Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Thats the spirit lol
    So, how did you find this forum?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 and I breifly went out with a girl who was 17 (nearly 18 though!!). In many ways it didnt make any difference but going out and getting drunk was a this great new thing to her and to me it was no big deal. Thats the only thing that set up apart a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    So, how did you find this forum?
    I was doing a search for Ernst Rohm, Hitler's chief of the SA (Sturm Abteilung), and one of the results was a thread here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    I'm 22 and I breifly went out with a girl who was 17 (nearly 18 though!!). In many ways it didnt make any difference but going out and getting drunk was a this great new thing to her and to me it was no big deal. Thats the only thing that set up apart a lot.

I thought you didn't drink?

ReputationRep:
    my last bf was 15 when we started going out (he was 16 the next week)and i'm 17. there was a 15 month age gap, but it didn't actually bother me because we were in the same year at college (he's dead bright and was moved up). but i don't think i would generally choose to go out with someone younger... but i knew him as a friend first and it seemed to bother other people more than us. my mum thought it was great... i think she thought i'd found someone cute and innocent... i wasn't going to spoil that illusiion.

as for older... i would pull an older guy, but i've never managed more than a few weeks with anyone over the age of 20... there was this one i guy i met and liked, then found out we had the same psychology teacher... but him 7 years earlier. that was really depressing.... we had nothing in common, he thought it was really sweet that i was at college and had my 'little saturday job' while he had his law degree and job as a manager... he was 24 btw.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    I thought you didn't drink?
    I dont. Maybe that was the problem?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. May I ask why the relationship didn't continue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Interesting. May I ask why the relationship didn't continue?
    She pissed me off hehe!!!

ReputationRep:
    She pissed me off hehe!!!
    Well that would do it. Now to my next question in regard to this thread. Say a peson was dating someone a few years younger. What would be the chances of a successful long term relationship? Any takers???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Well that would do it. Now to my next question in regard to this thread. Say a peson was dating someone a few years younger. What would be the chances of a successful long term relationship? Any takers???

Depends what age they are. If it was a 15 year old guy and a 12 year old girl then not much chance. However if they have both matured then there is no reason why not. Love conquers all as they say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It really depends on the person not the age I reckon. Opposite to my last love story when I was 19 I used to go out with a 22 year old. Age wasnt the problem here either really we were just a bit too different.

ReputationRep:
    Should the question be would you or would you want to?

ReputationRep:
    Should the question be would you or would you want to?
    Probably means both mate.

ReputationRep:
    Again I think it does really depend on the individual relationship. i dont think that the prospects would be worse than any other relationship but it would probably depend on how old you are.
    If you are say 18 and dating someone 15 it is less likely on average to last than someone 28 dating someone 25 but that is because in your mid 20s you are far more likely to want to settle down.

I really have no problems with age gaps as long as they arent huge. For instance I think 20 and 11 is way more dodgy than 30 and 21 but that is because a person of 11 isnt sexually or emotionally mature and is far more likely to be susceptible to persuasion even if that persuasion is subconscious or unintentional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Again I think it does really depend on the individual relationship. i dont think that the prospects would be worse than any other relationship but it would probably depend on how old you are.
    If you are say 18 and dating someone 15 it is less likely on average to last than someone 28 dating someone 25 but that is because in your mid 20s you are far more likely to want to settle down.

I really have no problems with age gaps as long as they arent huge. For instance I think 20 and 11 is way more dodgy than 30 and 21 but that is because a person of 11 isnt sexually or emotionally mature and is far more likely to be susceptible to persuasion even if that persuasion is subconscious or unintentional.
    Here here. well said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    For instance I think 20 and 11 is way more dodgy than 30 and 21 but that is because a person of 11 isnt sexually or emotionally mature and is far more likely to be susceptible to persuasion even if that persuasion is subconscious or unintentional.
    Interesting
    I think that age gaps shouldn't matter unless you do something to a minor that it is illegal to do. If you love each other so much, you can afford to waste and if its a childish infatuation to an authority figure - tough.

For example me and ***'s sister, except i upset her so shes been tellin ppl im a paedo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Interesting
    I think that age gaps shouldn't matter unless you do something to a minor that it is illegal to do. If you love each other so much, you can afford to waste and if its a childish infatuation to an authority figure - tough.

For example me and ***'s sister, except i upset her so shes been tellin ppl im a paedo
    egad. ouch mate

ReputationRep:
    Age gaps shouldn't matter so much to people,. people makje judgements on you, especially at school because you are in different yrs. Boys gravitate downwards and girls upwards in search of a bf/gf. Actually, well nothin ever happened between me & her cos i told her it wouldn't be right as im 16 and shes 14/13- which is kinda boundary. Its just im in a difficult position cos the yr belwo is my bros so i dont really wanna go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    having been in a relationship where my partner was 13 years older than I am, then been the elder in a relationship by 9 years, age doesnt really pose a problem. The factors to consider are, previous history ie any children, what do both people want from the relationship, commitment, hopes for the future etc. Age only becomes a problem when one of the parties makes it a problem, although depending on circumstance an older partner that may have children, been married before will have different views and priorities to a younger person, or one that doesnt have the same life experiences. If a relationship is meant to be, it will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    having been in a relationship where my partner was 13 years older than I am, then been the elder in a relationship by 9 years, age doesnt really pose a problem. The factors to consider are, previous history ie any children, what do both people want from the relationship, commitment, hopes for the future etc. Age only becomes a problem when one of the parties makes it a problem, although depending on circumstance an older partner that may have children, been married before will have different views and priorities to a younger person, or one that doesnt have the same life experiences. If a relationship is meant to be, it will be.
    Exactly. I'm 18, my partner is 32. I get on better with her than most people my age so I don't see the problem.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.