Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this is a question to all you university students past and present,

how much money did you save before heading off to uni?

and if so was it enough for what you thought you would spend it on?

im asking because im off to uni (hopefully next year) and im off on a expedition to kenya for 3 weeks in early July, so im saving for that, also im considering seeing a bit of europe by rail and/or a holiday abroad with friends.

so i kinda want to know how much ppl personally saved towards uni

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    this is a question to all you university students past and present,

how much money did you save before heading off to uni?

and if so was it enough for what you thought you would spend it on?

im asking because im off to uni (hopefully next year) and im off on a expedition to kenya for 3 weeks in early July, so im saving for that, also im considering seeing a bit of europe by rail and/or a holiday abroad with friends.

so i kinda want to know how much ppl personally saved towards uni

thanks

I went to uni with £1,000 in my account. I have to pay my own rent though with my loan. Government paid for my tuition fees though. First year was ok, survived without using the overdraft. Second year I got to my overdraft limit and this year I'm a peasant!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.