Turn on thread page Beta

Greatest band ever? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i like simon and garfunkel particularly the sound if silence
    I love em. Sound of Silence, Mrs Robinson, Hazy Shade of Winter, Cecelia etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Boyzone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Boyzone
    Argh!!

not again...

ReputationRep:
    depends how you define greatest... muse are my favourite band yet i don't think they're the ultimate band. pink floyd rank pretty highly as do radiohead. awesomeness.

ReputationRep:
    I think there are so many great bands it's damn near impossible to choose! Probably the Beatles, esp their later stuff; it was so well formed musically. Queen are fabulous too, i like I Want To Break Free the best lalala! I love Led Zep and Cream too. And Radiohead are pretty phenomenal. It's too hard!

Current favourite bands (though not necessarily the greatests bands!) are Muse, The Libertines, The Darkness, Hot Hot Heat, The Strokes, Interpol, the Stills and Stellastarr. The Bandits and the Coral are excellent too. Anyone agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    depends how you define greatest... muse are my favourite band yet i don't think they're the ultimate band. pink floyd rank pretty highly as do radiohead. awesomeness.
    Yes, Pink Floyd are excellent! I forgot them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)

Current favourite bands (though not necessarily the greatests bands!) are Muse, The Libertines, The Darkness, The Strokes, Interpol, the Stills and Stellastarr. and the Coral are excellent too. Anyone agree?
    yes yes yes, add at the drive in, RHCP, fugazi, black rebel motorcycle club, jet, the D4 and a few others to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Argh!!

not again...
    but then thee is also awesome artists like Meatloaf, Tom Jones and bands like nirvana and Radiohead. It depends what mood you are in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    but then thee is also awesome artists like Meatloaf, Tom Jones and bands like nirvana and Radiohead. It depends what mood you are in
    It does, just so long as people please leave country and pop out of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    yes yes yes, add at the drive in, RHCP, fugazi, black rebel motorcycle club, jet, the D4 and a few others to that
    Yes, totally! I like Jet and BRMC in particular. Who are the bets band you've seen live? I saw the Libertines and they wer pretty amazing! The Coral are damn-near perfect live too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    Btw, are you at uni in Bristol? If so I've got a place there to do Biochemistry! I'll probably go if I get the grades too (as only other I'd take over it is Cambridge and judging by the quality of my interview that won't be an option!)

ReputationRep:
    oasis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurt44)
    oasis
    Omg, how could I forget them?! Def Maybe = the best I think. Though maybe morning glory??? hm....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    Btw, are you at uni in Bristol? If so I've got a place there to do Biochemistry! I'll probably go if I get the grades too (as only other I'd take over it is Cambridge and judging by the quality of my interview that won't be an option!)
    nah im at college, i saw the coral here, they were really good live. kings of leon are in town soon, but they are sold out! i might have to go stand outside and hope someone sells me a ticket

seen black rebel twice now, last time got to meet the bass player, that was a good night

ReputationRep:
    Led Zeppelin by a long way.

ReputationRep:
    Led Zep. or The Smashing Pumpkins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)

yea sometimes it really depends on ur mood, althot u mite be heavy rock listeners, somtimes u ll mite find urself listening som senti pops hehe
    well it happened to me,

ReputationRep:
    dont know about bands but my favourate all time singer has to be eva cassidy, i love her voice its beautiful! favourate rapper/hip hop has got to be 2pac and mos def, favourate pop band WESTLIFE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Boyzone
    yay!! boyzone rock!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    yay!! boyzone rock!!!

lol when did boyzone start rocking??

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.