Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im in a bit of a dilema.
    I am in a performance (well 3 shows) of Les Misérables later this week, and my throat has started to go!
    Anyone suggest anything which i can get over the vounter to help stop me losing my voice. Also, it has to be suitable for singing really, as I do alot of it in Les Mis (I am Jean Valjean for anyone who is familiar with the show).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My sazophone playing friend says don't use strepsils or similar, as they strip the oils from your throat. Instead, suck fruit pastilles!

Is there anyone you could ask for advice, like your singing teacher etc?

ReputationRep:
    I dont use strepsils anyway, they numb the vocal chords, meaning when you do sing, they are put under strain as you forget they are sore.
    I have emailed my singing teacher, but got no reply yet.

ReputationRep:
    if u ever watched those singing things on tv, Carrie Grant always said the only cure was rest
    good luck x

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
    that could be a problem as I have a full rehearsal tomorrow and tuesday night! And the show opens on thursday! I dont even have an understudy! I need to pray for a miracle!

ReputationRep:
    Drink lots and lots and lots of water and sleep at every possible oportunity. The only thing that ever works with mine is warm honey and lemon, or ribena

ReputationRep:
    OK, thanks for the advice. I think I would be best going to bed now then! Good night people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    I dont use strepsils anyway, they numb the vocal chords, meaning when you do sing, they are put under strain as you forget they are sore.
    I have emailed my singing teacher, but got no reply yet.
    There are antiseptic or antiseptic/anestethic ones... you can choose.

ReputationRep:
    When my friend had her final showcase at laines she had layringitus sp? and the drs gave her an injection and then she could sing! I have no idea what was in it though.. and she had to pay.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.