Turn on thread page Beta

World's greatest rapper/ hip hop act? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    World's greatest rapper/hip hop group. Who has got your vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kebab22)
    World's greatest rapper/hip hop group. Who has got your vote?
    i think Tupac Sahkur because hes one of the only hip/hop stars that i know that dont try to be like anyone else, he was a poet, his words really touch me wheni listen to them. people like 50 cent,ja rule etc etc all try to be something there not and all they talk about is f*** this f**** that!

ReputationRep:
    Difficult considering flows, lyrics, way they compliment beats, orgiinality, influence etc. But on balance for me its got to be out of:

Big L, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Gift of the Gab (Blackilicious)

hmmmmmm.

Hip hop groups:

The Roots, A Trible Called Quest, De La Soul

ReputationRep:
    definitely Tupac!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kebab22)
    Difficult considering flows, lyrics, way they compliment beats, orgiinality, influence etc. But on balance for me its got to be out of:

Big L, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Gift of the Gab (Blackilicious)

hmmmmmm.

Hip hop groups:

The Roots, A Trible Called Quest, De La Soul
    i love the roots

ReputationRep:
    **** yeah, how could i forget the one and only Gang Starr (DJ Premier is the greatest hip hop producer of all time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han*)
    i think Tupac Sahkur because hes one of the only hip/hop stars that i know that dont try to be like anyone else, he was a poet, his words really touch me wheni listen to them. people like 50 cent,ja rule etc etc all try to be something there not and all they talk about is f*** this f**** that!
    dunno, I think tupac is great too but he also says **** this **** that too, and says alot of dumb/ironic stuff on his records like when he was calling dre gay for leaving deathrow when he may have been killed himself by suge knight for trying to leave deathrow. But I agree he is one of the best, especially when you see how nas is of the same style (maybe even copied him) and gets massive respect too.

but krsone, rakim (way more politcal than 2pac), nwa (invented gangster rap, no 2pac, biggie with out icecube), biggie, jay-z, nas, eminem, 50cent

ReputationRep:
    i agree that i think nas and eminem are incredible artist but i dont know about the others!i think yes tupac did have a lot of records with swearing in them but that wasnt to act hard!he also had alot of very good songs with meaningful lyrics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han*)
    i agree that i think nas and eminem are incredible artist but i dont know about the others!i think yes tupac did have a lot of records with swearing in them but that wasnt to act hard!he also had alot of very good songs with meaningful lyrics!
    I agree with you, he weren't doing it as an act like todays rappers (and biggie).

I'd like to mention ludacris too, I know that sounds like a weak pick but he is a crazy rapper and has a innovative style. And i wanna mention outkast and missy elliot. Maybe the weren't as political, they're pop, but atleast they are real to themselves and have fun with the music. Maybe these will be considered the greatest in the future.

Also worth a mention are wutang, llcoolj, snoop, dmx

ReputationRep:
    i think that llcoolj is a really bad person to say!he cant rap to say his life, and his lyrics arent meaningful enough!

ReputationRep:
    Beastie Boys with out a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Immortal Technique, Canibus, PackFM, Tonedeff, Sabec Red, Ill Bill all highup in my estimations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han*)
    i think that llcoolj is a really bad person to say!he cant rap to say his life, and his lyrics arent meaningful enough!
    so how come people have been into his music for so long, he must have out lasted everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Eminem, 50 cent , ja rule r the best 4real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysMoment.)
    Beastie Boys with out a doubt.
    Beastie Boys rule

ReputationRep:
    ive seen dizzie rascal live n he wasnt that good AT ALL! also seen mark ronson he was WIKD! soooooooooo goood!

ReputationRep:
    dmx and jah rule are probably two of the worst rappers in the history of music

ReputationRep:
    I reckon, in the past it had to be tupac because he made ppl getr into rap, he is the greatest without doubt. The current rappers are probably as recognised as Tupac but I think they will never be as good as he was.

But, as that was in the past, I'd go with Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent because he may say f*** n stuff but it aint just about these words or beats, its about the lyrics of the song.

I also wanna add that these ppl who only like Eminem etc need to actually listen to some past songs to realize that rap is more about the beats, I bet most people havent even heard a tupac song or at least one from or before 1996. If you wanna hear something more in this century but rapping like it was b4, u gotta listen to Snoop.

N e wase, I'd like to support the british 2 cos ppl r ignoring them - so watch out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stunt-101)
    I reckon, in the past it had to be tupac because he made ppl getr into rap, he is the greatest without doubt. The current rappers are probably as recognised as Tupac but I think they will never be as good as he was.

But, as that was in the past, I'd go with Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent because he may say f*** n stuff but it aint just about these words or beats, its about the lyrics of the song.

I also wanna add that these ppl who only like Eminem etc need to actually listen to some past songs to realize that rap is more about the beats, I bet most people havent even heard a tupac song or at least one from or before 1996. If you wanna hear something more in this century but rapping like it was b4, u gotta listen to Snoop.

N e wase, I'd like to support the british 2 cos ppl r ignoring them - so watch out!
    4real tupac respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chatty gal)
    4real tupac respect
    tupac and eminem 4 sure !!!!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.