the award. I'm doing AQA computing and my computing teacher hadn't heard anything about it, which makes me think it's an edexcel policy.

Having said that, I got a D in chemistry last year and that was with a U in unit 2 and that was edexcel, so perhaps it's just a maths thing? Or just an A-Level policy and not an AS policy?
    How can it be that you don't get an award without a D in each module? How on earth would they give someone an E grade if that were so?

ReputationRep:

Whats the point on the ums then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    How can it be that you don't get an award without a D in each module? How on earth would they give someone an E grade if that were so?
    Come to think of it, it might only apply to people getting A's. I think if you're getting an A, you need at least a D in every module.

ReputationRep:
    Come to think of it, it might only apply to people getting A's. I think if you're getting an A, you need at least a D in every module.
    Seems like a funny bloody rule.

But I can believe that it is true as exam boards are funny bloody outfits.

Anyway: D = 50/100

I am sure anyone who has worked through the C4 text book can get at least 50% if not more like 65.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.