Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just revised AS and A2 physics in a day:eek:

good luck with your exams tomorrow people - now off to do a few papers

Pk

ReputationRep:
    i only revised synthesis and analogies!...but am gonna do the papers now...hopefully get my memory back after doin the questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DmAsTeR)
    i only revised synthesis and analogies!...but am gonna do the papers now...hopefully get my memory back after doin the questions!
    they are weird, no? the markschemes are so inflexible:eek: - hope they mark with less harshness in the real paper though!

Anyone now what %age of the raw marks in the synoptic is an A?

i'm worried sick about it; heard its lower than 75% raw score; is that true?

pk

ReputationRep:
    check last years examiner report off the edexcel website mite give u a rough idea of how much it is to get an A

ReputationRep:
    Well direct from the mark schemes, the raw mark for An A is usualy around 60/80. Seems to change a lot, some years its 62 or a bit higher, other years its been as low as 52-54. It seems the boundary between an A and B in raw marks is tiny, some years its only 5 marks

ReputationRep:
    last year wasnt it something like 39/80 for an E!

In my opinion for an E that is a tad too high its like 50% ( almost )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplecrayon)
    last year wasnt it something like 39/80 for an E!

In my opinion for an E that is a tad too high its like 50% ( almost )
    thats the scary thing - if u lose a few marks you suddenly drop a grade - all u need (well dont want in exam) is one big question u dont understand and thats it yr screwed !
    eg in some phy6 paper it had kinetic theory of ideal gas :eek:
    i done that last year , i cant remember a thing bout that
    i kno its synoptic so i should kno it but OMG, i aint got the time right now to look back at last years stuff :eek:

Edit: did i mention im reeeaaaalllllyyy SCARED :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    im going for 90-100%, probs get 80%. Aim high everyone, i used to aim low and got lower. Since i've been aiming for 97-100%, i've been doing better. All you need is confidence and learn the work.

ReputationRep:
    I still need to learn the particle accelerators, but thatll only take a short time. Ive been revising for the whole day since 9 in the morning with only breaks for lunch, dinner and to come on the computer to scan these forums every couple of hours... and its all been economics! I think I am a bit overconfident in physics synoptic !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    I still need to learn the particle accelerators, but thatll only take a short time. Ive been revising for the whole day since 9 in the morning with only breaks for lunch, dinner and to come on the computer to scan these forums every couple of hours... and its all been economics! I think I am a bit overconfident in physics synoptic !
    most of your answers on here is spot on, i think you will smack it and get a v.good grade. I need to learn analogies and the meaning of binding energy. Some practice questions tomorow at 9 then i should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the total UMS this will be scaled up/down to? I am wondering if I could already have an A before I go into this exam.. :-\.. assuming PHY4 and PHY5 went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    Do you know the total UMS this will be scaled up/down to? I am wondering if I could already have an A before I go into this exam.. :-\.. assuming PHY4 and PHY5 went well
    How did you get in AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    That was my situation in my media exam i had 500 ums before i went into the exam.

however, its kind of impossible for physics as

phy6 has a "weight" of 120 UMS

phy4 + phy5 = 180 UMS
    PHY1 + PHY 2 = 180 UMS
    PHY3 = 120UMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BCHL85)
    How did you get in AS?
    296 at AS

ReputationRep:
    Hey, same as me

ReputationRep:
    i scraped an A at AS!!! - messed up in unit 3 big time...but resat it this summer, so it hopefully went up

i looked at the boundaries for the last summers paper, and it appears it was 66% of raw score marks, for an A - is that correct? That is unreal

pk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    i scraped an A at AS!!! - messed up in unit 3 big time...but resat it this summer, so it hopefully went up

i looked at the boundaries for the last summers paper, and it appears it was 66% of raw score marks, for an A - is that correct? That is unreal

pk
    they'll make it harder this year. Last years paper was a joke [ i think it was last year]

"state the energy change, chemical ->k.e" lol

16 marks on a really easy question
    i aced the 30 mark question in my mock too.

ReputationRep:
    What is binding energy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    What is binding energy?
    The energy released when an atom seperates into 2 smaller ["daugther"] atoms. Consisting of neurtons & protons.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.