Turn on thread page Beta

Underage [sex with someone underage] watch

ReputationRep:
    A quick question:
    If you were over the age of consent, but the girl you were with was under, what would you do?
    Go about things as if you were both over the age or stick to the letter of the law?
    If there has been a thread on this before, Im sorry, can someone just post the link here?

ReputationRep:
    wel... if you're caught having sex with a minor then you could get in trouble.... even if she doesn't want to press charges. How young is she???

ReputationRep:
    I believe it counts as rape.

ReputationRep:
    If they are under 13 (even if [and presumably they don't] they don't look it), it's classified as rape in all circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Her parents could press charges on her behalf, as she is a minor, which is a little bit scary. I think it's technically considered as rape - but a lawyer on here might know more about that. However if you were both consenting, and she was comfortable then i would. I know i'm a girl, but if it was the other way round. Especially if she is close to you in age, or will soon be 16. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    I think it's technically considered as rape - but a lawyer on here might know more about that.
    It's not if they are 13-15 and consented.

ReputationRep:
    Its a hypothetical question.
    Maybe I should explain. i was asked a few months back to sleep with someone, I refused. The girl is 15. I was trying to assertane what other people would do in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    If she asked you, I'd have been like "yeah sure!" .... but I don't think anyone can tell you what to do in any situation with someone underage, all that we can really do is tell you the law and point out the of obvious and you have to make up you're own mind.

ReputationRep:
    why would someone over the age of 18 go for minors inthe first place???

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah, that was one of my main reasons for saying no. Although, apparently her parents love me, so I wouldnt be in any danger of charges being brought against me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    why would someone over the age of 18 go for minors inthe first place???
    Im 16.
    Age of consent in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland is 16. Although I do not think there is one for hetrosexual sex for males.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    Well, yeah, that was one of my main reasons for saying no. Although, apparently her parents love me, so I wouldnt be in any danger of charges being brought against me.
    They may love you, but I doubt they'd love you... loving their daughter... like that.

and as for why would an 18+ want to get with a minor.... perhaps she is mature for her age, you get on, she's hot? you love her? Age isn't everything.... although for the most part I'd agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoonofdeath)
    They may love you, but I doubt they'd love you... loving their daughter... like that.

and as for why would an 18+ want to get with a minor.... perhaps she is mature for her age, you get on, she's hot? you love her? Age isn't everything.... although for the most part I'd agree.
    Good point.
    She is mature for her age, I do love her, and she is hot. A friend calls her 'jailbait', which annoys her! But Im only 7 months older than her.

ReputationRep:
    if you're only 7 months older than her then i think you are ok. I don't really think that sleeping with ehr would be unethical in your situation. xx

ReputationRep:
    ... yeah, that's what my "yeah sure!" was about. If I were in your situation I don't think I'd have a problem with breaking the law there. (I could rant about how there are plenty of 16+ year olds that really shoudn't have sex, and about how laws are not a definition of good and bad, just 'guidelines' as it were, but I won't).

ReputationRep:
    use plenty of lubrication!

sorry, I'm in a crass mood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    I'm in a crass mood.
    When aren't you? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoonofdeath)
    When aren't you? :/
    errr when am I? Apart from just now, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're 16 and only 7 months older than her just wait. It can't be that long! It'll save hassle and when the time is right you'll be able to make sure you're both ready. Don't rush into it!

ReputationRep:
    If you have reason to believe they are over 16 then you shouldn't be i trouble. theres a girl who comes i my regular bar, she's 15 but cause she's there in a bar looking 18 anyone that slept with her, she can't say it was statutory rape unless they knew her ag. because technically she is posing as an 18 year old. unless it is rape rape, but then you all understand. we are talking about consented sex.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.