Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey who else has this exam tomorrow? I'm not feeling too confident about it

ReputationRep:
    and i dont like the last question of this paper! sometimes its really easy and other times i just dont get the jist of it

ReputationRep:
    i did it for edexcel, i may be able to answer any of your questions, if you have any

ReputationRep:
    I got the exam tomorrow too. Not too good at the whole baryons, mesons and leptons and all the weird particles. Hoping that everything is spelt out, as I haven't learnt what quarks make up what particles. Anyone actually learnt that? Please say no....

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to know about the different types of chambers, eg bubble, cloud, etc in any great detail? We've never been taught them, so I assumed we don't have to know them but they are in our OCR book. I haven't got the syllabus, managed to leave it at college Does anyone know what we have to know?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jen05)
    Do we have to know about the different types of chambers, eg bubble, cloud, etc in any great detail? We've never been taught them, so I assumed we don't have to know them but they are in our OCR book. I haven't got the syllabus, managed to leave it at college Does anyone know what we have to know?!
    u dont have to know any of the bubble chambre stuff

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    hmm im not lookin forward to long questions about different particle accelerators and fusion project etc, it jus hasnt all stuc,k in my mind! argh!!

ReputationRep:
    I've got it tomorrow too. I hate the way they put a synoptic question at the end; why not just do that in the actual synoptic paper?
    Anyway, I've attached some notes that I've been using, I hope you find them useful but I realise it might be a little late now. I don't think you have to know quark compositions, all I can remember is that a neutron is a 'dud'.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Nuclear And Particle Physics.doc (33.0 KB, 203 views)

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.