The Student Room Group
Reply 1
and i dont like the last question of this paper! sometimes its really easy and other times i just dont get the jist of it
Reply 2
i did it for edexcel, i may be able to answer any of your questions, if you have any
Reply 3
I got the exam tomorrow too. Not too good at the whole baryons, mesons and leptons and all the weird particles. Hoping that everything is spelt out, as I haven't learnt what quarks make up what particles. Anyone actually learnt that? Please say no....
Reply 4
Do we have to know about the different types of chambers, eg bubble, cloud, etc in any great detail? We've never been taught them, so I assumed we don't have to know them but they are in our OCR book. I haven't got the syllabus, managed to leave it at college :s-smilie: Does anyone know what we have to know?!
Reply 5
Jen05
Do we have to know about the different types of chambers, eg bubble, cloud, etc in any great detail? We've never been taught them, so I assumed we don't have to know them but they are in our OCR book. I haven't got the syllabus, managed to leave it at college :s-smilie: Does anyone know what we have to know?!

u dont have to know any of the bubble chambre stuff
Reply 6
Okay, thanks!
Reply 7
hmm im not lookin forward to long questions about different particle accelerators and fusion project etc, it jus hasnt all stuc,k in my mind! argh!!
I've got it tomorrow too. I hate the way they put a synoptic question at the end; why not just do that in the actual synoptic paper?
Anyway, I've attached some notes that I've been using, I hope you find them useful but I realise it might be a little late now. I don't think you have to know quark compositions, all I can remember is that a neutron is a 'dud'.

Latest