Turn on thread page Beta

I'm going away... how do I cope with missing someone? watch

ReputationRep:
    i had this with my ex boyfriend the 2 summers we were together, it was rubbish! i think just the same as everyone else has said, while you're away write to him, perhaps have a set time each day when you text or talk on the phone/net (if not too expensive!). then the rest of the time make sure you enjoy yourself, if it bothers you not being able to contact him all day just think of all the exciting things you've done which you can tell him about when you next speak to him! after all it's hardly gonna sound exciting if you say "well i went on this trek and err..was texting you..".

when you come back and he's away that's more difficult. definitely have a countdown thing, plan lots of stuff for his return, get him to write to you/have the same daily chat arrangement. most importantly: keep busy! arrange a different thing for each day with friends or whoever, if you still realllly miss him devote your energies into something creative - whatever your thing is - paint him a picture, write him a song, make him a cd, anything!! it really helps me to have some little project going throughout the time we're apart.

good luck anyway, have fun!
    Cxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going away to uni in a few months i don't know how i'm gonna cope without seeing me boyfriend every couple of days, but he'll still call me everynight like he already does. Thats not seeing him for the best part of 4 years, and if one more person tells me that absence makes the heart grow fonder i will wring their neck.

ReputationRep:
    The trusting thing is definitely key - otherwise you do go a wee bit mad......

ReputationRep:
    yes my boyfriend went to iraq 2 months go and has just been home 4 a week infact he went back this morning am missing him already. am not going to see him till october now and im finding it ahrd allready because we have had such a great week 2gether wel ur time away will make you stronger ! if you ever want to talk just pm me x

ReputationRep:
    My bf has gone away for a month with no chance of contacting him as he is trekking up Mount Kilimanjaro and then helping some orphaned kids. I'm writing him a diary sort of thing in a book we have, just so that when he gets back, he doesn't feel pushed out of my life and he can see what i've been up to. I thought I would miss him really badly as I see him most days, even if only for 20 mins or so. I miss talking to him and hugs! But that will still be there when he comes back and I think that's a good thing to remember, and if you trust someone it doesn't seem so bad.

ReputationRep:
    I am the infamous "10 days girl" my bf went away and cheated on me. I don't think i'll miss anyone who goes away quite as much again.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.