Turn on thread page Beta

    I'm planning on trying to start funding myself through a F/T BSc degree course next year, as I can only get minimal funding and will have to pay my own fees &etc., (because already have BA degree).
    Is there anyone else out there who already works to fund a full-time degree course?
    It's really difficult to get information on how to balance working hours and study (and hopefully sleep!) any suggestions would be gratefully received.
    I will have to be earning at least £150 net per week even if I can get some loan funding together. Any suggestions on best employers for unconventional and flexible hours? I don't think barwork will pay enough, maybe Tesco or petrol station nights?
    If you're already doing this give us your views and experiences.
    If you know of any web sites dealing with this that'ld be good too. Even the NUS site doesn't really cover this.

    Tough question. Best of luck with your endeavours.

    Well your gonna have to get a student loan aren't u? That will get u £2000 a semester. And then get means tested on your tuition fees, if u have no money you degree will be v.cheap if nothing at all. If u live in a city bar work is gonna pay u £7 an hour do that for 3nights and your sorted.
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2002
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.